Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

Just booked a studio cabin on Norwegian Getaway for 7 nights out of Miami on Nov 13 with stops in Roatan, Belize, Cozumel, and Costa Maya. It probably isn't a great deal at $1229. but I got it as a Canada At Par which saves me about $400. I thought the ship might be interesting with its Miami/Cuban theme and the Waterfront and I have only previously been to one of the ports.

I booked a studio ocean view cabin for a May 2017, 7-day Eastern Caribbean sailing on RCCL Harmony of the Seas for $2700 - 30% off and no single supplement. Considering that a balcony would have cost $4500+, I consider this a good deal.

For the NCL studio fans, I'm seeing some fall Escape sailings that are actually nudging just under $1000 (base). Slightly better than what I've been seeing this year.

While not waiving the solo supplement completely, NCL has reduced it for the Escape the last 2 weeks of Sept. Going solo a guaranteed balcony room is $949, $150 less expensive than the studio suites.

I just upgraded from my studio to a balcony.

Mike

Edited by mkbnoc

While not waiving the solo supplement completely, NCL has reduced it for the Escape the last 2 weeks of Sept. Going solo a guaranteed balcony room is $949, $150 less expensive than the studio suites.

Mike

Nice. I know it's weird but I prefer the studios and the lounge when I'm solo.

Did that include any free at sea perks?

Nice. I know it's weird but I prefer the studios and the lounge when I'm solo.

Did that include any free at sea perks?

I almost didn't give up the studio, my first time on NCL and was looking forward to it. But in the end I couldn't pass up the extra room and a balcony.

Yes, because they are still offering the perks I was not only able to keep the one I had, UDP. But was able to add a second since the balcony qualifies for 2, Dinner perk. I'm traveling with another couple and we had some dinners planned that I would of paid for. Now they are free.

Mike

Just booked a studio cabin on Norwegian Getaway for 7 nights out of Miami on Nov 13 with stops in Roatan, Belize, Cozumel, and Costa Maya. It probably isn't a great deal at $1229. but I got it as a Canada At Par which saves me about $400. I thought the ship might be interesting with its Miami/Cuban theme and the Waterfront and I have only previously been to one of the ports.

How does the "Canada At Par" work? I tried to book last night but the final price is in US dollars which means that my Canadian credit card will charge me the exchange rate....

Edited by MM42

I booked a studio ocean view cabin for a May 2017, 7-day Eastern Caribbean sailing on RCCL Harmony of the Seas for $2700 - 30% off and no single supplement. Considering that a balcony would have cost $4500+, I consider this a good deal.

Hummm... $385 a night for an Eastern Caribbean... ?:(

How does the "Canada At Par" work? I tried to book last night but the final price is in US dollars which means that my Canadian credit card will charge me the exchange rate....

Did you call NCL or were you trying to do this online? Call and speak to a rep and tell them you want to deal in Canadian dollars. Your reservation will then be in CAD and you will not be at the mercy of fluctuating exchange rate.:)

Did you call NCL or were you trying to do this online? Call and speak to a rep and tell them you want to deal in Canadian dollars. Your reservation will then be in CAD and you will not be at the mercy of fluctuating exchange rate.:)

I tried online. I will call them. Thanks

Mike

Before I start looking -- was this pricing recent -- for Sept 17 and 24? I've been wanting to try NCL, but I have to go balcony. Thanks!

Before I start looking -- was this pricing recent -- for Sept 17 and 24? I've been wanting to try NCL, but I have to go balcony. Thanks!

I just checked the pricing this am and still $974 for a guaranteed balcony, for either Sept 17 or 24th. I'm on the 24th sailing.

I just checked the pricing this am and still $974 for a guaranteed balcony, for either Sept 17 or 24th. I'm on the 24th sailing.

My apologies for having a conversation that's not strictly cruise/cost. Just wanted to thank you for your help. I should've checked my calendar first. Cruise rate's great and air is good, but I have plans on the 24th that I can't change.

Have a blast!

I too booked a studio ocean view on Harmony (eastern) sailing April 1, 2017. The cabins are very small, I am hoping the large window makes the cabin feel bigger. I booked via an online agency that has a 90 day ticker. Their price, which was $500 lower than the Royal website, was just under $1,300.

I too booked a studio ocean view on Harmony (eastern) sailing April 1, 2017. The cabins are very small, I am hoping the large window makes the cabin feel bigger. I booked via an online agency that has a 90 day ticker. Their price, which was $500 lower than the Royal website, was just under $1,300.

That seems decent, especially since I saw base prices on NCL studios as high as $1249 this summer. (Sigh.)

I just booked a transatlantic on Celebrity Silhouette, leaves Rome Nov. 5, 15 day cruise, balcony cabin, solo, for $1791 (plus $107 or thereabouts in taxes). It's a 55+ fare, so now I'm feeling much better about the fact that I'm turning 55 later this month! :)

I think that's a pretty darn good deal, about $125 per night, and I got to choose my cabin also, it's not a guarantee. (It is a "partially obstructed" balcony, meaning there is the roof of one of the specialty restaurants right under my balcony and extending out a bit so I can't look straight down at the water...but I have no problems with that. Hey, if I fall off my balcony I'll land on that roof and not in the water!)

I'm told the military rates are also excellent if anyone's been in the military. These prices are on the Celebrity website, not any special travel agency deal.

Edited by bottomfeeder

I just booked a transatlantic on Celebrity Silhouette, leaves Rome Nov. 5, 15 day cruise, balcony cabin, solo, for $1791 (plus $107 or thereabouts in taxes). It's a 55+ fare, so now I'm feeling much better about the fact that I'm turning 55 later this month! :)

I think that's a pretty darn good deal, about $125 per night, and I got to choose my cabin also, it's not a guarantee. (It is a "partially obstructed" balcony, meaning there is the roof of one of the specialty restaurants right under my balcony and extending out a bit so I can't look straight down at the water...but I have no problems with that. Hey, if I fall off my balcony I'll land on that roof and not in the water!)

I'm told the military rates are also excellent if anyone's been in the military. These prices are on the Celebrity website, not any special travel agency deal.

In my opinion, for a 2 week cruise that is a great deal:)....I have

sailed Sihlouette before and she is a lovely ship. Hope you have a great

cruise:)

In my opinion, for a 2 week cruise that is a great deal:)....I have

sailed Sihlouette before and she is a lovely ship. Hope you have a great

cruise:)

Thanks Lois! I am excited, and half the fun of a cruise is planning all the arrangements so I have lots of fun ahead of me in the next couple weeks. :)

And although I've been on several of her sister ships, including the identical twin Eclipse, I'm excited to add another Celebrity ship to my list. :)

That would be way too steep for me. My benchmark is $100 per day. But it all depends on what an individual is willing to pay. :)

Not a price point I would characterize as a "solo bargain" for sure :D

Edited by Bajnok

Hmm, I've been on this thread for a while and I while I DO understand the strategy of breaking cruises down into cost per day, everyone's idea of a "bargain" is different and I'd rather we not discourage people from posting the info just because it doesn't hit an arbitrary benchmark.

Yesterday I booked a solo Promenade Inside cabin on RCCL's Liberty of the Seas out of Galveston, TX for a 7-night cruise on October 9, 2016 for $962.22 inclusive of all taxes/fees, with a $75 onboard credit. An Inside cabin - category K - was quoted at $862.22, same $75 OBC. (Pre-tax, and considering the OBC, an inside cabin works out to $101/night, basically at what I considered a great solo deal 25 years ago :)).

Yesterday I booked a solo Promenade Inside cabin on RCCL's Liberty of the Seas out of Galveston, TX for a 7-night cruise on October 9, 2016 for $962.22 inclusive of all taxes/fees, with a $75 onboard credit. An Inside cabin - category K - was quoted at $862.22, same $75 OBC. (Pre-tax, and considering the OBC, an inside cabin works out to $101/night, basically at what I considered a great solo deal 25 years ago :)).

Sorry, meant that to be $926.22 for the Promenade Inside cabin.