Room Service

Miss K

Do you get charged extra for ordering room service? What other food services are 'extra'? What things do you have to pay for at Cova Cafe??

Thanks!

No extra charges to use room service. A menu will be provided. Now if you order an alcoholic drink, then you will be billed for that. You are expected to give a cash tip to the person delivering the meal or snack to you. They are kitchen help and not the cabin steward.

Cova cafe will charge for specialty coffees.

Do you get charged extra for ordering room service? What other food services are 'extra'? What things do you have to pay for at Cova Cafe??

Thanks!

The only food you have to pay for is if you eat at the specialty restaurant (which I highly recommend you do - it is well worth it IMHO). No charge for room service; most people tip ($1 to $5 on average depending on the size of the order) but it is not required. The coffee and alcoholic beveages have a charge at Cova Cafe but all of their food treats are free (and you do not have to purchase coffee in order to request some of the food in their display case). I highly recommend their almond croissants in the morning.

Enjoy your cruise. :)

Anyone have a recent room service menu?

Rachael, my experience has been that you can order just about anything... doesn't have to be on a menu. I always take two-dollar bills with me for tipping room service and I also leave one on the pillow each morning for the room steward.... amazing what a couple of bucks a day will do, not only for great service, but so little means so much to those who spend their days trying to meet our needs!

Dinah

The coffee and alcoholic beveages have a charge at Cova Cafe but all of their food treats are free (and you do not have to purchase coffee in order to request some of the food in their display case). I highly recommend their almond croissants in the morning.

Enjoy your cruise. :)

We will be going on our first Celebrity cruise on 10/17 from Honolulu to Auckland. I am wondering if you can purchase a "coffee card" such as the one available on Princess ships?

Thanks!

We will be going on our first Celebrity cruise on 10/17 from Honolulu to Auckland. I am wondering if you can purchase a "coffee card" such as the one available on Princess ships?

Thanks!

Celebrity did not have one of these during my recent cruise. The coffees were not that expensive, I think it was $2.50 for a latte or expresso if I recall correctly.

Thank you all very much for your replies. My family and I are going on a 14night Sydney to Auckland cruise in January. It's getting closer!! :D

I have heard about the almond croissants, and I am definitely planning to get some!! And the waffles too, apparently?

Thank you all very much for your replies. My family and I are going on a 14night Sydney to Auckland cruise in January. It's getting closer!! :D

I have heard about the almond croissants, and I am definitely planning to get some!! And the waffles too, apparently?

The waffles are quite tasty as well!

Have a great cruise. :)

No such thing as a coffee card, but plain, ordinary coffee and tea are available 24/7. We always take travel mugs with us because they're great for filling up with coffee to take out on deck or into the library and keep our coffee hot without worrying about spilling. The insulation works well for using with iced tea by the pool, too.

X has coffee!!!???:confused: Must have made some improvements.

Well....on our Connie cruise ending a little over a week ago the coffee was a little better than before - but that's not saying much. I'd still describe it as terrible.

Thank you for letting us know that the food at the Cova Cafe was free. I thought you had to pay for it. I don't drink coffee so I would have walked right by!

On another 'note'........I found an American $2 bill in an old drawer a few months back. I wasn't sure if they still used them, I have never seen them or received them in change when we have travelled, so I looked it up on the internet to see if it was maybe a collector's item. The first site I looked at said that $2 bills were mostly used in strip joints!!:eek:

After washing my hands I put the bill in a deposit envelope for the next time I went to the drive through bank. It'll be 2 'singles' from us!!!;)

^^^ don't know how true this is. they're very old and obviously no longer made but my grandaddy always had a whooooollleeee bunch of them and used to give them to us as "souveneirs" -- i hold onto them because they're rare and because they have sentimental value that he gave them to me.

and trust me, my grandaddy is not and never was a stripclub kinda man. from what i hear it was his father who was the womanizer, but my grandaddy has been around long enough to have exchanged these bills while they were in circulation.

ok, BOT!

^^^ don't know how true this is. they're very old and obviously no longer made but my grandaddy always had a whooooollleeee bunch of them and used to give them to us as "souveneirs" -- i hold onto them because they're rare and because they have sentimental value that he gave them to me.

and trust me, my grandaddy is not and never was a stripclub kinda man. from what i hear it was his father who was the womanizer, but my grandaddy has been around long enough to have exchanged these bills while they were in circulation.

ok, BOT!

Two dollar bills are still printed and in circulation by the US Treasury. They don't have to be old or have seen life at a strip bar;) .

Two dollar bills are still printed and in circulation by the US Treasury. They don't have to be old or have seen life at a strip bar;) .

As are gold dollars that aren't made of gold - but how often do you see either out and about?

Archived