OT: Favorite Non Cruise Photograph

Really, really beautiful shots everyone. :)

I too appreciate when the camera and settings are posted.

All of the night photos are particularly lovely.

My camera is a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ28. I shot the Mt rainier pictures with F5.6 apertute priority abd EV -1 1/3 exposure compensation. White balance set to shade.

( ... I love my new Sigma 10-20mm wide angle :D 20mm@ f18)

I just picked up that lens and experimented with it this weekend. Here's what I did.

The Milky Way.

DSC_0483.jpg

Neptune showing off over the glow of the big city lights of Fort Worth, Texas.

DSC_0481.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

4131179170_733ba7ff05.jpg Sunrise Nov 13 by captkaos1947, on Flickr"]4131179170_733ba7ff05.jpg Sunrise Nov 13 by captkaos1947, on Flickr[/url]

This is a lake behind the house we lived in...gorgeous sunrises.

4316521539_8297623ee8_b.jpg A big flock of geese by our lake in Elsberry, MO January 27, 2010 by captkaos1947, on Flickr"]4316521539_8297623ee8_b.jpg A big flock of geese by our lake in Elsberry, MO January 27, 2010 by captkaos1947, on Flickr[/url]

We woke up one morning to this flock of migrating geese.

Beautiful picture, bionicman97! It looks like a little church in the mountains of North Carolina so I checked your photo website and it is! Is it HDR?

Thanks! It's not HDR, I don't have any experience with that yet, but I am going to play with that soon.

For this picture, I did it in photoshop and converted to about 50% opacity black and white. Added the orange tint to the sky, posterized the leaves on the trees, played with the hue/saturation and added some accent lighting.

Also, I stretched the photo up, because I thought it looked a little smushed originally.

Thanks! It's not HDR, I don't have any experience with that yet, but I am going to play with that soon.

For this picture, I did it in photoshop and converted to about 50% opacity black and white. Added the orange tint to the sky, posterized the leaves on the trees, played with the hue/saturation and added some accent lighting.

Also, I stretched the photo up, because I thought it looked a little smushed originally.

Very nice effect. If you want to try HDR sometime you can download Photomatix for a free trial. It is sort of fun to play around with.

BTW, I am from FL originally and remember cruising down the Crystal River to Silver Springs in our boat when I was a teenager - one of those great childhood memories.

Very nice effect. If you want to try HDR sometime you can download Photomatix for a free trial. It is sort of fun to play around with.

BTW, I am from FL originally and remember cruising down the Crystal River to Silver Springs in our boat when I was a teenager - one of those great childhood memories.

Thanks for the tip. Crystal River is a lovely place if you like the water.

Here are a few of my favorite odds & ends. Since I live in Montana just 30 minutes from Glacier National Park and 4 hours from Yellowstone, I have plenty of great natural beauty around me.

Tower Falls in Yellowstone National Park

TowerFalls.jpg

Seattle Pike Place Market

DSC_9131.jpg

County Fair Ferris Wheel

FerrisWheel2.jpg

Archived