Recent Labadee Visitors

We were there 2 days ago - it was great - and hot!!

We were there 2 days ago as well! The only thing I noticed was a small amount of damage to the thatched roofs over the Labadee Cafe pavilions. We did notice that the beach quality varied from one area to the next, but I couldn't tell you if this is the norm or not. The beach around the cafe area was a bit rocky with a bit of sea weed floating. Nothing bad though. We preferred the areas to either side of the tender landing. Looking forward to exploring further next time.

Will

We were there the day after Ike came thru the areas around Labadee, if fact our first day at sea we were going around the outer bands of Ike and had 40-50 mph winds and the pool was a wave pool, the chair backs were slamming against the chairs etc.

Anyway when we got to Labadee the next day it was warm and beautiful and looked fine with a little palm tree debris here and there, the only thing was we went snorkeling and the water was a little churned up from the storm so it wasn't very clear, but for swimming it was great, just couldn't see alot snorkeling.

I am sure by now it's fine.

Okay, for those of you that have been there...I am going with a group of 35 people next week. Some of them want to snorkel in Labadee, but not go on the excursion that is offered. Do they rent snorkel gear either on board or on land there, or or their only options to do the excursion or bring their own stuff?

Do they tender at Labadee? Although this is our 3rd RCCL cruise coming up, we have never been there as it was not on the itinerary. We have only batted .500 with stops at HAL's Half Moon Cay and Princess Cay over the years due to rough seas.

Do they tender at Labadee? Although this is our 3rd RCCL cruise coming up, we have never been there as it was not on the itinerary. We have only batted .500 with stops at HAL's Half Moon Cay and Princess Cay over the years due to rough seas.

Okay, for those of you that have been there...I am going with a group of 35 people next week. Some of them want to snorkel in Labadee, but not go on the excursion that is offered. Do they rent snorkel gear either on board or on land there, or or their only options to do the excursion or bring their own stuff?
You can rent snorkel equipment on the island and charge it to your sea-pass card.
Yes, it's a tender port.

Archived