Merging Royal Caribbean's Crown and Anchor with Celebrity's Captain's Club programs

Grumpy8

I heard that they will be merging Royal Caribbean's Crown and Anchor with Celebrity's Captain's Club programs in January so that your cruises count with either for reward status. Is this true. Is in writing somewhere ?

It is true, it is in an article in the latest Crown and Anchor magazine, Issue 4 2004 page 10, and also mentioned in the message from the President letter.

However it only applies to Platinum and Diamond members. If you are Platinum you get the Captains Club select and if Diamond Captains club elite.

The article is titled

"More benefits - and even more places to use them. Exciting news for Platinum and Diamond Members"

The magazine also fomally announces the new Diamond Plus level of 24 or more cruises.

Not exactly combining or merging. A cruise on one line does not count on the other. But if you are a Platinum or Diamond C&A, you would get the benefits of Select or Elite if you sailed on Celebrity and vice versa. However, if you have 6 cruises on RCL (Platinum) and 6 (Select) on Celebrity, you would still get only Platinum or Select. The cruises don't add together.

On another thread, a poster complained that he had 5 on each and would get no more benefits on either line until he cruised at least 5 on one line. He was correct. Not everybody will benefit from this. Tootsie, I think you fall in this category. If you go again on Celebrity, you should get Elite benefits, but the Celebrity cruises won't help you get to Diamond Plus on RCL.

Still, it allows a verteran of one to try the other line and get some of the loyalty benefits. Adding them would be nice, but if they did that, so many people would be at the top level, they'd have to cut the benefits or we would hear complaints about too many people at the party, or too many people with priority boarding, etc.

I may have misunderstood, but, after reading some post on this subject, called RCCL. (DH and I are Founders Select (mid-level) members with Celebrity but this is our first RCCL cruise)We are cruising today so all she could do was officially put me us as Crown and Anchor members..status as of the completion of this cruise..don't think same level. In january the official status count begins.

We are leaving later on Mariner...that's whuy I can't sleep!!

The merging of these plans should be a good thing!;)

Question...........we have stayed with RCCL cause of the perks(we are Diamond)........what perks does Celebrity offer their members??

Never mind.............just looked it up..........all I can say is WOW....they have much better perks.........love the upgrade.......I always thought RCCL should do that one,,,

Parrothead,

The Elite perks are pretty nice, but that upgrade can be misleading. Celebrity chooses to provide the cabin benefit on the cheaper cabins. The upgrade is one-class within a category, but stops before balconies are involved. For instance, you can pay for the cheapest inside cabin and get the next higher category. Same thing works for oceanview. The incremental difference is usually between 30-60 per person. But you can't pay for the top inside and upgrade to an outside. Now that would be a benefit.

However, if you are looking for balconies or suites, it's no good. RCL, on the other hand, offers platinum and diamond members discounts (what is it 100-150?) on balcony and higher cabins, but I don't think anything other than coupons on selected sailings for the inside or oceanviews.

We are Platinum on RCL and Select on Celebrity so can't speak in detail on the top level perks. When we sail on the Brilliance in April, that will take us to Diamond. Our Sept Summit cruise will take us to Elite with Celebrity. This new perk came too late to help us much (although we will get the benefits of Elite on the Summit because of the Diamond level).

According to our Loyalty Ambassador on our Oct 11th sailing, they are still working out the details, but it supposed to go into effect in January. We are Platinum C & A members and Classic Founders Captain's Club member and have a Celebrity Cruise booked for next September. If I understand the "merge" description in the C & A magazine, we will be upped to Select Captain's Club members. I'm looking forward to the extra perks, but since we usually book balcony cabins or suites, the RCI benefits are better than the Celebrity upgrades that are only good for inside to inside or outside to outside cabins.

Archived