Mazatlan - Victors vs. Molokay

cruisinscorpio

Was at Victor's 4 days ago. The wives rode with Randi. Turns out they were the only two customers that day so they got the special tour. We hung out at Victor's with Randi until they returned. Chris is no longer there, but his replacement did a fine job. Many vendors but they are no problem. Someone mentioned earlier about "thousands" of dead fish. The girls reported (with pictures) 1 dead puffer fish and about 6 or so dead rays. Don't know about the puffer fish, but the rays were by-catch from the shrimp boats (per the guide). The food at Victor's is topnotch, refridge or not. The garlic shrimp beat anything the boat had to offer. I attached a pic of Victor's menu, they had a different one for locals. Remember the prices are in peso. Peso are still about 13:1 at your local bank, 10:1 everywhere we shopped. I bought $2000 peso before we left ($160USD), could of used $3000 worth (brought home "several" bottles of tequilla and domiana).

P1000359.jpg.d16fbd7b2b36944927f99d2eda9f7722.jpg

I can highly recommend Letys as an alternative to Victor's. It is right next door and not as crowded, has clean restrooms, good food, free lounges, chairs, tables, boogy boards and wonderful owners. We've been there twice now and will definitely go back.

I can highly recommend Letys as an alternative to Victor's. It is right next door and not as crowded, has clean restrooms, good food, free lounges, chairs, tables, boogy boards and wonderful owners. We've been there twice now and will definitely go back.

Great ceviche:), spicey shrimp, loungers and the sweetest kitten (with the funkest tail) that you can imagine.

Service was good, shower and restroom were clean and prices were very reasonable.

We did Molokay's last week and loved it. The best food we ate all week (had a great shrimp platter and a grilled fish platter) and we rented ATV's from them for $35 an hour. The service was great. Delphino took really good care of us. It was a great day on Stone Island!

.....Thousands of dead fish washed up on shore....The beach was full of trash and the water was so bad no one in our group would even let their horse ride in the water let alone swim in it...no electric there at all.....

Let’s see, no dead fish and no trash. Great water. Funny, wires, electric meter and lights.

Stone Island - VICTORS is all the way down - but worth the walk!!

I recommend the Garlic Shrimp platter - IT IS WONDERFUL:

Thanks Kimmer727.

Those photos bring back fun memories! (I'm also a "plate photographer", lol)

Love Randi! She is a very genuine person and will look out for you while on your tour. Lots of fun conversation as well.

Love Victors! For anyone worried about eating on shore in Mexico, I have eaten at Victor's three times and had no problems whatsoever. I've been in the kitchen and it is very clean and organized. The whole place IS rustic, but that is the appeal to me. The bathrooms are more than above average for Mexico. Tip: One can order half garlic shrimp and half coconut shrimp on your platter; both are really superb. All local ingredients. Can't wait to return! Any questions about Victor's feel free to ask.

Thanks Kimmer727.

Those photos bring back fun memories! (I'm also a "plate photographer", lol)

Love Randi! She is a very genuine person and will look out for you while on your tour. Lots of fun conversation as well.

Love Victors! For anyone worried about eating on shore in Mexico, I have eaten at Victor's three times and had no problems whatsoever. I've been in the kitchen and it is very clean and organized. The whole place IS rustic, but that is the appeal to me. The bathrooms are more than above average for Mexico. Tip: One can order half garlic shrimp and half coconut shrimp on your platter; both are really superb. All local ingredients. Can't wait to return! Any questions about Victor's feel free to ask.

I actually took that picture after I ate 1/2 the platter!!! LOL! They gave you so much shrimp it was enough for 2 people.:D

we went to victors a few years ago and had a great time

we walked from the ship (10 to 15 minute walk) to the local wharf then paid 1.50 for the return trip then walked along stone island to victors it was wonderful washroom was a bit rustic but clean which was important

we drank pop and beer, and had the seafood platter dh had 2 beers I had 2 pops cost 18 bucks inc tip

we will be on the MArnier with my mom step father and their friend and will take them there as well

the beach is not crowded its great

yes a few venders but if you no gracis they leave you alone but once you buy something it seems they all keep coming back

• 1 month later...

We (myself, husband and 6 and 8 year old girls) went to Stone Island last March while on a cruise and loved it. We booked a tour independent of the boat, can't remember who we booked through, but it was one that used to advertise on the boards here, I don't see any advertisements anymore. We had a great time. Yes, the island is primitive, but it was such a nice change. The people were so wonderful and tried so hard to make our day fabulous. The vendors were not a problem at all, just trying to make a buck, but very gracious and courteous. The food we had was awesome, sorry I can't recall the name of the restaurant, but I would guess most of the food is close to the same from place to place on the island. We did a little horseback ride during our trip, which was included and it was so fun, the man who was in charge of the ride was so nice and really helped my 6 year old feel comfortable on a horse. The ride there and back was a little adventuresome, but we really had a great time and felt the Mexican people in this port were the best.

• 11 months later...

When I think of Victor's I think outdoor BBQ. Not a gourmet kitchen... but it sure does taste good! I will be there again for my 3rd time when we cruise in March! :D

Archived