Galveston Recovery

If you check the HH web site you will find that they will not be available until early 2009 they are currently housing construction crews. We had to cancel our reservation for December. We will be looking for a new pre-cruise hotel.

thanks for that info., i guess i'll be looking for something closer to the houston port.:confused:

does anybody know how much damage the harbor house sustained? have reservations for nov. 20th. i've tried calling and e-mailing them,but haven't had luck either way.:confused:

Ill get pics up in a few, but they have a boat at their front door.

You are probably not getting a response as that area has no electricity and much of the island still doesn't have a phone line.

Galveston Cruiser ( or anyone from the area)... Do you know anything about the taxi service in Galveston? We normally use Tropical Taxi, but was wondering if any taxis will be readily available for December. We usually leave our car at the hotel and take a taxi to and from the terminal. Would like to know what to expect this year.

Thank you for your help and time!

Galveston Cruiser - Hi Lee and Mary, remember us two from the April TA? Glad to hear you're ok.

We're booked on Voyager out of Galveston in April 2009 and have booked a B&B called the Coppermith Inn on Avenue M for a couple of nights pre-cruise. We were wondering if this place survived but we don't want to trouble the owners with an email in case they are up to their eyeballs trying to rebuild their livelyhood.

Carol and Dean

Galveston Cruiser - Hi Lee and Mary, remember us two from the April TA? Glad to hear you're ok.

We're booked on Voyager out of Galveston in April 2009 and have booked a B&B called the Coppermith Inn on Avenue M for a couple of nights pre-cruise. We were wondering if this place survived but we don't want to trouble the owners with an email in case they are up to their eyeballs trying to rebuild their livelyhood.

Carol and Dean

HI Carol and Dean:

Yes, we remember you. We took the Navigator on a Med cruise after departing VOS. Walked 150 yds to the ship and the VOS transferred our luggage.

Will go by the Coppersmith tonight on the way to dinner. I know it survived, but I believe they had some water on the 1st floor as did we in our 1860 home. It is a beautiful B&B. Lee and I stayed there many years ago before we moved to Galveston. I am sure they will have it up and running soon.

We must get together while you are in Galveston.

We are going to Italy in December and take MSC Orchestra from Genoa to Ft. Lauderdale over Christmas and New Year's.

Will definitely need a vacation from all the cleaning and restoration we must do. You can e-mail me at: mbranum1@hotmail.com

Mary & Lee

Someone asked about Diner on 61'st

Building greatly damaged and there is no activity at all on building.

If the restuarant returns it will be a long while.

Thanks so much!

That's very sorry to hear. We discovered the place on our first cruise, I swear they had the best breakfast in town. Their waitresses were the greatest too, very friendly and made you feel just at home.

I do hope they'll be able to rebuild.

Archived