??? Calling New York Gals

Lushpuppy

HI!

Girls, what do you think?? We are spending three days in NYC prior to our cruise. As this is our first time in NY :D CANT WAIT! We girls are of course planning THE shopping trip of the century. Okay, so then theres the problem of how we get it in our luggage to come home although we are allowed 2 x 50LB bags each, we all are serious fashionatas and wont be seen dead without our full wardrobe. :rolleyes: We are considering travelling to NY on the flight nearly empty:eek: and chancing getting all our shopping in NY before we cruise, so we have not only got all these wonderful new additions for our wardrobe, we have them for the cruise. What do you think..should we risk it..and "must do's" for us real live "sex in the city" girls:) Help me with a list of shops for the attack!

Bring your luggage just in case, if you buy a whole new wardrobe, anything you don't need take to a UPS store and ship it home. Best of both worlds.

HI!

Girls, what do you think?? We are spending three days in NYC prior to our cruise. As this is our first time in NY :D CANT WAIT! We girls are of course planning THE shopping trip of the century. Okay, so then theres the problem of how we get it in our luggage to come home although we are allowed 2 x 50LB bags each, we all are serious fashionatas and wont be seen dead without our full wardrobe. :rolleyes: We are considering travelling to NY on the flight nearly empty:eek: and chancing getting all our shopping in NY before we cruise, so we have not only got all these wonderful new additions for our wardrobe, we have them for the cruise. What do you think..should we risk it..and "must do's" for us real live "sex in the city" girls:) Help me with a list of shops for the attack!

Bring your luggage just in case, if you buy a whole new wardrobe, anything you don't need take to a UPS store and ship it home. Best of both worlds.

Ah..but then if we do that, customs get us and we need to pay tax here on it in the uk:eek: Theyve had me several times when I order stuff from U.S. Yep..UK govt takes the tax on YOUR goods! If we buy them in U.S. and wear them..cant charge us tax on them..

Then you will want to hit Century 21 for sure! ;)

http://www.c21stores.com/#/home/

LUSH LUSH LUSH:D

Okay, thats ONE for the list, keep adding for me girls. Going away on another vacation shortly but hope you can all give me lots of suggestions for the "hit list".

THANK YOU:)

Didn't know you were in the UK

I meant ship home your already owned clothes - the ones you brought from the UK - surely you don't have to pay tax on shipping your own clothing home - you owned it already when in UK - like bringing your own luggage back.

Ah..but then if we do that, customs get us and we need to pay tax here on it in the uk:eek: Theyve had me several times when I order stuff from U.S. Yep..UK govt takes the tax on YOUR goods! If we buy them in U.S. and wear them..cant charge us tax on them..

HI!

Go to Macys. Show them your passport at Customer Relations and they will give you a discount. Macys also has great sales. Buy the NY Daily News and there probably will be a coupon for an additional 15% off. Macys 34th street carries anything and everything from Louis Vuitton down to bargain basement markdowns.:D The Euro is still strong that is what they are saying. I am jealous. You can do it! Take your vitamins. :p Don't bother to leave the store for a snack, there is a Starbucks and a snackshop right in the store. You can catch the subway from the basement.

I love Century 21 but be forewarned, it isn't shopping for the faint of heart.

You need to spend several hours in there, prepare to dig, customer service does not exist, and it isn't cheap. I bought a $2500 Chloe jacket for $250 and designer bags are $300+.

The good news is you can find fabulous bargains. I buy a lot of my sunglasses there. Roberto Cavalli's for $20.

I don't particularly like Macys because they are everywhere.

If you are fashionistas, you'll want to hit the new Top Shop. Also, H&M is great for trendy at good prices.

If you have $$$$$ to spend, Takashimaya, Barneys, Bergdorf Goodman, Saks, Prada, Chanel, Manolo Blahnik all can't be missed.

Downtown Jeffrey NYC and Prada SoHo are a do not miss.

Macys might be everywhere, but there is only one Macys 34th street, the largest department store in the world. They get the "newest" merchandise first., and carry the largest variety hands down. All the other stores mentioned are fabulous, but cater to a certain niche. Century 21 gets leftovers . .that is why it is cheaper. If you want the "it" bag or coat of the moment, it is not the place to go. It is the place to go on a "treasure hunt". I do recommend Bloomingdales if you like fashion forward colors and styles. jmo of course.:)

I had the same dilema last year when I sailed from Miami. I went down 3 days prior to my cruise to shop in South Beach and bought LOTS of fun new stuff I just HAD to have

I took a callapsable suitcase with me to put all my new things in so was able to take my full wardrobe + my callapsable full of new stuff on my cruise, then tote 2 bags home. Worked out well.

• 1 month later...

Oh wow thank you all! We gotta do macys and saks just for fun no matter what. But thank you for fab additions to the list. Got to find the best jazz supper club now to take my mil too! (and after that an all night dance club!)

Archived