Qe2 Overbokjed Nov 2nd????

seabourndt

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone else read one of the "readers rants" in the Travel section of yesterdays Sunday Times?

It was from someone in Milton Keynes who, guess what......should have been sailing on the QE2 on NOVEMBER 2nd BUT GOT A CALL ON NOVEMBER 1st FROM CUNARD SAYING THAT THEY HAD BEEN "BUMPED" OFF THE SHIP.

Person is complaining about this although they have been given "adequate compensation" (no details)

The printed response from Cunard was "unlike airlines which overbook flights as a matter of course, it is not our policy to overbook cruises. It happens very rarely, and when it does, it is always due to computer error."

Seems you were not alone.

Trying to keep up with all this - (do try to be more kind folks) If you have a contract with Cunard, ie you pay the asking/negotiated price, they undertake to supply that which you have paid for but don't, is this not breach of contract. Or is it all in the small print. If I had been treated as reported here I would be expecting to be offered a bit more than my money back and a free cruise. In these cases (talking UK here) you should never never accept first offers. You always have the option of the County Court Small Claims that big organisations hate. Write to them, keeping a copy of the letter, and tell them that you do not accept their offer and you want compensation in addition for disapointment and unrecoverable expenses.

David.

i wished i had rejected theirb offer then. i spoke to my t/a saying i think i should get more than they offered. but they kepy saying they sent all my letters to cunard they said no thats all you're getting. as of today i still have not revceived my refund. said they werev sending it friday but today monday its still therre. say they are bank transfering it to my accoundt tuesday, they hgad better do it. as i am on another cruise wednesday i do not have any monry idf i don't get my money tomorrow.,if i don't i will casncel my cruise and try the small claims court. any idea who i contac about this? we shoulsd all go to southampton qwith banners at the soton office.

my t/a was not help whatsoever victoria travel. i will not be using them again?

goingm on costa victoria wednesday

would be interested to see what they said. i have had a treally bad day. when i spoke to cunard yesterday they said they would bank transfer then to my account. today they ring to say they missed it yeasterday and that it would go through this morning,. i asked when i woulsd get it they said mi afternoon?

at 2.30pm no money, where is it. dunno it went through at 10am. 3.15 no money found out if it did not get theree by 3.30pm that would be it until tomorrow. run t/a who had washed their hand of it leaving it to cunard.

NEVER WILL I USE THERE AGENCY AGAIN?

i went to bank no money, what about any overdraft or loan no way?

rung cunard to say if my money is not there today i would takev them to court? it all went quiet?

i would have to cancel my cruise which cost £1000 if i did not get my monrey and charge them for it.

well at 3.30pm was told by the bank my money, it was a bit more than i was expecting, but i am so stressed out in the last 3 week i certainly needca holiday. one should not be trated like this?

i would be interested to hear from the others who got bumped if they have had there refund yet?

david

Archived