WHO'S ON BOARD: Officers, Staff and Crew

C 2 C

Each ship and each position is different. Some people stay with one ship for three months, some for four months, some as long as six months. They are constantly coming and going, to vacation, reassignment, or even retirement.

Because the OP depends on those who come back from a cruise to send him updated information, the more of us who contribute, the better the chart.

Oh of course -- I apparently need more sleep -- duh! Thanks, Andy.

My pleasure Cruisestitch. No worries, I need more sleep too :)

Arno,

What happened to the entry for Restaurant Manager? The RM is always much more visible than the head chef:)

Tom

Personally, I am more interested in the Restaurant Manager and Executive Chef than any of the entertainers so I would not want the Restaurant Manager to replace the Executive Chef on the list!

It must be very difficult [no, make that impossible] to keep everyone happy!!!!!

Sue

Arno,

What happened to the entry for Restaurant Manager? The RM is always much more visible than the head chef:)

Tom

RM on the SI a the moment is Angel Dimitrov

He is amazing and I left a comment at the end of this last cruise saying that he was the most visible crew member on-board....

("even for a short guy" - which was a comment HE personally made to me when I told him :D)

Personally, I am more interested in the Restaurant Manager and Executive Chef than any of the entertainers so I would not want the Restaurant Manager to replace the Executive Chef on the list!

I was not asking for the RM to replace the Exec, just the addition. Some time ago the RM was on the list:)

I was not asking for the RM to replace the Exec, just the addition. Some time ago the RM was on the list:)

I was not suggesting that you were. Apologies if it sounded like that. I was just trying to make the point that keeping the list up to date is probably a thankless task! I happen to agree with you that we should have the Restaurant Manager on the list.

Sue

This may have been answered before (sorry) but how long are these charts accurate for?

Unfortunately, from 1 to 90 days. Each position has a different contract period and returning cruisers can only report who was on board for that sailing. However by glancing at the charts over an extended period of time, one could speculate on the likelihood of having a certain staff member be on board. Celebrity will not provide us with the information.

Arno,

Tom

Hi Tom:

Since the RM is not listed in the "Spotlight" handout, few people would or could post the name. The chart looked too empty when most ships were missing that entry. I just wish we could get more feedback to post.

• 2 weeks later...
Please forgive my ignorance, but what is a cc host/hostess and what do they do on board?

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using Forums mobile app

Hi Ben,

CC Hosts/hostesses oversee all the Captains Club events on board and are also a resource to all Captains Club members.

They are usually very personable and helpful.

Hi Ben,

CC Hosts/hostesses oversee all the Captains Club events on board and are also a resource to all Captains Club members.

They are usually very personable and helpful.

Ah, ok. Thanks.

I thought cc stood for cruise critic! :D

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using Forums mobile app

Anyone know where Esperanza Gambrodues (cruise director) and Captain Yannis Berdos is?

Hoping to have one of them on our Equinox cruise in December :)

Hi,

I thought Esperanza was a Activity Staff member? Has she been promoted to cruise director now? If so does anyone know when?

Thanks,

Hi,

I thought Esperanza was a Activity Staff member? Has she been promoted to cruise director now? If so does anyone know when?

Thanks,

Esperanza was the Activities manager on Reflection in December and then temporarily placed in a cruise director's role.

I have not seen her name come up again as a permanent CD.

The same occurred with Ben Powney on Century in recent sailings.