WHO'S ON BOARD: Officers, Staff and Crew

C 2 C

We are sailing on the Solstice in May and were hoping Captain Dimitrios was going to be moved to that ship. We have cruised 10 times and he is by far our favorite Captain. He has a super sense of humor, is out chatting with passengers often onboard and will stop for photos with passengers even when you can tell he is on his way somewhere. He is the most personable Captain we have come across.

I even heard employees on the ship talking about Dimitrios and how much they liked working for him. That in itself, I think, says a lot.

We are sailing on the Solstice in May and were hoping Captain Dimitrios was going to be moved to that ship. We have cruised 10 times and he is by far our favorite Captain. He has a super sense of humor, is out chatting with passengers often onboard and will stop for photos with passengers even when you can tell he is on his way somewhere. He is the most personable Captain we have come across.

I even heard employees on the ship talking about Dimitrios and how much they liked working for him. That in itself, I think, says a lot.

He has now left the Silhouette and going to Summit

any idea of when he is going?

He must be there now as I understand Darren Tiller is the HD on the Eclipse now so I would assume that Raffaele is on the Summit now, maybe someone on the Summit could clarify that.

Does anyone know who the captain was on a transatlantic cruise that began the first week of December 2012? He was " covering " for the regular captain who was on vacation. This captain was very engaging & entertaining & EVERYONE stopped to listen to his daily announcement because it was usually funny. He made himself available every day at 1215 on deck 5 for a "Kodak" moment & many people had their picture taken with him.

Does anyone know who the captain was on a transatlantic cruise that began the first week of December 2012? He was " covering " for the regular captain who was on vacation. This captain was very engaging & entertaining & EVERYONE stopped to listen to his daily announcement because it was usually funny. He made himself available every day at 1215 on deck 5 for a "Kodak" moment & many people had their picture taken with him.

Sounds like Captain Dimitrius to me! We had him on the Silhouette TA last April and he was by far the best we've had yet.

I can't believe that JC is still the CD on Constellation. We had him last summer and thought he was terrible. I thought he was just a vacation substitute.

Just off Connie and JC announced that this was his last cruise as he was going on holiday.Don't know when or where he will next be. While I agree he was smarmy (as someone posted), I was amused by the morning show he did with Mark the activity manager/entertainment director. Yes there was a lot of fake laughter , but they were entertaining.

I am sad to hear Captain Tasos is going to be taking a break (well, happy for him, sad for me). We'll be on the 3/8 cruise - looks like he may be gone by then :(

Also not happy to hear JC is kind of a dud. I do think a good CD can make a big difference

Wonder who you got as CD. Let us know. Edited by richstowe

Sounds like the Silhouette TA which we were on. Yes, Captain Dimitrios is quite humorous.

Now whenever I hear the word "Greek" I can't keep from smiling....

I never assume, but do people actually know that Captain Dimitrios & Tasos are "brothers" :cool:

If you see either of them again, ask about their ships whistle blowing competition they had between themselves in Cozumel on Dec 31st 2013 between the SI and CS.

I never assume, but do people actually know that Captain Dimitrios & Tasos are "brothers" :cool:

If you see either of them again, ask about their ships whistle blowing competition they had between themselves in Cozumel on Dec 31st 2013 between the SI and CS.

Capt Dimitreus gave us an echo demonstration on the Silhouette Dec2013 TA, as we were leaving the Cote d' Azur. The delay was over 18 seconds, indicating a distance from the mountain of at least 3 kilometers , or 2 miles

Just off Connie and JC announced that this was his last cruise as he was going on holiday.Don't know when or where he will next be. While I agree he was smarmy (as someone posted), I was amused by the morning show he did with Mark the activity manager/entertainment director. Yes there was a lot of fake laughter , but they were entertaining.

Yes, but it was probably much longer than it needed to because he thought he was so funny and did all the fake laughing. I did like Mark.

How long are CD vacations, 3 months? I hope so, that way he won't be able to be on my Summit cruise in early June.

Edited by MisterBill99