Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hdawson

Yucatan Today

YT. A bit off topic but I'm considering another trip to Merida for 2-3 wks over Easter. I can fly into Cancun for half the price to Merida. ($400 RT). I'm in NC.

I can rent a car one way for about $75 and drop off in Merida. I would arrive in Cancun about noon. What are the bus options? Frequency and price and travel time.

Thanks so much for your contributions on this board.

John

PS If you would rather not post a reply here, feel free to email me at http://www.hdawson228@aol.com

I'll answer here, just in case some cruisers want to come back!

You can take a bus from the Cancun airport to the bus terminal in Cancun for $40 pesos. This is preferable to taking a taxi for $40US. Once there, check out the ADO line - anything over $30US(approximately). These are the luxury buses that drive directly to Merida in about 4 hours; they leave about every hour or so. The top of the line for about $40US has individual seating and headphones for the movies, so you only have to listen if you want. They are very comfortable, air-conditioned, with bathrooms. I have taken them many times and always enjoyed the trip. One word of caution - they are really air-conditioned! Those in the know bring a sweater!