Scuba

StCroixCruiser

I will be on Dominica on November 4, 2008 off a Princess ship. I hope to go SCUBA diving that day but need some recommendations for a dive operator and/or specific dive sites to request.

I am a PADI SCUBA Instructor, so would hope for high quality diving that didn't involved inexperienced divers in a huge group.

I live on St. Croix, so am not just an occasional vacation diver trying to remember which side of the mask goes UP.

I'd love to hear from some dive operators if they have space available for a 2-tank dive to some good sites on that date.

... I'd love to hear from some dive operators if they have space available for a 2-tank dive to some good sites on that date.

Howdy StCroixCruiser! 50.gif

Welcome to the Ports of Call - Dominica Forum! 04.gif

Thank you for your post. However, per the Guidelines we all agreed to follow when registering for our free membership, dive operators cannot reply to your request. 05.gif

... Other Cruise Professionals, Tour Operators, Destination Website Owners, Guides and Property & Business Owners

Cruise Professionals, tour operators, tour guides and property & business owners (and their associates, employees or designated representative) are also encouraged to participate in the discussions on the Cruise Board and establish themselves as experts on a particular topic by responding to members' inquiries with useful answers. They may not, however, list or refer members to their World Wide Web sites. They may not include their "business name" in their signatures, nor may they include their website link in their profile. No promotional material or conducting tour business, is allowed. This includes mentioning pickup locations, scheduling times of tours, confirmation of events/deposits/e-mail receipt, etc (and any other discussion determined to be of a customer service nature in the sole discretion of Cruise Critic. Only items of a general nature may be posted on the forums.

Local experts living in ports of call are encouraged to contribute, as long as their recommendations are general in nature. Those living in ports of call who recommend individual business or tour operators will find that their posts have been removed and their posting privileges suspended.

*Effective February 12, 2006* - While we welcome the legitimate recommendation of tour operators, guides, property & business owners in ports of call, please post your recommendation in response to a request for that specific information.

Cruise Critic considers requests to be E-mailed for additional information as soliciting and will delete those postings by any tour operator, guide or anyone trying to sell or promote themselves on Cruise Critic. Additionally, attempts to circumvent our rules may result in your company name being censored from our forums without notice. Please, abide by our Community Guidelines so that legitimate recommendations by our members regarding guides and tour operators may remain on the forums!

From time to time, Cruise Critic management is contacted by Tour Operators/Guides/Business who request removal of negative posts about their company. Cruise Critic will not remove negative posts from the boards at the request of any tour company, cruise line, store, shop, taxi company, driver, guide, etc.

One-Post Wonders This phenomenon essentially amounts to single or multiple posts created by a brand-new member which tout tour operators/businesses in ports of call. Posts of this nature will be removed from the boards without notification to the author. Cruise Critic considers these types of postings an attempt to circumvent our rules and may result that company name being censored from our forums without notice.

Cruise Critic reserves the right to remove any material from our message boards without notification to members, the author or the company being recommended...

You will need to browse/research the boards for reviews by other members. Use the Search this Forum feature on this forum as well as the Scuba and Snorkeling Forum at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40 to help narrow down the threads you will want to read.

Be sure you do not try a search with too many or too common of key words at one time. This will sometimes overwhelm the search feature with too many threads to scan and will cause a time-out.

From time to time, you may receive an error message that says "Search function is down". PLEASE TRY AGAIN in a few moments. This message will often pop up during the busiest times of the day. Please remember, there are 382,599 (and growing!) members at the time I type this reply. There could be many others trying to search at the same time.

The main thing to remember when using the feature is to click the Go button. Do not click Advanced Search. It has been disabled.

The same instructions apply when using the Search this Thread feature on a thread.

Click here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/index.php for the list of all Cruise Critic message board forums and be sure to read all Announcement and Sticky threads at the top of the various forums for very important information or instructions.

In our Guidelines, please note the Please Browse BEFORE You Post section since many of your questions may have been asked and answered before.

I sincerely hope this information will be helpful!

Kat 110105_emYA42_prv.gif

I am sincerely sorry there was a misinterpretation of my post.

Yes, of course other members can reply to a request for information about dive operators. I was just explaining that per the Guidelines a dive operator could not reply to your request.

Wishing you lots of 080402gudl_prv.gif with replies from other members!

Kat 070106YA44_prv.gif

I am leading a scuba group aboard the Emerald Princess on November 10th and made arrangements for my group to dive in all the ports of call, inlcuding Dominica. Please feel free to email me and I will send you some info on dive operators in Dominica.

The diving in Dominica is supposed to be excellent, but as I have not been diving there before, I can't comment until we experience it first hand. That said, we picked this ship's itinerary for the diving, so we are really looking forward to our cruise, which is fast approaching!

You can also visit our group forum here at Cruise Critic where you'll find lots of dive information. I have a list of dive operators posted somewhere - you may have to explore a few pages of posting to find what you are looking for or do a search.

Good Luck!

• 1 year later...

I just dove with Nature Island dive in Dominica. The coral and sealife were amazing, visibility was very good, saw a seahorse! Dive master Weefee was great. It was just me and a guy who was staying in the village for the first dive and on the second we were joined by a family of 4. Weefee carried a clip board so he could write the name of whatever critter he was showing me which was nice. Good boat and equipment, dive sites were literally 2 minutes from shore!

Archived