Wine & Dine with Room Service?

akcruz

Will be sailing on the Freedom this SUNDAY and finishing up the last details. One of those details is whether we do the Wine & Dine and if so which option. I believe I have read here on CC that if you get the Wine & Dine package you can request a bottle of wine from the package to be delivered to your stateroom through room service but am not positive. Has anyone done this on Freedom? We do like to have a glass of wine on the balcony at night and it is either this or getting a bottle or two through gifts & gears directly but that seems to cost a lot more.

Thanks for any information you can provide for me.

I don't think that would be the best plan. Generally the Wine and Dine program is handled by the waitstaff and not the room service staff. The easiest way to get a bottle for the room from your wine and dine purchase is to just ask your waiter in the MDR or the head waiter in the WJ. They will bring you whatever you request. On our last cruise a 13 day transatlantic we had several M&M room parties, I would just request my waiter to bring me a couple of bottles of champagne towards the end of dinner unopened for the next days gatherings. I have walked out of the MDR with as many as 3 bottles of unopened wine.

jc

xpcdoojk thanks for the reply. This will work as well, never thought about that. Just wanted to make sure any bottles we got did not have to be consumed in the dining room only! Now just to figure out how many bottles to get :D

We always get the wine and dine package,and regularly call room service and request a bottle to be delivered to our room. We have done this on Grandeur, Brilliance and AOS. It takes about half an hour to get it delivered, and when you go to the dining room that night your waiter will adjust the total of the bottles left on your package.

Archived