Newby:Radiance-Which Deck & Cruisetour or not?

sallygal2

Hi All, I'm a very Newby to this and need help. Considering Radiance of the Seas to Alaska Southbound voyage early Sept 2009. Cabin selection (Balcony) is haunting me-what's the noise factor/veiwing factor for possible decks 8-10? Anyone stay in 8116/9570/1588?? As far as cruisetours, My hubby & I are healthy 50 year olds and well traveled under our own belts. Is the cruisetour something we can pass on and arrange our own accomodations/tours?? Thanks for all answers.

If you haven't yet visited the CC Alaska Ports of Call board there is lots of great information over there in regards to traveling independently in Alaska (very easy place to get around in regards to the road system) as well as those that have chosen cruisetours.

Susan in Anchorage :)

We were in Alaska for the first time last August. Since we had not been there before we took the cruisetour that started in Fairbanks and ended in Anchorage, then a bus ride to the ship in Seward. Then the south-bound cruise ending in Vancouver. Spent a couple days in Vancouver before heading home. Had a great time on the cruise-tour,and it was nice not haveing anything to worry about. I don't know what the price difference would be if you did all the touring on your own, but we were quite happy with RCL's arrangements.

Hey Sally, you are looking at different cabins here than the ones you had posted on the Alaska page. I would deffinately up to the D-1 category if you can, you will appreciate the extra room and the larger closet. Of the choices I would go with the one on deck 9. As far as cruisetours, everybody loves #12. If you haven't booked, we have a good group formng on the 8/21/2009 cruise.

Archived