QE2 interior photos on lower decks.

Reltco

If anyone can help me, I'm looking for any photos (or video) of 5, 4 and 3 deck in the main passageways. In particular I am looking for photos of the stairways especially B, C, F and H on these decks. If anyone has any info on where to find them or would share them directly with me, I'd be very greatful. I looked for anyone who was currently onboard and blogging for the final cruise to Dubai but did not find anyone on these boards. My hope was to ask them an extreme favor of snapping a few pix for me.

If anyone can help me, I'm looking for any photos (or video) of 5, 4 and 3 deck in the main passageways. In particular I am looking for photos of the stairways especially B, C, F and H on these decks. If anyone has any info on where to find them or would share them directly with me, I'd be very greatful. I looked for anyone who was currently onboard and blogging for the final cruise to Dubai but did not find anyone on these boards. My hope was to ask them an extreme favor of snapping a few pix for me.

Have you checked beyondships dot com?

Hello

I have a few photos of deck 3, but unfortunately not the staircases that you mentioned. I've put them on flickr just in case they are of any use, the link is below.

Kind Regards

Sharon

since they are the most convenient and most tread. B stairway goes from 2 deck to 5 deck and the other minor stairways are a mixed bag depending on where you need to go so why use them if they don't go all the way up or down? You also can't get hose good pictures of looking up from 5 or down from Boat (Stairway D is the exception in this group). I remember dropping stuff from the Boat deck to my sisters on 5 Deck just to watch stuff fall. A and G were best for this, E was too busy all the time.

Thanks for all the help so far but in my extensive web search I've seen most of it already (but I have found some realy cool stuff in the meantime - thank God for the internet!). Someone has to have something - I will continue to press on!

There is a photo of the 3 Deck port side corridor after the one of the laundry room if you scroll through the way too many photos on this link:

http://gallery.me.com/lesleyblake#100280&bgcolor=white&view=grid&sel=0

We also have photos of sundry stairwells, but I think they are from the upper decks.

When I get my cabin cavalcade video on You Tube, that should have video of the corridors and stairwells all over the place.

Lesley

Safarigal, where did you get the detailed deck plans in the four photos just prior to the one entitled "geting ready for the calvalcade" on the 3rd page of photos (taken in Midships Lobby). I'm looking for a set to build a cutaway model and any assistance would be very much appreciated.

Also, there is no such thing as "way too may photos" of QE2!

Safarigal, there has been a video called cavalcade of cabins (QE2) for quite some time now. Is this a new video? If so, I can hardly wait to see it!

I think the ship's plans belong to Cunard Queen, but I may be mistaken. They were absolutely fantastic!

I do not think I could in any way make a video as good as the Cavalcade one already on You Tube, but mine will be a new one of the final westbound crossing. I'm still working on the Farewell to New York video from October 16th, but the editing is taking way too long!

Good luck with your model.

Lesley

• 2 weeks later...

Long story short, I was able to contact a most generous passenger on QE2's voyage to Dubai who took some outstanding photos for me of all of passenger stairways on 5, 4 and 3 Deck. I'm looking to post the collection of about 50 photos on Flickr or similar as soon as I can figure out how.

I find these photos fascinating as they reflect a stairway system of the truly by-gone era of multi-class transatalantic liners. QM's lower decks were gutted to make room for convention space so stairways to lower decks are walled over, QE is long since scrapped and QE2 is about to suffer the same fate as QM. I doubt the Big U will retain her current stairway/elevator layout if she is ever brough back to service.

Regardless, I have the most obcsure photos - if anyone is interested in things like what B Stairway on 5 deck looks like, I can help you!

Trivia: before the 86/87 refit, does anyone remember using H Stairway to pass from 4 to 5 deck to their stateroom aft of G stairway? There is a sign in the stairwell now (and the passageways are walled off aft of G on 5 Deck) that says "Crew Only" but there were staterooms back there prior to 86 - probably still there just used for crew quarters since 87.

I wish I'd seen this earlier as I have photos that would probably fulfill your wishes, but it appears you already have plenty now.

I can still post mine if you like though it might take a few days.

Doug,

I'm interested in seeing what's in your photo collection per the above quote. I left you an email on your website with my email address in it. Thanks.

Archived