Forum Maintenance: Wednesday March 20 @5:00 am ET Read more... ×
Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lisaland15

Just off Rhapsody 10/31 with our 14 mo. old and 9 yr. old

We had a WONDERFUL time!

Both embarkation and debarkation went fast--less than an hour for each one (parked at EZcruiseparking).

We had a D1 aft balcony room, 7660--right in the center. We liked having the extra room that a balcony provides for the kids.

We ate in the formal dining room 4 out of the 5 nights, casual dining for all breakfasts and lunches. We enjoyed the food, but we are not picky eaters, either. I'm just happy that I don't have to cook!

We rented a golf cart in Costa Maya and went to Mahahual and did the pier area on the way back.

In Cozumel, we went to Paradise Beach and then to Cozumel Minigolf.

My husband and son did the Rock Wall, and we all enjoyed the Observatory on the 10th floor--super windy, but a dark and clear night for star gazing.

My 9 yr. old loved Adventure Ocean (probably less than 20 kids in the 9-11 group) and our 14 mo. old enjoyed wandered around with us. The staff was great with her!

We had a CC sailaway meeting and Meet & Mingle Party. Unfortunately, we only had about 15 or so show up. It was great meeting everyone, though.

Here are some pictures:

http://community.webshots.com/user/lisaland15

If you have any questions, let me know!

lisaland - thanks for the review and pics. your daughter is adorable!!

we leave on the first cruise out of dry dock. we are ready to GOOOOO! :p

Reading about your cruise makes me jealous... luckily we've just booked to go on Rhapsody in January! I read somewhere that you can buy drink (ie: alcohol) cards- is this true? Also, we cruised on Explorer 1 and 1/2 years ago and my husband loved snacks at the cafe in the Centrum (sandwiches etc...). Do they have anything like this on Rhapsody? Thanks for your help.

Bobo

bobo5551--Unfortunately, no alcohol cards (I think they used to, though), just soda cards. You can purchase a "Wine & Dine" package the first night to have a bottle of wine for each dinner meal ($135 and $165 (for better wines)).

I don't think they had a Centrum on the Rhapsody, but the Solarium had snacks (pizza, hot dogs, hamburgers) almost all day long.

Lisa: Great pictures! We're hoping to get ours posted by tomorrow along with a review. It was great meeting you and DH and kids. It only took 9 hours of driving to get home instead of the 11 we thought it would! But next time, we're DEFINITELY flying!

bobo5551--Unfortunately, no alcohol cards (I think they used to, though), just soda cards. You can purchase a "Wine & Dine" package the first night to have a bottle of wine for each dinner meal ($135 and $165 (for better wines)).

I don't think they had a Centrum on the Rhapsody, but the Solarium had snacks (pizza, hot dogs, hamburgers) almost all day long.

We just returned from this cruise also. The Rhapsody has a beautiful Centrum, although I never saw any sandwiches being served or eaten there. Usually it is busy with the art auctions, cooking demonstrations, etc. It is lovely and a great place to sit and enjoy the music.

Oh, right--the Centrum! Gosh, I'm already forgetting! It was the open, central area (where the elevators, fountains, formal picture taking was)! My daughter enjoyed taking the glass elevators on that side!

No food there unless you count the free champagne during the art auctions or samples from the cooking demonstration!

Great pictures.Your kids are both so adorable.Looks like your family had a lot of fun.

PTarbay--Thanks! Unfortunately, neither one looks like me. :( Or maybe that's a good thing....

We did have a great time. Now, I just need to wash and repack for the next cruise in Dec. I didn't get a cruise last year because of the birth of my daughter, so we're doing two this year. :D

I didn't get a cruise last year because of the birth of my daughter, so we're doing two this year.

You are so lucky.We usually go on a cruise every other year and Disney Worldevery other year in December.Our cruise is in January this time so I really didn't get a vacation this year.I'm going to try this argument with my husband and try and get a Halloween cruise.

Lisa ~ Thanks for posting your photos. Your little girl is very precious...and she looks like a good traveler, too!

I'll be sailing on the Rhapsody in March!

PTarbay--We live about 25 mins. from Port of Galveston and Port of Houston.

With 5-6 ships docked here, it's a very fesible vacation option for us. We also homeschool, so I am able to adjust my son's school schedule to our family's travels.

Boo's Mom--Thanks! Both sets of grandparents live far from us--one in Chicago and the other near Philidelphia, so we fly home often. Our daughter has already flown 5 times. This has been great for us to help carry her: http://rideoncarryon.com It made debarking real easy--it fits on your carry-on luggage--it kept her confined and safe and it made moving around hundreds of people easy (during Immigrations and Customs). Of course, it's wonderful for airports.

Hey Lisa,

We really enjoyed meeting you and your family on the Rhapsody 10/31:) Thanks for sharing your photos. Also, thanks for loaning us your husband for the Quest game - I hope he filled you in on the details :eek: I haven't laughed that hard in a long time :D

We had a great trip and had a blast partying & dancing with the Gayribbean group and other friends we made on the ship. Our husbands were happy we had "safe" dance partners since we left them behind for our Mom's week out!

I'm bummed we didn't meet up with others from these boards - our meet and mingles were pretty poorly attended.

I'd be happy to chime in if others have questions about the Rhapsody :)

All our best,

Deanna & the "Red Hot Mamas"

Deanna--did any of you get a pic of Chris doing the Quest??? I can't believe he did it!!! Talk about a Kodak moment!

It was great meeting all of you, too. :)

Hi Lisaland15: Thanks for the pictures!!! We are booked on a cabin on the Rhapsody in April dead center aft on the 8th Deck (exactly right above where you were). I was especially glad to see the balcony as ours will be a duplicate of yours, I think. Looks like you were able to get shade and maybe sun part of the day. Our idea is to get room service everyday for breakfast and sit on the deck of our balcony.

Do any of you know any of the details on the drydock?......specifics as to what they are replacing, etc..?

I'm looking forward to seeing the ship in March....as it will be our first RCI experience.

Boo's Mom:

Here are a few of the changes that my stateroom attendant said they were going to make:

1. Redoing "Schooner Bar" and "Shall We Dance Lounge".

2. Retiling the Solarium floor.

3. Redo outside staterooms on the 4th floor.

250 contractors were supposed to board, and then off to Alabama.

We're cruising in January with our son who will be 13 months. One thing I keep thinking about is beach time and trying to keep him from eating the sand. Was this a problem for you? I don't think I'm going to be able to put him down on the beach without him 'orally exploring' everything. Any tips on baby travel would be appreciated. Thanks!

lisaland15 - question about your daughter's sand ingestion. :D

cprofits--My daughter does put a lot in her mouth, but sand wasn't one of them, thankfully! She did get sand in her mouth, but it was more from sand clinging to her skin and then wiping her hands over her face. Sand does get EVERYWHERE, though--it's inevitable!

In Costa Maya, the sand was finer than the sand in Cozumel.

At first, when we were at Paradise Beach (Cozumel), she did not like walking in the sand (coarse, lots of coral pieces). We played in the water a bit, and then we went back to our lounge chairs which were shaded by an umbrella and a tree. I brought some sand toys (hand rake, hand shovel, bucket, etc.) and she surprisingly sat and played for about 45 mins. By this time, she was getting clingy and she dozed off. I laid her on a towel and was able to put her down on one of the chairs. She stayed asleep for almost two hours! Paradise Beach had full body showers and a little foot shower. We were all able to get clean off well before we headed to Cozumel Minigolf.

You can e-mail me if you have more questions: lisaland@houston.rr.com :)