Puerto Vallarta Info

pvpam

Pam,

We will be in PV on 12/23/05 on the Norwegian Star. We want to find a beach resturant that you can sit on the sand and order a very large platter of sea food. Our cruise cancelled Acapulco and we used to do that in Puerto *****. Do you think it is possible in PV.

Pam,

We will be in PV on 12/23/05 on the Norwegian Star. We want to find a beach resturant that you can sit on the sand and order a very large platter of sea food. Our cruise cancelled Acapulco and we used to do that in Puerto *****. Do you think it is possible in PV.

The best area for a meal literally on the beach is Los Muertos beach. It is the strip of sand running south from the Roi Cuale. It is the beach where old Vallarta meets the bay. See this map: http://www.vallarta-info.com/south.html

Starting from the foot bridge over the Cuale, and running south, you will find a wide variety of restaurants that front the beach. Several offer table service on the beach itself. This link will show a partial list of restaurant in Old Vallarta. http://www.vallartaonline.com/restaurants/find/location-Romantic_Zone/ I have eaten at, and know the following are on the beach (with table service in the sand): Burro's Bar, Cuates y Cuetes, Daiquiri Dick's, El Dorado and La Palapa. I think Coco Tropical is also on the beach but I haven't eaten there yet. There are more restaurants on the beach but they haven't caught my attention yet. Also, I haven't ventured too much south of the El Dorado along the beach. I know there are more restaurants serving the southern half of Los Muertos.

If you are doing the tourist thing downtown, just walk south on the expanded Malecon past Hooters. This will take you over the foot bridge and into the Los Muertos beach area.

For a direct trip from the Maritime terminal, leave the port & grab a yellow taxis. Tell the driver to take you to Daiquiri Dick's ($5-6 USD per cab with up to four people each). This will take you to the beach side of Lazaro Cardenas Park that you can find on the map above. Burro's Bar is immediately north of Daiquiri Dick's; CyC, La Palapa & El Dorado are to the south of DD's.

Enjoy!

• 1 month later...
Thanks for posting all the info on this thread.

I'm interested in the horseback riding excursion in P.V. where the horses go into the water. Anyone know about it???

I was just looking at this last night. I would also like to know more about it and if it was a fun excursion. PV is the only one that we can't decide on. Had a ball on the ziplines last time.

• 5 weeks later...

Pam,

What a fabulous place to be living for 14 years. I use to vacation in PVR about twice a year and now it has been about 10 years since I have visited! We are arriving from a cruise ship and would love to show our daughter all our old "hangout" spots. Chino's Paradise, El Eden, Mismaloya Beach (prior to the resort!), El Nido Bar, etc. We would like to spend about 2 hours driving around, stop in town for some shopping and then spend the afternoon on the beach. We had considered renting a car, however, for just 2 hours wouldn't we be better just hiring a cab? Then have him drop us downtown, shop, and cab it to the beach?

Sorry, did not mean for it to post...using laptop and I am not so good at it!

Do you know of a specific cab/tour guide we could hire for a couple of hours? Really just looking for best deal, just figured the jeep/car would end up costing us 50 - 60 for the day and we might be able to hire a cab for 20 to 25 an hour and not have to worry about all the one way streets and crazy drivers.

Also, do you know if Chez Elena is open for lunch? Could we even go up to El Nido bar for the view?

PVR brings back lots of fun memories!

TIA

Barb

Sorry, did not mean for it to post...using laptop and I am not so good at it!

Do you know of a specific cab/tour guide we could hire for a couple of hours? Really just looking for best deal, just figured the jeep/car would end up costing us 50 - 60 for the day and we might be able to hire a cab for 20 to 25 an hour and not have to worry about all the one way streets and crazy drivers.

Also, do you know if Chez Elena is open for lunch? Could we even go up to El Nido bar for the view?

PVR brings back lots of fun memories!

TIA

Barb

PV Pam had health issues and was hospitalized last fall for an extended period. I don't believe she has posted to this board since last October.

I'll take a stab at your questions where I can.

Chez Elena is dinner only. Here is the link to their web site - http://www.mexonline.com/chezelena.htm

El Nido bar has their web site at - http://www.cuatrovientos.com/elnido.html There is an email address at the bottom of the page.

I've been coming here since 2000. The city has changed in that time and I'm sure things are quite different since you were last here. Traffic is a major problem in the city and parking is almost non-existent. They are starting to build parking structures on/under the few remaining parks.

I think you will be better off hiring a cab (just outside the port) and negotiate a deal for the driver's time. Do not use the white taxis inside the port. Leave the complex and get one of the thousand yellow city taxis.

This is one of the better tourist support sites in PV. There is a link to the local discussion board where you can get answers to questions from people that live there. http://www.vallarta-info.com/

Enjoy!

• 4 months later...

Archived