bepsf

New Queen Elizabeth

I'm looking forward to seeing more info about the New Queen.

It appears she'll be 2500 tons larger and have 39 more staterooms than the QV - Do you think they'll add those staterooms to the stern (like Noordam, or worse, like Eurodam) or will they be added above the spa (like Eurodam)

Perhaps someone has heard the scuttlebutt from one of the Captains???

My understanding is that they'll be above the spa.

Hopefully we will see more info soon; the new ship is still nearly two years away but with QE2's farewell over it is time for the Cunard PR machine to switch gears.

Hopefully we will see more info soon; the new ship is still nearly two years away but with QE2's farewell over it is time for the Cunard PR machine to switch gears.

Doug, we posed this question and concern about the lack of details on the new Queen Elizabeth to Cunard officials on the Farewell trip. I mentioned that the lack of information is disappointing and that they need to really ramp it up like all the coverage we got with teh building of QM2. We were assured that information would be forthcoming after QE2 had been handed over in Dubai. Carnival/Cunard, if you are listening, how about a webcam or construction progress ala HAL Eurodam? As the Cunard officials stated, they wanted QE2 to receive all the attention she rightly deserves during the remaining days in service and not to distract with new QE details. I will be waiting with anticipation just how the designers are going to differentiate her from QV. There is a long list of things we'd like to see that has been started on another site.

KenM

I am expecting a Eurodam type ship...........albeit with modified interiors and livery.

Well, let's just hope that Cunard do a better job with the forward end of that deck than HAL did with theirs...

...tho in my opinion, Cunard would be better served to place the additional staterooms where the QV spa is now so that they can have big forward-facing balconies and some Panorama Suites on the corners w/ wraparound windows - and move both the Spa and the Commodore Club up one deck each.

Great to her that Cunard were nholding back on QE press to make sure that the QE2 received the send off she deserved.

Their PR machine was certainly working overtime even without the nudging incident at the Brambles!

John

I'm looking forward to seeing more info about the New Queen.

It appears she'll be 2500 tons larger and have 39 more staterooms than the QV - Do you think they'll add those staterooms to the stern (like Noordam, or worse, like Eurodam) or will they be added above the spa (like Eurodam)

Perhaps someone has heard the scuttlebutt from one of the Captains???

I have been reliably informed that they are being added to the stern, just like the Noordam. As a result we can expect a ship as slow as, but uglier that, the Queen Victoria.

And rather different from the stern of the Eurodam:

000280_foto1_img1.jpg

000292_foto1_img1.jpg

Since Cunard put the most expensive suites at the stern - why would they want to muck it up? My money is on the extra deck up top forward.

Peter

My money is on the extra deck up top forward.

Peter

....and mine is on the stern!

K.

Why do you think they'd ruin the most expensive cabins?

....and mine is on the stern!

K.

Why do you think they'd ruin the most expensive cabins?

I think they'll build it rather like they are to make Arcadia look. The suites will still be on the stern but with more overhang and will probably not be as appealing as those on Queen Victoria. In fact, with hindsight I think some of us will regards QV's stern as being quite attractive!

K.

My cabin money will go to the bow, more movement, more fun ;-)

Complete with pointy balcony - and no overhang. Perhaps it will include the plunge pool. :)

K.

And rather different from the stern of the Eurodam:

000280_foto1_img1.jpg

000292_foto1_img1.jpg

Since Cunard put the most expensive suites at the stern - why would they want to muck it up? My money is on the extra deck up top forward.

Peter

Its also 11m longer, maybe that is where the extra cabins are. It is reportedley to be the same langth as the QV

Its also 11m longer, maybe that is where the extra cabins are. It is reportedley to be the same langth as the QV

The issue is its with the same length/beam, QE has a bigger tonnage than QV - 2,500 tonnes - so the question is, where does the extra tonnage come from? The stern? The extra half deck forward? Both? We don't know, though the illustration suggests that its not the stern.....not that that stops people thinking it is.....

Peter

That rendering of the ship looks like the same one they used for QV. At that small size, I wonder if they are just reusing the same rendering for the new QE.

That rendering of the ship looks like the same one they used for QV. At that small size, I wonder if they are just reusing the same rendering for the new QE.

Precisely!

We'll know, one way or another, soon enough.

By the way, argueably, the best suites on Queen Victoria are amidships, not at the stern, although those are very nice.

K.

That is entirely possible......and if they do extend the upper decks aft, it will be another stick to beat Ms Marlow with when she witters on about Cunard's 'liners'.........

Gross Tonnage - 92,000t ????

Yes - what's the question? We know she's slightly bigger (but not longer or wider) than QV and the discussion is where this extra tonnage is going - at the stern, like Eurodam, or up front on top, also like Eurodam.....?

It appears she'll be 2500 tons larger and have 39 more staterooms than the QV

The Eurodam has 32 extra staterooms on the Observation deck (the one up forward) - so if they copy that that's 32 out of the 39 accounted for......

I would have thought they would be smarter expanding the Grills Capacity.....maybe try a 'Britannia Club'.....rather than just simply piling more in......

The Eurodam has 32 extra staterooms on the Observation deck (the one up forward) - so if they copy that that's 32 out of the 39 accounted for......

I would have thought they would be smarter expanding the Grills Capacity.....maybe try a 'Britannia Club'.....rather than just simply piling more in......

Here's how they're adding 34 cabins to the stern of Arcadia by inserting the new cabin block and retaining the existing suites:

http://www.jamescusick.co.uk/

I agree about adding capacity to the Grills on Queen Elizabeth. It might make economic sense as that is where the profit is made but I hope they don't. Yes, perhaps a 'Britannia Club' instead.

K.

Well, let's just hope that Cunard do a better job with the forward end of that deck than HAL did with theirs...

...tho in my opinion, Cunard would be better served to place the additional staterooms where the QV spa is now so that they can have big forward-facing balconies and some Panorama Suites on the corners w/ wraparound windows - and move both the Spa and the Commodore Club up one deck each.

I have recently sailed both the Queen Victoria and the Eurodam. It is hard to believe they share any DNA at all. Cunard did so much better with the same basic hull that there is very little resemblence inside.

QV is an order of magnitude better than the Eurodam, and the Eurodam is very nice.

Cheers

Mark