"Hot Hot Hot" Song in Dining Room?

yuccaman

I didn't think I would ever say this, but I think We've outgrown the singing waiters. We did the Total Choice Dining on the Liberty a few weeks ago and we didn't even think about the singing waiters one night. It was actually refreshing not to have to listen to "Iiiit's SHOWTIME!!" during dessert....

It was SO pleasant on our (just off yesterday) Celebrity Constellation sailing. There was no singing or dancing in the dining room...

I'm sure we will once again get to "enjoy" the festivities in February - though we usually tell our waiter that we prefer to have our meal completed before the event (we skip dessert, so that helps too)!!!

Tom

I didn't think I would ever say this, but I think We've outgrown the singing waiters. quote]

Same here.... completely over it.

The only time I really enjoy is when they do the conga line and get everyone else involved - THAT is fun!

Catrin

Heard it on the Holiday 4 day in October. I don't hate it but I'm not lovin' the singing much anymore...lol.:p

I absolutely hate the singing. I think it ruins the dining room experience and cheapens it. Makes it so tacky. I cringe when they do it and really wish they didn't.

It was SO pleasant on our (just off yesterday) Celebrity Constellation sailing. There was no singing or dancing in the dining room...

I'm sure we will once again get to "enjoy" the festivities in February - though we usually tell our waiter that we prefer to have our meal completed before the event (we skip dessert, so that helps too)!!!

Tom

LOL!!! Very much agree.

I didn't think I would ever say this, but I think We've outgrown the singing waiters. quote]

Same here.... completely over it.

The only time I really enjoy is when they do the conga line and get everyone else involved - THAT is fun!

Catrin

Same here, but that is exactly the reason I asked, since "hot hot hot" would be the conga line event!

We LOVE the singing waiters, it's part of the fun at dinner time. There will be 24 of us this time and we'll all be waving our napkins!!!! 1 cent, 5 cent, 10 cent, dolla!

I was amused the first cruise or two... though after ~35 Carnival cruises, I have seen enough - though I don't want to stand in the way of those that want to enjoy it... I just want to GET OUT OF THE WAY!!! :)

Perhaps if I had A LOT more to drink before/during dinner, it might then seem like "fun" !!!

Tom

• 4 weeks later...

I sure did not miss it on my Princess cruise a few weeks ago. No towel animals either. +2 for Princess vs Carnival.

I'm sure I'll have a great cruise in two months on the Miracle (as long as the propulsion hold out! :D) but I could do without the singing waiters.

I absolutely hate the singing. I think it ruins the dining room experience and cheapens it. Makes it so tacky. I cringe when they do it and really wish they didn't.

Agree. That and the "colors" rah rah rahing.

I'm almost embarrassed for the waiters . . . Up on the food stands dancing like a bunch of trained monkeys . . . FIVE STAR dining experience ? ? ? ? ? ? :confused:

Or high school pep rally ? ? ? ? ? :rolleyes:

Can anyone tell me if Carnival still does the "Hot Hot Hot" song in the dining room? I didn't see it on my last cruise, but that was a 4-day, and not a 7.

Just came off the Triumph on their Dec 14th sailing. No Hot, Hot, Hot at all (thankfully)....and, the waiters only danced 2 nights...and only one song....it was refreshing and great.

Archived