Breaking news on fuel supplement policy?

bunny1954

this could be great news for me.....

we (my fiance and I) are leaving in january for our cruise wedding... almost 40 people coming.... we paid for about 25 ppl. thats going to help us out tremendously...(maybe a second cocktail hour abourd the ship after our reception in nassau!) fingers crossed we get it! if not..... we assumed it would be spent when we booked it, so if we dont get it no big deal..( but i do really want it!:D;):D

I am also on a 12/13 sailing and very upset about this latest news. Has anyone else tried contacting carnival about this? If so, what was their response?

We're on a 12/6 and 12/11 sailing and I called Carnival and spoke to a PVP. NO credit if your cruise is before 12/17.

The formula was ridiculous in my mind and if they announced it today, it should be effective today!

As someone who is sailing on Carnival (for the first time) on December 15th, I have to admit that I am very disappointed that I will not be getting credited for the fuel supplement. I think that with gas prices being as low as they have been the last 60 days they should have given us back something. This hasn't made a good first impression with me. Hope the cruise changes my opinion of Carnival. (Putting on my flame retardant suit now :p)

I don't know where in NC you are, but less than two months ago we were paying $4.19 a gallon for gas with no relief in sight.

I know it's unpleasant for you to miss out on the refund by 2 days and I hope that the cruise more than makes up for it.

I don't know where in NC you are, but less than two months ago we were paying $4.19 a gallon for gas with no relief in sight.

I know it's unpleasant for you to miss out on the refund by 2 days and I hope that the cruise more than makes up for it.

On Oct 6th, two months ago, the national average was $3.48. Prices were coming down, but not anywhere near where they are now. Just an fyi.

On Oct 6th, two months ago, the national average was $3.48. Prices were coming down, but not anywhere near where they are now. Just an fyi.

National average doesn't mean anything in NC. We always pay more than other states (I recently found out that NC pays some of the highest taxes in the country). Lowest I've found it around here this week is $1.79, but 10 days ago we were over $2.00. I live less than 5 minutes from the beach so I guess they think that the tourist will pay whatever they charge.

THIS IS TO ANYONE WHOM TALKED TO CARNIVAL TODAY : Did the pvp say WHEN they will credit the surcharge OFF the Amount Due ? Thanks for your time..:)

Mine told me they were going in some sort of order (did not specify) and that it should only take a few days.

Glad to hear other people have the same feelings, yes I want to go on my cruise and enjoy myself, but my $142 in an OBC would have been very nice, and easily spent on board. Of course we would probably get flamed for starting the bummed out thread. It makes you not want to spend any money on board.

I agree, I'll cut what I spend on board also. They could have credited half the surcharge back for the cruises before Dec 17th. I'll still have fun but no spa, photos, or gifts from the ship. I'll spend more at the ports.

I'm sorry to the rest of you who do not qualify.....

Supper Club here we come!

Thank you. I'm glad someone here has some sympathy for us. Some on this board feel we are acting like kids because we voice our feelings on the matter.

My TA is gone for the day. I booked my cruise back in March 2008, did the fuel charge exist back then? Her invoices do not break it down like that.

Yes, it started in November 2007 and was $5 PP/day for the first two passengers in a cabin. Sometime later it changed to $7 PP/day and then finally to $9 PP/day, and they began charging a smaller amount for the 3d & 4h passengers in a cabin. I'm not sure when those changes took place but if you booked in March 2008 you were charged a fuel surcharge. Your TA should break it out for you.

I also contacted Carnival and was told there would be no onboard credit for cruises departing before the 17th. Mine is December 7th. Anyone else feel bummed about this when you were so excited about the cruise. Just gives you a little down feeling. I know, I am still going on a cruise this weekend and will not be a work, but it is a bummer to scroll through all the excited posts of people who are getting the refund and spending it over and over in their brain and no you just missed it. Maybe we need our own thread??? We don't have enought fuel surcharge threads yet

We cruised on 10/26/08 and received a $10 OBC for fuel. We just got back from a 11/29/08 cruise and we received a $20 OBC credit for fuel. That was for 2 people in the cabin.

We cruised on 10/26/08 and received a $10 OBC for fuel. We just got back from a 11/29/08 cruise and we received a $20 OBC credit for fuel. That was for 2 people in the cabin.

I forgot to add that these were refundable credits which meant, if we didn't spend it, we would get it back at the end of the cruise.

National average doesn't mean anything in NC. We always pay more than other states (I recently found out that NC pays some of the highest taxes in the country). Lowest I've found it around here this week is $1.79, but 10 days ago we were over $2.00. I live less than 5 minutes from the beach so I guess they think that the tourist will pay whatever they charge.

I wish it were $1.79. Here in NY it's still above $2.00 a gallon! :mad:

Yes, it started in November 2007 and was $5 PP/day for the first two passengers in a cabin. Sometime later it changed to $7 PP/day and then finally to $9 PP/day, and they began charging a smaller amount for the 3d & 4h passengers in a cabin. I'm not sure when those changes took place but if you booked in March 2008 you were charged a fuel surcharge. Your TA should break it out for you.

YES thank you, I think I only paid for 1st and second and it was either $5 or $7. Thanks

I just called my TA and I paid $5 for 1st and 2nd and my kids did not pay. If booked in the past few months it would have been $9 for 1st and 2nd and $4 for each of my kids. Big difference!

Carnival has the right to add in the FC again if fuel rises. I called Carnival and they said I would be protected with the original FC that I paid which was a total of $80 for 8 nights for 4 people. Good to know!

I talked to my PVP and he mentioned that I should have the OBC when I get on the ship. Is everyone hearing the same??? What are the chances it will be there? or am I going to have to go down to the pursars desk and ask about it??

Archived