? about internet package

oceanlov1

For all Internet use there's a set-up fee of $3.95. In addition to that you also pay by the minute. There are three ways to arrange that:

You can pay a per minute charge of $0.75.

You can purchase a 100 minute plan for $55.00.

You can purchase a 250 minute plan for $100.

If you purchase a plan on the first day you will receive either 10, or 20 bonus minutes, depending on which plan you purchase. On the E-dam there were also bonus minutes for purchasing additional plans.

The price is the same if you use HAL computers, or your own laptop.

The advantage of a laptop is that you can do some activity off-line, and only connect to receive or send. The disadvantage is that you have to schlepp your laptop.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm assuming there is a safe in the room....is it large enough to hold a laptop?

Every cabin on every ship has a safe. The only ones that would hold a laptop (and probably not a large laptop) is the E-dam.

Laptops can be stored in the lock drawer in the nightstand---at least on the S- and R-class ships. Those nightstands are wider than the ones on the Vistas and the E-dam.

Thanks, RuthC. I'm assuming there is a safe in the room....is it large enough to hold a laptop?
On the Eurodam the safes will hold an average laptop, but on all other ships the only lockable place that will hold one is the nightstand top drawer. I never lock up mine unless I receive a notice that there will be work done on the verandah that day.

Archived