1. 1. How old are celebrity cruisers?

• Under 20
    • 20-30
    • 31-40
    • 41-50
    • 51-60
    • 61-70
    • Over 70

Dh was 26, and I was 25 on our 1st Celebrity cruise. We really wanted to avoid the college party crowds, and atmosphere. For that reason we chose Celebrity Summit for our 5yr wedding anniversary. We have chosen The Summit again 3/21/05-4/01/05 Western Caribbean sailing. We really did enjoy our last sailing with them.

Kerri
:)from Cape Cod:)

Summit 4/16/04-4/26/04
Barbados
St Kitts
St Thomas
St Martin
St John USVI
St Lucia

Summit 3/21/05-4/1/05
Key West
Cozumel
Aruba
Grand Cayman
Panama
Costa Rica

The numbers in the poll reflect the age of Celebrity cruise passengers who are also cruisecritic posters. Therefore the 2% under 20 does not reflect all the kids on board nor the twenty-somethings that have better to do than to be posting here with us old fogies.

My husband (39) and I (31) cruise with his son (13) and find that we tend to be one of the younger 30% on board, but find that not to be the relevant part. Most of the folks who are 45+, 50+, 60+ tend to be very active (as my husband finds out every trip when he goes to play basketball or table tennis (not to mention that every cruise has a huge group of firemen who absolutely dominate the table tennis tournament...so actually the average passenger according to my husband is a firefighter who practices table tennis in an attempt to end China's domination of the sport at the Olympic's next go round.)

Alaska on Infinity in 5/05 will be my DH and my first Celebrity cruise (his first ever, my second). We are 28. We are travelling with our friends who are 25 and 27. I was a little worried when I first started reading this thread, but I have to admit, age really does not matter. It's a vacation! We will be happy to sit, relax, and maybe hear some good stories from other people we meet (the older they are, the more likely they will have interesting stories!)

Mary, with that kind of positive attitude you are sure to have a good time.

Hubby-san and I took Princess to Alaska in September of 1996. At the time he was 23 and I was 31. Except for a pair of honeymooners from Tennessee who were seated with us, we were BY FAR the youngest people on the cruise. I had a great time but I think it traumatized him -- he has shown absolutely no interest in cruising since then, so I scratch my cruising itch by either going alone or taking my mom.

I'm trying to get him to do a short Pacific Northwest cruise on Celebrity in late September in honor of our 10th wedding anniversary, though. We'll see how that works out. He seems open to the idea since it is only going to be for five nights. Maybe he'll like it more now that his life has changed so much...he's 32 now and travels constantly on business, he might like chilling out on the boat and being taken care of more than he did 9 years ago.

The statistics show the median age for Celebrity is mid 50s, but we have seen people in every age group on the ships. I think most lines now attract varies ages. Maybe HAL is still for the 70 plus group and Carnival the 30 and under (again I am generalizing) but people choose a ship for reasons other than the age balance. NCL probably has the biggest mixture of ages. NMnita

We were on The Veendam 7 weeks ago and I'm sure the average age was 70+, on the Zenith Jan 30 sailing the age was about ten years younger.

Both were enjoyable.... but as you get older your eyes also get more wrinkles so that you don't really notice the age of others as much as the experience at sea.

[quote name='C 2 C']We were on The Veendam 7 weeks ago and I'm sure the average age was 70+, on the Zenith Jan 30 sailing the age was about ten years younger.

Both were enjoyable.... but as you get older your eyes also get more wrinkles so that you don't really notice the age of others as much as the experience at sea.[/QUOTE]
That will be perfect for us on our Nov. 26, 2005 cruise. I was thinking I might be the oldest.

We were sitting around I had a couple of weeks off work and we just had a baby 3 weeks old, so we decided to take a cruise on century jan 2 we took our 4 year old and the baby, call us crazy but my wife loved it, better than staying at home and have to cook, she was waited on hand and foot the staff was great, Allen said that was the youngest pasager on the ship yet!!!

[quote name='Leela']Mary, with that kind of positive attitude you are sure to have a good time.

Hubby-san and I took Princess to Alaska in September of 1996. At the time he was 23 and I was 31. Except for a pair of honeymooners from Tennessee who were seated with us, we were BY FAR the youngest people on the cruise. I had a great time but I think it traumatized him -- he has shown absolutely no interest in cruising since then, so I scratch my cruising itch by either going alone or taking my mom.

I'm trying to get him to do a short Pacific Northwest cruise on Celebrity in late September in honor of our 10th wedding anniversary, though. We'll see how that works out. He seems open to the idea since it is only going to be for five nights. Maybe he'll like it more now that his life has changed so much...he's 32 now and travels constantly on business, he might like chilling out on the boat and being taken care of more than he did 9 years ago.[/QUOTE]

your post made me laugh. We did alaska in sept once also. It was on celebrity, and thank goodness my DH knew better, because on that paticular cruise the average age was 70 to 80! It was great though, we had a ball. Differant destinations at certain times of year, do bring on differant age groups. We had more fun with the crew on that cruise. They were looking for some lively people! Makes me laugh when I think about it:D

[quote name='newmexicoNita']The statistics show the median age for Celebrity is mid 50s, but we have seen people in every age group on the ships. I think most lines now attract varies ages. Maybe HAL is still for the 70 plus group and Carnival the 30 and under (again I am generalizing) but people choose a ship for reasons other than the age balance. NCL probably has the biggest mixture of ages. NMnita[/QUOTE] The results of this poll look about the same as the poll on the HAL board. This a.m. it was about 70% 55 and under. HAL and X have the same age range.

This awful, and I apologize ahead of time to C2C who wrote:

>>>>We were on The Veendam 7 weeks ago and I'm sure the average age was 70+, on the Zenith Jan 30 sailing the age was about ten years younger.

Both were enjoyable.... but as you get older your eyes also get more wrinkles so that you don't really notice the age of others as much as the experience at sea.>>>>

Now I am a lot older, and my eyes do wrinkle up, so I read that last line as
<<<<<you don't really notice the age of others as much as the experience at SEX.>>>>>>

So I had to wonder what my old eyes had been missing, being so wrinkled up.

I will be 80 when I take my next Celebrity cruise (Galaxy from Rome to Texas in October) I am leaving next month for South America on HAL.

And I have been using a computer for almost 30 years, longer, I am sure, than a lot of you youngun's and most of my friends also use computers. It is great for us oldies, and we have lots of time to surf around, chat with each other, etc.

love
'joan

I didn't vote in the poll, because DH and I fall into two age ranges there, so didn't know which to choose.

ME, solidly in the 51-60 range, and DH having moved into the 70+ group.
Does this mean the two of us should be choosing two different cruise lines??? ;)

With our first X cruise being only a little over a month away, we are anxious to try RCL's "other" line.

Archived