Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LAFFNVEGAS

LIVE From The Eurodam 2WK Holiday Cruise ...Brought To You By LAFFNVEGAS

Greetings from Las Vegas McCarren International Airport.

We are on our way and about to board our 6 AM Delta flight to Atlanta, then on to FLL

Amazingly the ride to the airport was not the usual Mr Toads WILD Ride I guess our son is maturing:D

I am looking forward to giving you my versions, and impression of the new Eurodam.

I will attemtp to check back in once we arrive in Atlanta.

Hope your flights are good. At least most of the bad weather has moved out of the south and is now up north.

Lisa, have a safe flight and enjoy Florida and your cruise:) Glad you are getting to do a back to back and happy you're doing a "Live from" report:)

I'm so excited for you, Lisa! You're going to love every minute of it - and I can't wait to read more!

Just beware: once you've done 14 days, it's hard to do less - but with any luck, your new job will allow for that. :)

BON VOYAGE Lisa and Tom. Have a safe flight and a wonderful cruise. I will be thinking of you with a ton of envy:D.

Enjoy your Christmas aboard ship and don't forget the Christmas Eve performance by the officers and crew - it's a lot of fun and a great way to get the Christmas festivities started.

Valerie:)

Lisa, I'm looking forward to your Live Reports, and have a super time! You'll love doing 14 days!!

BTW, did you get your HAL Visa card before leaving home? We're still waiting for ours and I think we signed up the same day you did. I know you wanted to get yours before this cruise. :)

Greetings from Las Vegas McCarren International Airport.

We are on our way and about to board our 6 AM Delta flight to Atlanta, then on to FLL

Amazingly the ride to the airport was not the usual Mr Toads WILD Ride I guess our son is maturing:D

I am looking forward to giving you my versions, and impression of the new Eurodam.

I will attemtp to check back in once we arrive in Atlanta.

We won't be far behind you! Our flight leaves ATL at 7PM tonight. We're all packed and ready to go. Just drop off the puppy dawgs and head to the airport. We'll be on the Eurodam tomorrow!!

Lisa and Tom have a great cruise!!!! Wish we were going with you.

Really looking forward to your live posts from the Eurodam. That will keep me busy until Christmas......when will I finish my Christmas shopping :eek:

Maybe I can shop on line between posts:D

What a way to get "up" in the morning. Have a great cruise. Maybe Santa will bring me a cruise for Christmas. Actually, a new job would be better. I can then start cruising again as I did in the past. Enjoy these precious moments and soak up some sun. I will cruise along with you and dream.

Greetings from Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson Airport :)

Well we might have left Las Vegas 5 minutes late but we arrived in Atlanta 35 minutes early, let me tell you that was some strong tail winds :D Actually this was our first time to take Delta and I was actually impressed. There was a lot more room between the seats in our 767 than AA, UAL and SW. Not that Tom and I need leg room but it is nice to not have that seat in front of you so darn close. It was a very smooth flight and went far faster than I expected. We have been here over a hour now and already had lunch which was more like breakfast to us. Our next flight leaves at 3:55 so have about and hour or so more time to kill.

I have bets we go to bed early tonight, my eyes are burnng for lack of sleep or it could be all the smoke from those smoking here in the Atlanta airport, or both. It seems all the restuarants and food courts allow smoking or they do not care and or people are just lighting up. It is a drastic difference from the no smoking in Las Vegas.

I really am looking forward to doing this LIVE report it has been a few cruises since I have done this and for those that have not read my Live threads in the past they are sort of a cross between blogging and my personal diary ;) Tom and I are not big adventure cruisers,meaning we hardly ever do much for excursions, we go to be on the ship and the ports are just secendary. We booked the 2nd week not even realizing that it was a different itinerary but were thrilled it was different.

I have to admit we are really looking forward to walking over that gangway tomorrow to see the Eurodam that I have read and heard so much about. I am one that believes that each ships as an auroa and or feel. Some people can walk on a ships and feel that good feeling and others not. I am anxious to see and how the Eurodam feels to us.

The two week Live will give those a feel the first week of being in an SA suite and the 2nd in an OV. We originally booked this first week almost a year ago when we switched because our original booking was to be in October and it was chartered so we switched to sail on her for December 13th. It was only a week late in the afternoon that we had the sudden crazy idea to add on Christmas week. HAL was wonderful in helping us make it a B2B. The sailing was closed for any bookings but they were able to place us in a HH Guarantee and by Tuesday DHL had arrived with our documents. Yesterday afternoon the upgrade fairy sprinkled her dust and moved us from an Obstructed View to a Full Ocean View category D on Main Deck. So I can report on service and ammenities from more than one level :) Unless the upgrade fairy finds more Holiday Dust to spread ;)

Well, it seems out arrival into FLL at 5:35 will not be delayed, they just annouced that the plane coming in to take us to FLL has been delayed....they unfortunately did not say how long :eek:

We are staying this evening at the Embassy Suites so I will report in later tonight to let you know our take on that hotel.

Signing off from the Atlanta Hartfield-Jackson airport.

Great upgrade. The full view vs. the obstructed one will make it much nicer for you. Now if you could only get one more upgrade and have a balcony, that would be the best xmas gift one could get.

Lisa,

I hop you and Tom have clear skies and smooth seas as you are enjoying the Eurodam.

Love how you are doing a live from. It will feel as I was there with you :D

Lisa, I'm so happy for you that your Eurodam cruise is finally here. Watch out for that step in the Lido. :eek:

Have a great cruise! Wish I was there with you (although i would have been off contract by now anyway). I can't wait to hear what you think. Be sure to say "Hi" to the cast and also Justin Miller for me. Be sure to go to Deck 5 Forward to look down on Deck 4 Bow, this is where I always hung out when drinking in the Officer's Bar. Great views as you sail toward the horizon. My other favorite place was the deck ABOVE the Tamarind. Great for panoramic views.

ENJOY!!!!

Lisa,

Can you find out if the Retreat Cabanas are indeed booked for next week's sailing (December 20th)? Hope you are having a wonderful B2B!!! See you next week.

~Rosemary

Have a great cruise, Lisa. Thanks for checking in. I'm quite interested in how the E-dam strikes you, what you like, don't like. All that!

Looking forward to all your posts (as usual). ;)

Lisa,

I am also looking forward to your view of the Eurodam. I also believe that each ship has it's own "vibe" if you will and look forward to your take on HAL's newest ship. Enjoy your B2B Holiday cruise....sounds great to me:D

Hugs,

Wendy

Well Lisa my best mate, only you could bring me back here. No wonder you had trouble answering me on facebook and all this writing over here on the boards :-) Me, Ruffles and Joey are sure gonna miss you :-)

Bon Voyage and have a great time you two.

Love from Val

Good Evening from Ft Lauderdale :) All in all it has been a good day. Everything went perfect with the flights, our luggage was off the plane before we were. We grabbed a taxi to the Embassy Suite at 1100 SE 17th but I am not sure we were not over charged. His meter was not working :rolleyes: and he said it was $20. We get out of the taxi and who should call out our names Becky aka purplenorway and her parents Cindy and Jim :) Wow nothing like a welcoming committee :D They were waiting to eat at Outback and had walked over to our hotel, they are staying at Hyatt Place. After chatting briefly they took off and we went in and checked in. I then spoke with the Concierge about setting up their service to the pier tomorrow morning. They leave every 30 minutes starting at 9:30. We chose 10:30. Now if I remember correctly but I could be wrong KK said the cost was $7.00 per person well tonight they told us it was $8.00 PP they said we could take a taxi but their service was better, faster and cheaper because taxis have to wait in a long line to get into Port Everglades. Now I do not know if this was just a line just to sell their service. But we made the reservation then headed upstairs to drop off our luggage.

The hotel on first impression looks nice but after really looking at it, it looks old and worned out. Our room has definitely seen better days. The lighting is very dim, the furniture looks very old and dated espcially the curtains and when we saw the bedding :eek: The sheets are so very thin you can see right through it. I am serious. This is truly one of the most pathetic hotels I have ever stayed at especailly for the price. They even charge for the Wi-Fi. We went back down to the concierge because I wanted directions to Total Wine, a recommendation for an easy casual dinner and to possibly find a nail place because of all things I could do I broke a nail trying to get my lap top from under the seat in front of us on the plane on our last flight. I first asked the concierge about places to dine and she wanted to send me to several places that I am sure she gets a kick back from, then I asked her about where Total Wine was and it was almost as if she did not want to tell us. Then I said well isn't there a places to eat in that center she claims no only a Publix store and Total Wine. Then I asked about a nail place to fix my broken nail and she claimed the only salon would not open till 10 tomorrow. OK so we take off and figure we would walk over to Total Wine, I knew from reading CC that there was a place called Gators in this center and possibly other places. To our surprise there were things over there and this Concierge almost did not want us there. Well we bought 4 bottles of bubbly and at very good price, then we saw a big bottle of Henkell like they serve on the ship in the mini bar. We had never seen it any where else except the ship. So of course we had to buy a bottle and it was actually a good price at $11.47 So we then decide to walk down to Gators and check it out and what should we see along the way but just what I wanted one of those little Asian Nail places that was open till 8 and fixed my broken nail for $3.00. It took a whole 5 minutes to fix and we then walked over to Gators. A descent band was playing, Santa was walking around and we actually had a great sea food dinner with some pretty tasty Mojitos. So all worked out well but I actually question the advice from this Concierge.

Well, CCers it has been a very long day but I can go to bed with a big smile knowing that tomorrow we get to walk across the gangway of a Dam Ship:D

Signing off from the 6th floor of the Embassy Suite in Ft Lauderdale.

Well Lisa my best mate, only you could bring me back here. No wonder you had trouble answering me on facebook and all this writing over here on the boards :-) Me, Ruffles and Joey are sure gonna miss you :-)

Bon Voyage and have a great time you two.

Love from Val

Oh Val I gonna miss you too :) Sorry I was getting some of your messages, but then suddenly they were boarding our plane when we were in Atlanta and I had to pack up and go. Yes take good care of Ruffles and Joey too bad you can't hop over to the house and help Andy take care of the real Ruffles and Joey ;)