SAS Transportation from FLL to POM

gkrnjlr

I posted this on the East Coast Departures board but this board is a lot busier than that one so I am hoping that I will be allowed to post it here without it being deleted....

Has anyone used this company?

www.ridesas.com

I got a quote from them to get from FLL to POM for only $30 per person - round trip!

NCL's transfers are $50 per person round trip.

Are they reliable? Or is it not worth the savings?

Thanks!

I posted this on the East Coast Departures board but this board is a lot busier than that one so I am hoping that I will be allowed to post it here without it being deleted....

www.ridesas.com

I got a quote from them to get from FLL to POM for only $30 per person - round trip!

Thanks!

We are using them in Janurary. Heard good things about them.

They quickly reply to your emails.

Keep in mind, that you have to have three or more to qualify for the $15PP each way. Right now, one of our legs just has my wife and I on it. We are paying $45 for the both of us from Fort L airport to the Miami cruise port.

But still a good deal.

Uhoh....I have an email from them telling me that the charge would be $15pp for just the two of us. Maybe I should clarify again.

It is a good deal. I just hope that we find someone that's used them before and can give input. I'd hate to find out that we'd be in some vehicle that would break down on the side of the road and then we'd miss our sailing! Not likely, I know - but......

Uhoh....I have an email from them telling me that the charge would be $15pp for just the two of us. Maybe I should clarify again.

It is a good deal. I just hope that we find someone that's used them before and can give input. I'd hate to find out that we'd be in some vehicle that would break down on the side of the road and then we'd miss our sailing! Not likely, I know - but......

That's why we always go a day early!

Excellent news!

How does it work when you get off the ship at the end of your cruise? Are they already there waiting for you or do you have to call them?

Thank you!

You set them up by email ahead of time. (Steve will give you all your instructions.) Then you call them when you get into port with a pick up time. At most, you'll wait 15 minutes.

• 3 weeks later...

SAS Transportation never showed up yesterday to pick us up at the port. We made a reservation with them two weeks in advance and made the appropriate calls Steve, from SAS Transportation requested during disembarkation and they were a no show with no explanation. I hope this service works for you as they left us holding our hats. You better have a plan "B".

Had you paid in advance? What was his agreement for once you got off the ship when returning back to MIA?

How did you get back to MIA after scrambling? A taxi? I can only imagine how expensive that is!

Thanks for reporting back.

We did not pay in advance. Steve wanted cash on pickup. Our group reserved SAS Transportation to pick us up at the Port in Fort Lauderdale and take us to a hotel in Hollywood Beach for the day and then again pick us up at the hotel at 5 PM and take us to FLL. Our agreement was two calls in the morning of pick up. One initial call when we started disembarking procedures and then another call after we picked up our luggage and went through customs. He said he would be ready and we would not have to wait long because he lives only 4 miles from the port.

We waited over an hour in the parking lot hoping SAS Transportation would return our calls. I called three times and left messages on the answering machine all three times that morning always leaving my cell phone number. He still has not returned my calls. I wish he was professional enough to say "sorry, we screwed up". We never saw any car or van marked SAS Transportation. There were plenty of others company represented.

After waiting we decided to take a taxi to the hotel. There was five of us with seven pieces of luggage. We caught a taxi van. He wanted to change us $65 but we ended up paying $45. The conceige at the Ramada Hotel in Hollywood arranged for transportation to the airport later that day.

Have you tried writing a letter (via snail mail) and sending it to him? I'm really curious as to what his response is. I hate the idea of having to have a back up plan, but I may want to consider this.

Does anyone know if there are shuttle vans outside the Port of Miami that will take us to FLL? If so, what is the cost to go directly from POM to FLL? It may be more cost efficient to pay for the transfer from the cruiseline after we get off the ship.

Thanks for filling us in.

Keep us posted.

We recently reserved SAS transportation to pick us up at our FL hotel and drive us to Port of Miami. Driver (not Steve the owner) was punctual picking us up at the hotel. We were suppose to pick up another couple at the airport before heading to Miami. The other couple never showed up after we waited 1/2 hour for them (not SAS Transportation's fault). We then proceeded to Miami -I never wanted a ride to be over so much in my life. I was nervous the entire time. It is hard to explain, just a gut feeling. I was so afraid of an accident or even just getting caught in traffic, I just wanted the ride to be over. Finally we are in Miami and heading to the port. Next thing I know the Miami police are pulling our van over. Just a random stop - but guess what? Our driver doesn't have a DRIVERS LICENSE. He shows them IDs that belong to other people. Now its getting ugly because the police are telling him that having another persons ID is a felony. We told the police we just want OUT and they stopped traffic for us so that we could get ourselves and our luggage across the street, and parking lot over to the terminal.

Steve the owner left me a voice mail later that day apologizing for the incident. I did not return his call since that was the first day of our cruise and I was trying to put the entire episode behind us. I assumed we would speak once I got home. That has not happened.

SAS has been highly recommended by many here on these boards. However, we had a much different experience.

• 4 years later...

We used SAS last year from a hotel in Fort Lauderdale to POM. Our driver was super prompt, friendly, gave helpful advice and this was the best value for our family of 6 (and all our "first cruise" luggage :D ). Plus we met several nice couples also riding to the POM and had a great laugh on the way. All in all, it was a Great start to our cruise. We will be using them again on our next cruise!

www.ridesas.com

Thanks!

Used them 2x with absolutely no issues. I would use them again in the future in similar situations.

I have used them several times, and have recommended them to family and friends, and will be using them in August. I've never had any type of issue with correspondence being addressed (Steve just emailed me at 2:00am the other morning on a request for a stop/drop off that was sent at 11:00pm the previous night), the drivers are on time, are courteous, and whether for an airport pick up, or port pick up, they are a cell phone call away and answers the phone right away for information on where to meet them, etc.

Archived