micruiser2002

Word of warning - BOS cabin 3034

I just wanted to post this as a warning to anyone thinking about booking this cabin on Brilliance. I had it during our Med cruise last month and it is one of the noisest cabins I have ever had. At first I thought it was due to the rough seas. But then about mid cruise my son and his gf were in there having a glass of wine and commented how loud the noise was and that their cabin down the hall was nothing like this. I called to complain that night and they sent up a security person and he said there is a gate next to that cabin and below it and that is what I was hearing. He even said I should ask to be moved because it was that bad. I called Guest relations while he waited and they said there was nothing they could do. I really think they either need to fix the noise issue or warn passengers before they book this room. I was ready to pull my hair out by the end of the cruise.

Not until you hear the noise from this cabin. It was a loud grinding like noise, I believe it was the gate swinging part way back and forth. I was going to suggest some wd40 to them.

Also not sure how often you sleep with ear plugs but after a few hours they kill the inside of my ears.

I feel your pain. I was in a JS (1562) on the Majesty a couple years ago. All night, there was a terrible banging noise in the overhead. Later, we learned it was the pool pump. After a while, the intrusive noise really starts to play on your nerves. And as for ear plugs, come on. If you have to wear ear plugs in your room, there is a problem.

I just wanted to post this as a warning to anyone thinking about booking this cabin on Brilliance. I had it during our Med cruise last month and it is one of the noisest cabins I have ever had. At first I thought it was due to the rough seas. But then about mid cruise my son and his gf were in there having a glass of wine and commented how loud the noise was and that their cabin down the hall was nothing like this. I called to complain that night and they sent up a security person and he said there is a gate next to that cabin and below it and that is what I was hearing. He even said I should ask to be moved because it was that bad. I called Guest relations while he waited and they said there was nothing they could do. I really think they either need to fix the noise issue or warn passengers before they book this room. I was ready to pull my hair out by the end of the cruise.

Thank you for the post. Some noises simply can not be stopped with ear plugs or even a sound machine, with which we always travel. We had a similar situation in a Grandeur JS a few years back but after several days they were able to move us. Thank goodness because it was a 13 night cruise! I'm sorry your cruise was not what it should have been.

I have to say I still enjoyed my cruise. Yes it was a little nerve racking some of the nights but it was still a wonderful trip.

I just wanted to make sure in the future others are aware. I really wish I had been told, they warn when there are obstructed views. I really hope they try to do something to either fix the problem or not put passengers in this room.

Help- we were on a guarantee and looks like we're guaranteed a few sleepless nights! Booked the cruise on friday with our TA and the cabin was allocated the same day. Are RC usually so speedy ? We usually go P and O and it takes weeks......anyway, any update on the grinding and clanging much appreciated so i know whether to stock up on earplugs and wd40!

Surely we pay enough for our cruises to not have to sleep with ear plugs to remove noises like this:(

I agree, I hate the things and they do mess up with my balance.

And thankyou for the warning.

Help- we were on a guarantee and looks like we're guaranteed a few sleepless nights! Booked the cruise on friday with our TA and the cabin was allocated the same day. Are RC usually so speedy ? We usually go P and O and it takes weeks......anyway, any update on the grinding and clanging much appreciated so i know whether to stock up on earplugs and wd40!

Call your TA and if there are cabins in the same class available she can get you switched

I have to say I still enjoyed my cruise. Yes it was a little nerve racking some of the nights but it was still a wonderful trip.

I just wanted to make sure in the future others are aware. I really wish I had been told, they warn when there are obstructed views. I really hope they try to do something to either fix the problem or not put passengers in this room.

Ther is a huge difference between an obstrcuted view cabin and a cabin with noises . With obstructed views the cruise line warns you about it and also gives you a break on the price. Some people feel that is a fair trade off. If they warned of a noisy cabin chances are no one would book it no matter what the discount on it.

The fact is this should not occur. It needs to be fixed or the cabin should not be sold. And to who ever suggested it, ear plugs are not the answer. First of all I think they are uncomfortable. Secondly, I do not like the feeling of one of my senses being cut off from my environment. I want to know that I WILL be able to awaked to certain sounds. I even have issues listening to my i-pod while on a plane. I don't like knowing that I might miss announcements because my earing is impared from the ear buds.

Edited by Ocean Boy

I was on the brilliance of the Sea Dec. 2011 for a Med. Cruise was in room 3532 and had horrible banging. It took them 6 days to transfer me to another room. I also got 525 future cruise certificate for the 6 days of noise.

Their is always other rooms available, They just have to make sure people who miss the sailing do not catch up with the cruise at another port.

The reason for the banging was the shellgate. Deck 3 used to be where you enbarked on the ship.

This is a very undesirable room.

EARPLUGS? Anyone who suggests earplugs should go work for RCI Guest Services, because that is what they offered me when the grinding noise in my ceiling on the Liberty actually buckled one of the ceiling panels. Except for the usual ship noises of moaning and groaning during rough seas there should be no noises in your stateroom that aren't fixable. Unfortuneately the guest services aren't really set up to take care of problems. I got best results consulting with my wait staff at dinner. The last thing they want is an unhappy customer. They will find out who to call to fix the problem and it won't be guest services. In fact one associate at guest services actually said to me that, "I don't take any complaints personnal because this is just a job."

Tom

Ear plugs - they work wonders.

Sorry-can not even think that earplugs are something I would have to bring on vacation after spending thousands of dollars.

Almost as bad as the thread of people saying to bring a drain plug to stop the sewer smell. If my room smells like #$%^-I'm surely not thinking drain plug!!!