Xpedition, incredible!

Kami's pal

The prices I have been quoted online and through my T/A include the excusions, wether it be low/med or high intensity. It's obviously not like a caribbean cruise where you choose form a laundry list of possibilities and then pay accordingly. What I am gathering is that there are several excursions based on physical levels and you determine which you partake in and it's all inclusive. Is that a positive assumption?

-Charles

PS Your insight is so helpful and appreciated.

The prices I have been quoted online and through my T/A include the excursions, wether it be low/med or high intensity. It's obviously not like a caribbean cruise where you choose form a laundry list of possibilities and then pay accordingly. What I am gathering is that there are several excursions based on physical levels and you determine which you partake in and it's all inclusive. Is that a positive assumption?

-Charles

PS Your insight is so helpful and appreciated.

Absolutely! If you buy the standard package, you've paid for everything except perhaps a meal while in transit, the souvenirs and one $25 airport tax that is collected before you board the plane in Quito. For some reason, Celebrity was unable to arrange to collect and turn over this tax, so in the documents is a warning to save $25US cash for that last charge.

All inclusive allows you to choose any excursion depending on your interest and energy that day. And if you are the only person choosing that excursion, you'll have a guide and zodiac driver for yourself. That actually happened to one fellow.

I'm happy that I can pass on some of the help I received when I was planning for this trip.

I am overwhelmed right now,

I am accustomed to being on cruises where every excursion is extra. On HAL I paid as much for an excursion to Tikal as the entire cruise cost, (over $500pp). As I was looking into the cruise on Xpedition, I became concerned as I saw the amount of anchorages. Many days there were two. I could not imagine what the cost of all the excursions would be. Thanks for not only your sppedy replies but, your wealth of knowledge.

Charles

I am overwhelmed right now,

I am accustomed to being on cruises where every excursion is extra. On HAL I paid as much for an excursion to Tikal as the entire cruise cost, (over $500pp). As I was looking into the cruise on Xpedition, I became concerned as I saw the amount of anchorages. Many days there were two. I could not imagine what the cost of all the excursions would be. Thanks for not only your sppedy replies but, your wealth of knowledge.

Charles

This was my first experience with an 'inclusive' cruise plan. I found it very relaxing. There was no trying to decide if I really wanted to go to this place for this amount, did I really really need the guide, or could I do it just as well by buying a guide book. To be able to relax and choose each day according to my interest and level of energy was a treat in itself.

Thanks for the kind words. I've enjoyed reviewing this cruise. It's a pleasure to be able to unreservedly recommend this product. Crystal and the whole crew of Xpedition gave designed a great experience, well worth the cost.

Your review will seriously make me consider this ship.

I think the most amazing thing about these boards is the ability impact someones descisions.

Thank you for impacting mine.

I am in the process of reseaching something special for my Partners 50th Birthday.

Because of your review, I may have found it.

Thank you,

Charles

Thank-you Kami's Pal for all of this great information. We leave on Friday and can hardly wait. One more question, if you please. What do you do about shoes for wet landings? My husband and I have beach shoes, but they are not good for hiking. Do you just carry your hiking shoes???

Thanks for your help

Jo Ellen

Beach shoes will be fine. On the wet landings I took, we just left the shoes with the life jackets or on the shore in a little pile on the beach. The naturalists tell you where to put them. I had a bandana with which I dried my feet and dusted off the sand before I put on my socks and runners. Others had brought facecloths or hand towels from their rooms. I carried my socks and runners in a simple plastic shopping bag (your purchases are packed in these neat rainbow ones from the shops there), and left the wet swim shoes in the same bag.

The traction on the swim shoes was specially welcome for one landing where the rocks were slick with wet algae. The guides know how to position you for safest, easiest landing. Be careful to put your camera inside a zip lock sandwich bag. You'll dry off, your pant legs will dry off, but if you get your camera wet, it could be an expensive mistake.

Bon voyage. I wish I was going back. 7 days was too short.

Archived