Dresses for odd shapes

LoisGriffin1

I wasn't sure how to title the thread!

I am a UK size 12 (which is about US size 10 I think) and have very large breasts for my size (34GG to be exact). Its so hard to find someone that fits my chest that is my size. If I go a few sizes up the dress fits fine around the chest but looks silly everywhere else.

I don't want to spend a fortune on getting a dress made but I would love to be able to wear dresses rather than skirts with tops.

Any tips?

Its very frustrating because I lost 40lbs a few years back and the only place I didn't lose weight was on my boobs. Now I am smaller finding clothing is so much harder.

I have a hard time finding dresses sometimes too, though I am not quite as well endowed as you are. 32 or 34 DD and about a size 8(US).

I find that halters and dresses that have straps that allow me to wear a bra are best, I also do strapless dresses. I look for something with a bit of stretch. I have a small waist and large hips so what fits in the middle often dosen't do the top or bottom.

Alterations are often a good option.

hope it helps

I have similar issues, although again I am a lot smaller in the bust than you - dress shirts for work are a particular problem!

One shop that I do like and would recommend is Bravissimo - they have a small selection of dresses, however, most are cocktail length - http://www.bravissimo.com/products/clothing/dresses-and-skirts

They are very good at getting the right fit, and do fittings over the phone.

I wasn't sure how to title the thread!

I am a UK size 12 (which is about US size 10 I think) and have very large breasts for my size (34GG to be exact). Its so hard to find someone that fits my chest that is my size. If I go a few sizes up the dress fits fine around the chest but looks silly everywhere else.

I don't want to spend a fortune on getting a dress made but I would love to be able to wear dresses rather than skirts with tops.

Any tips?

Its very frustrating because I lost 40lbs a few years back and the only place I didn't lose weight was on my boobs. Now I am smaller finding clothing is so much harder.

My breasts are not as big as your. I am 34 DD with very small waist line 26" (I run five to eight miles every other day and do 100 crunchs).

I usually buy bigger size to fit my bust then have it taken to fit my waist. These designers are favorites: Herve Leger, Tadashi, David Meister, BCBG MAXAZRIA, Diane Von Furstenberg, Nanette lepore and Velvet. Most of them use stretchy fabric which is flattering to the curves. I always wear v neck, low waist line or ruched.

Happy Crusing.

Marie

PS. These are some of the dresses for my up coming cruise. Just took them in two days ago for alteration.

Alyce-Designs-Black-Label-Dress-5173.jpg.5fdb68d97d5bc717f869084f118462aa.jpg

37320_in_l.jpg.df996dc417e340655f7d29d8d876bb08.jpg

0474101045039_ASTL_375x500.jpg.3b6c3b444203c3af12f9f841333262be.jpg

1283031213_Alyce20Signature2012234-1.jpg.dc10c17f576c5cd3baa48eeed3ce121c.jpg

SW08_E9332_F_APR_0034.jpg.f3280ffc0c9f862d9a1c681c4ef48bac.jpg

I don't have large breasts, but I'm different sizes top and bottom. I suggest separates. I have several very dressy tops that I wear with either a champagne beige crepe or black crepe skirt. This way you get the look of a dress, but you can fit both top and bottom without paying for the garment and alterations both.

Archived