Waitlist Questions...thoughts....HELP...

Bailey0930

Hello,

I'm on a waitlist for Feb 14th Sapphire. I'm not sure if anyone has been on waitlists before and how they work (new to Princess). When I booked 4 days ago, they told me I was #11 but it doesn't mean for that specific cabin, just that cruise. She told me I would be better to book a cabin to have a cabin then if the waitlist comes through we can take it. I called this morning, and got a rather cranky person who told me I was #7 now. I asked her opinion if we should take a cabin now or wait for the waitlist to clear and she told me to be prepared to take whatever cabin I booked in case the waitlist doesn't confirm, which I understand, but she was referring to that we shouldn't take a cabin and just wait. I also don't want to be out a cabin either as we booked our air...Our problem is we want a bigger cabin to fit all of us (4) otherwise we are going to have to book 2 cabins..we were thinking one penthouse and one inside so we can share the penthouse and the one person can just sleep in the inside. I have to have 3 in one cabin at least (kids) and the other is a friend..thoughts???:confused: Thanks!:)

I would not ask anyone's opinion as to whether or not the waitlist would clear, especially if you have air booked, nor would I expect someone to offer an opinion when there are hundreds/thousands of $$$ riding on it. If you do that and they offer you their opinion and you lose out, they could theoretically be held responsible. If you have booked the air I would take what cabins are available and waitlist within the booking for a larger cabin accomodating 3. That, of course, is just my opinion though. :confused:

Thank you, I was all set to do that , and I know I don't want to loose out but the cranky lady from Princess this morning was just so against the idea of booking a cabin:confused: which I thought was strange so I thought I would come here and see if anyone else has gone through this.

Thank you, I was all set to do that , and I know I don't want to loose out but the cranky lady from Princess this morning was just so against the idea of booking a cabin:confused: which I thought was strange so I thought I would come here and see if anyone else has gone through this.

If you already have your airfare booked, definitely choose whatever is available right now and then waitlist for a larger cabin. Otherwise, you may never get onboard.

Best of Luck!

Archived