Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Merion_Mom

LIVE LIVE LIVE from the MARINER with MERION MOM for 53 DAYS!!!

Here I am, finally on board the beautiful Mariner of the Seas, my home for the next 53 days, until February 19, 2009.

Our E cabin on the hump is lovely. This is my first trip on the Mariner, although I've sailed Voyager class and Freedom class before.

Luggage hasn't arrived yet, but I hardly expected it by 3!

We have already made appointments for pedicures. Alas, they have only ONE "nail person" on board, so Lizzy and I cannot have "mother-daughter pedicures", which is what we prefer. She negotiated (;)) a lower price for "just a trim" instead of a full-blown haircut.

Big crowd on board; lots of kids, of course. Not that it feels crowded - not even up in the Windjammer. The Honey Stung chicken was the best that I've had so far. Fries were light and crispy. :)

Check-in and boarding were so fast, I swear that I was out of breath from never stopping for a moment, from the instant we went through security until we were walking out onto Deck 5. It was SO nice bypassing all of the people waiting in line for the next check-in agent!

Everything was ready in our cabin: robes, booklets, D+ amenity (wine), welcome aboard/back letter, concierge lounge key, wine from my TA. The closet is nice and big for a basic balcony cabin - the lifejackets even slip into a little compartment in the closet so that they aren't taking up valuable closet real estate.

I'll try and read what you all say and ask as often as possible. The connection speed right now is the sloooooooowest I have ever experienced onboard.

According to the Cruise Compass, they are running a "special". :D Dom Perignon is 30% off! Would someone please look the price up for me, and tell me what "amazing" price that brings it down to? ;)

Welcome aboard, Cruise Critics!

Carol

Have a WONDERFUL time on that cruise. I can't wait to read all of the live updates from all of you CC's on board.

Behave yourself. :D

Alexis

Looking forward to reading all of your enjoyable experiences. You know we wish we could be there with you. We are so jealous. ;)

I can't even imagine having to pay the TIPS for 53 days..LOL

I know you will have a great time Carol...and don't forget to say "nice nightie" to anyone walking out in the hallway in one. (just a side joke from the last Monarch sailing)

Julie

Hey Carol ... see you Sunday! Thanks for *paving the way* for us. We will be looking to you to be our tour guide. Have a great week! :)

Gail

Looking forward to nights at the piano bar with you....can't wait until Sunday....see you then....:)

How lucky you are!!

Take good care of her......sailing in April from her new home yay!! :D

Have a blast and make some wonderful memories along the way ;)

Carol, Have a great trip and will see you Sunday. Can you tell us where the message board is located on the ship?

Patrick and Daryl

Just wanted to post a note to get subscribed to the thread and pass along my best wishes! Of course you understand that means I wish I was going along with you! ;)

Here's a real question for you. It seems that repo cruises are often the convenient time when the contracts are turned over for some of the staff, it will be interesting to hear your reports on whether the staff you have is old (at the end of their contracts), new (at the beginning), or a combination, perhaps some even switching during the repo.

Theron

This is the last 7 day regular cruise, before Mariner heads off for a 46 day (3 segments) cruise around the horn and to the Pacific coast. There would be kids this time of year, since they are off for the holidays. :D

Ah, that explains my confusion about the dates. That's right - 46 days is the length of the trio of trips I was remembering. And to add more days on top of that! Wow!

I was going to ask Carol if anyone was left behind for lack of a visa for Brazil, but that question is premature. I hope there is no one like that.

Carol: Judy wants to know if the duvets are the same old heavy ones or did they get new ones?

Save some liquor for the rest of us.

Okay, i just added this thread to my favorites so I can follow along. Happy New Year and have a great time.

Behave yourself. :D

Why would we want her to do that?;):p:D

Please tell us every detail...especially little things like how you packed and what your plans are for laundry...Did you hit the lottery?:D

Congratulations and have a wonderful trip!!!

:) Hi Carol - Happy to see you are onboard and keeping us informed.

Can you check your regular email address ?? - want to send you a messge. :confused:

See you on Sunday.

:cool: HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!! Be sure to leave some of the bubbly for the rest

of us ! :D:D

Check-in and boarding were so fast, I swear that I was out of breath from never stopping for a moment, from the instant we went through security until we were walking out onto Deck 5. It was SO nice bypassing all of the people waiting in line for the next check-in agent!

Oops. Make that Deck 4.

Carol, here's to a fabulous Bon Voyage! Please say hello to Angelo in the Schooner Bar from me and John. What a fabulous bartender! Oh, and don't forget to dance the night away in the Wig & Gavel with Mark B! He is the BEST!!!

See you on the "other Coast"!:D