NCL Spirit - Charges for specialty restaurants

clover_cruiser

I will be traveling onboard the NCL Sprit in February 2009 and was wondering if anyone can give me a refresher re: the extra cover charges for some of the specialty restaurants. I traveled back on the NCL Pearl in 2006 and I imagine that the restaurant charges are similar on the Spirit. Does anyone have a list of the charges?

I also know that some cruises have theme or dress-up nights throughout the duration of the cruise. Any way of getting the rundown of the schedule before we leave so that I can pack some fun stuff to participate. In the past, I have only found out on the actual cruise through their onboard newsletter.

Thanks for your help and happy cruising everyone!

CC

I will be traveling onboard the NCL Sprit in February 2009 and was wondering if anyone can give me a refresher re: the extra cover charges for some of the specialty restaurants. I traveled back on the NCL Pearl in 2006 and I imagine that the restaurant charges are similar on the Spirit. Does anyone have a list of the charges?

I also know that some cruises have theme or dress-up nights throughout the duration of the cruise. Any way of getting the rundown of the schedule before we leave so that I can pack some fun stuff to participate. In the past, I have only found out on the actual cruise through their onboard newsletter.

Thanks for your help and happy cruising everyone!

CC

this is from memory so I may be a little off:

Shoguns, $15 and you can have as much as you want of anything including entrees

Cagneys" $20 unless you order the oversized steak, lobster or surf and turn. Then it is either $25 or $30. I think $25.00

Le Bistro: $15.00, same as Cagneys' an extra charge for a few items.

Itanlian: $10.00

Tapanyaki's (spelling) $25.00

Free dining includes the 2 main dining rooms, Blue Lagoon, Beir Gardens, Raffles buffet and the outdoor grill. Plus of course room service is free unless you order something like the special cheese tray.

Nita

For menus and some pricing:

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/NCLSprit08/menus/index.htm

and for a whole lot more pictures:

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/NCLSprit08/index.htm

including Dailys

Thank you, this is wonderful...all the info I could need or want :)

Sad to see the mess left behind by Hurricane Dean in Costa Maya. Do you know if the pool facility at the port there is free? Also wondering if you happened to talk to anyone who visited Chachobben - hubby and I booked the 3-hour NCL excursion to go see the ruins.

Looking forward to seeing the Spirit. It certainly looks older than the Pearl, but I'm looking forward to discovering a different ship and not a carbon copy of the newer ships in their fleet.

Thanks again for all the info everyone.

The pool at Costa Maya is free - also it is salt water.

Very little AT the port is inexpensive - some things might be cheaper on the ship, but that is how it always was.

If you venture into the little town, you can get much better deals.

Archived