Alaska Cruise

kimchee1212

Hi, everyone.

I'm considering going to Alaska for the first time this summer! :D

I am trying to decide between Princess and Celebrity, and if I were to go to Celebrity, which itinerary/ship to go on.

I'd really appreciate some advice! Thank you!

*We'd like to go somewhere between early June- early August.

Thanks.

The first question to ask is whether you have time to do some land portion in Alaska or if you just have time for a 7-night cruise. If it's the latter, I recommend a cruise that goes roundtrip from Seattle or Vancouver. There's no need to fly to or from Anchorage if you won't have time to do some touring.

The advantage of a roundtrip from Seattle is usually cheaper airfare. Vancouver, though, is closer and you'll get to experience more of the Inside Passage with a roundtrip cruise from there. The Seattle cruises usually take a route that's west of Vancouver Island.

Then look at the itineraries and research the different ports. You'll want to have the most time in a port where the activities are what you're interested in. For instance, if you've always dreamt of a trainride ride through the Yukon, make sure your ship stops in Skagway.

Archived