Tame the frizzies

clover_cruiser

I'm sure many of can relate to this...

I have short/medium naturally wavy hair and it's layered slightly below my chin. it's at that point where it's hard to tie back and it looks kind of wild when I leave it natural (finger in electrical socket - lol). Needless to say, I reply upon my beloved hair-straightener.

Can anyone recommend a good product to use on my hair after straightening, something that will help it "deal" with the humidity and hopefully keep me from looking like a mad woman.

I really like the tresime heat straightening gel it comes in a red and black bottle. Also have you tried putting product in your hair and drying it with a diffuser or letting it air dry so it is curly. I really like the herbel eccenses curl mouse in the purple can. Also garnee nutrise curl mouse in a green can. I thought my curly hair was impossible too, but I started using that stuff and it isn't so bad now. I still like it straight better but it is nice to have an option when I don't feel like straightening, like when I want to go to the beach or the pool. Sorry I spelled all the product names wrong BTW

Also have you tried blowing out your hair instead of using a straightener? I find that I frizz less when I dry it using a round brush.

• 3 weeks later...
Paul Mitchell makes a product called Smooth Away. It comes in a white and green tube. It is about $15 and lasted 6 months, and I have REALLY long thick hair. You should give it a try.

Another Paul Mitchell product that gets rid of my fly aways is "Super Skinny Serum". One pump on damp hair, then blow dry. It smooths my hair down without making it look greasy. But the key is one pump only! I learned that the hard way.:o

Chi Nano hair dryer, if I don't let it air dry too long first it usually gets rid of the frizzies. Flat iron too if hair needs to look perfect. Must have styling product for me is Kerastase Oleo-Relax, 2 pumps gives a nice sheen and doesn't weigh my hair down.

No matter what I do on a cruise, I look like a poodle from the humidity..same thing in Maui. My hair really looks good when I go to Vegas...Dry air..and the water is really soft. On formal nights on the ship it takes me forever to have it look good for the pictures and I have to spray it down with hair spray..not very touchable..:eek:

I wear mine curly on a cruise. It's not worth the time of straightening. With the humidity there is no fighting it. The last time I wore it straight to fly down. As the day went on in FL DH laughed because you could almost watch it curling.

Mine sounds like it's cut similar to yours clover. I have mine alittle longer in the front, shorter in the back. It's great curly or straight.

Kelly

Archived