Steel Drum ( Pans) Store in Nassau

Grumpy8

Hi All !!

Was wondering if anyone has went to the Steel Drum Store in Nassau. When you get off the ship and on the Main street of town where all the shops or located. You would have to go to the left and down maybe a block or two on the left. Then in an Alley there was a sign saying Steel Drums fo sale. At the end of the alley on the left was the store. It had many Pans in the window. They were in different colors.

I went there in Oct. but it was closed. Was wondering if anyone has been there while it was open. I'm looking for a phone number or what the store hours are or a contact person.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey,

We were there the last week in July '04. Don't know the hours, we were in the store early afternoon. Looked to be a 1 woman shop, small operation. I'm sure it closes by 5 PM.

Both my younger sons are musicians and were pleased to find a unique musical souvenir of Nassau. Remember that you can bargain - I'm not much of a haggler -I got $5 off the price of the second drum, paid a total of $75 for 2 (I think they were the 8 note model). Don't be fooled by the low price of the ones in the window - they don't sound like much. If you want to make real music, it will cost you.

The cabin steward used the drums in his nightly towel sculpture. Very cute.

Hey,

We were there the last week in July '04. Don't know the hours, we were in the store early afternoon. Looked to be a 1 woman shop, small operation. I'm sure it closes by 5 PM.

Both my younger sons are musicians and were pleased to find a unique musical souvenir of Nassau. Remember that you can bargain - I'm not much of a haggler -I got $5 off the price of the second drum, paid a total of $75 for 2 (I think they were the 8 note model). Don't be fooled by the low price of the ones in the window - they don't sound like much. If you want to make real music, it will cost you.

The cabin steward used the drums in his nightly towel sculpture. Very cute.

Wow !!!

This is great info.

I was there early in the morning in Oct. So maybe it was to early.

Would your sales receipt have the name of the store and a phone# ?

I'm learning to play a Lead low C Pan.

Wow !!!

This is great info.

I was there early in the morning in Oct. So maybe it was to early.

Would your sales receipt have the name of the store and a phone# ?

I'm learning to play a Lead low C Pan.

I'm not too organized with receipts but I'll look when I get back home this weekend. IIRC, she took a manual impression of my credit card so it may well have store information.

My boys were playing the Mario Bros game music by that evening. Pretty amusing.

I'm not too organized with receipts but I'll look when I get back home this weekend. IIRC, she took a manual impression of my credit card so it may well have store information.

My boys were playing the Mario Bros game music by that evening. Pretty amusing.

Is IIRC the sales person name ?

Were the boys playing on a Mini Pan I assume ? When you say eight notes.

I assume we are talking about the same store which is located down an alley?

Is IIRC the sales person name ?

Were the boys playing on a Mini Pan I assume ? When you say eight notes.

I assume we are talking about the same store which is located down an alley?

IIRC = If I Recall Correctly

8 notes = mini pan. Around 10-12" diameter

Directions: Exit cruise docks. Turn left on Bay street (do not cross to other side). Proceed past multiple stores. Turn left down alley. Shop is on the left.

IIRC = If I Recall Correctly

8 notes = mini pan. Around 10-12" diameter

Directions: Exit cruise docks. Turn left on Bay street (do not cross to other side). Proceed past multiple stores. Turn left down alley. Shop is on the left.

You never know names these days. I thought it might of been one

Real cool that The Boys are playing.

It's been a struggle for me not having anyone in my area that plays the Pan.

But Rome was not built in a day so I will keep at it. I have a lot of notes to learn on the full size versions.

Thank you Thank you !!!!

That is the place !!!!

The credit card receipt contains the following address:

Calypso Creations

P.O. Box N-4765

Nassau, BS

Thanks go to Mrs BamaVol, who saves and organizes the receipts. :cool:

The shopkeeper included a half dozen photocopied pages of sheet music. There may have been books available in the store. Sorry, no phone number, but I will be back in Nassau Jan 29.

The credit card receipt contains the following address:

Calypso Creations

P.O. Box N-4765

Nassau, BS

Thanks go to Mrs BamaVol, who saves and organizes the receipts. :cool:

The shopkeeper included a half dozen photocopied pages of sheet music. There may have been books available in the store. Sorry, no phone number, but I will be back in Nassau Jan 29.

Thank you so much to the Mrs.

I see you will be in Nassau the week before me. I should be there Feb 2&3 on RCCL.

Enjoy your Holiday !!!

• 2 weeks later...

We were just in Nassau and looked for the store. People kept sending us to the right of the dock and through the 2nd Arcade. However, it was the day after Christmas and a lot of things were closed....including that store....very disappointed since my son loves to play music and his heart was set on playing and buying a drum. Everything we found in other stores (what few were open) were souviners and we ended up buying nothing!

Archived