Miami hotel with car parking for cruisers

Ten of us will be cruising next Feb and will be driving to port of Miami. Does anyone know of a hotel that will let you park your car in their lot while you are cruising if you spend a night there pre cruise? Fee? How far from pier?

I'm pretty sure that almost all downtown Miami and Miami Beach hotels charge for parking including registered guests. Parking is usually off-site and by valet. I've never heard of them providing courtesy parking for cruisers. Maybe in the outskirts of town where land is not so valuable and you find more typical [I]Motels[/I]. The piers are a 10 minute drive from downtown hotels. Five if the traffic is unusually light. You can get Hyatt, Sheraton, Double Tree hotels on Priceline for as little as $27, usually about $40 in downtown.
Bid downtown and three star. Parking at pier for the cruise duration is $10 per day.

I would park at the pier, as the deck is right across the street from the terminal. In Feb. 2003, we drove to Miami, parked the car, rolled our luggage across the street, handed it over to the porters and boarded. When everyone else was jockeying for cabs or buses after disembarking, we rolled our luggage across the street, loaded the car, paid our $110 and were on our way. Also, it avoids the extra cost of a cab from the hotel to the pier.

Karen

Read my [url="http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=927093444&f=408097554&m=6873085377"]2/6/04 Brilliance review[/url]

Infinity in... [img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;12;5;21;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]

Brilliance 6/05
Infinity 12/04
Brilliance 2/04
Adventure 11/03
Brilliance 2/03
Grand Princess 3/02
Dawn Princess 11/01
Ocean Princess 5/00

Several of the airport-area hotels such as Amerisuites and similar offer free parking.

<font face="Imprint MT Shadow" size="5" color="#FFCC00">[i]Amber[/i]</font>
<font size="4" face="Berlin Sans FB">Cruise Resource
BiddingFun and BiddingHELP</font>

Archived