Luckysll

**OFFICIAL** Island Hoppers ~ Vancouver to Hawaii ~Sept 14, 2010

Aloha everyone.

Join the Island Hoppers for a 12 day cruise from the beautiful port city of Vancouver to;

Tuesday, Sep 14 Vancouver, BC, Canada 5pm

Wednesday, Sep 15 Fun Day At Sea

Thursday, Sep 16 Fun Day At Sea

Friday, Sep 17 Fun Day At Sea

Saturday, Sep 18 Fun Day At Sea

Sunday, Sep 19 Fun Day At Sea

Monday, Sep 20 Kona, HI 8:00am 6:00pm

Tuesday, Sep 21 Kauai (Nawiliwili),HI 8:00am 5:00

Wednesday, Sep 22 Hilo, HI 9:00am 6:00pm

Thursday, Sep 23 Maui (Kahului), HI 8:00am

Friday, Sep 24 Maui (Kahului), HI 6:00pm

Saturday, Sep 25 Honolulu, HI 8:00am

Sunday, Sep 26 Honolulu, HI 8:00am

Reduced Deposit $25 and OBC $200 per cabin

Edited by LauraS

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :cool:

I see you found me :D.

Still hoping there are more people who'd be interested in this cruise.

Edited by Luckysll

Aloha everyone.

I am interested in organizing a group cruise from Vancouver to Hawaii on the Carnival Spirit in September 2010. Who else would like to come along?

Sandy

We're thinking of booking this, and I know at least one other couple who are looking at this as well. The four of us are going B2B, the run the Glacier Bay and then out to Hawaii.

If we can get a deal on the Hawaii run, we'd be interested in booking into your group!

Mike

We are the other couple that Mike is talking about:o. We are from Australia:cool:. Already booked the Alaska side.;) So a Cruise Critic group cruise for this side would be the icing on the cake.:D

Tracey

Carnival Triumph Western Caribbean 30th Nov & Eastern Caribbean 7th Dec 08

P&O Pacific Sun New Caledonia 5th Sept 09

Sun Princess Hawaii to Sydney 29th Sept 09

Carnival Spirit Glacier Bay 7th Sept 2010 Cruise Critic Group

Edited by aussie2324

Luckysll,

Just wandering if you are still looking into getting this group Cruise Critic cruise off the ground.:)

We did the Spirit Hawaii in 2004 and it was our best cruise ever. We'd really love to do it again. Next year I get an extra week of vacation and we're talking about doing another longer cruise. This one might interest us. Keep us posted.

We considered this cruise again a year or two ago and contacted Carnival about the itinerary. For us, the overnight in Kahului is far preferable to one day there and one in Lahaina (what they offered in the last few years). We wanted to try again to do the sunrise on Haleakala, but if the ship moved from Kahului to Lahaina, we'd have to book a hotel (not the end of the world). Kahului was awesome last time as the ship docked, rather than tendered and we were able to park our rental car at the pier. When I called Carnival, they said they had no plans to return to this itinerary. I hope it stays as posted - we will definitely look into it!

Here's the current itinerary from Carnival's website.

Sept. 14 - Vancouver - Depart 5 p.m.

Sept. 15 - At Sea

Sept. 16 - At Sea

Sept. 17 - At Sea

Sept. 18 - At Sea

Sept. 19 - At Sea

Sept. 20 - Kona - Arrive 8 a.m. Depart 6 p.m.

Sept. 21 - Kaui (Nawiliwili) - Arrive 8 a.m. Depart 5 p.m.

Sept. 22 - Hilo - Arrive 9 a.m. Depart 6 p.m.

Sept. 23 - Maui (Kahului) Arrive 8 a.m.

Sept. 24 - Maui (Kahului) Depart 6 p.m.

Sept. 25 - Honolulu Arrive 8 a.m.

Sept. 26 - Honolulu Depart 8 a.m.

I'm glad to see some interest in this group now that Carnival has the date available. So far, we have:

luckysll

mikey233

aussie2324

GottaLuvCruising

There is also one couple from my Alaska cruise this September that may be interested. We need at least 8 cabins to take this to the next step.

Who else would like to join us for this great cruise?

It is a shame we could not place an add.:rolleyes: Although sice the prices came out you have snagged three more interested groups.:DIt does not take long to get bumped to page two.:( I can not believe the amount of activity on this site.:p I am also on the P&O Aus and Sun Princess site. I don't think they know how to type.:confused: Talk about no enthusiasm I think I spelt that wrong.:eek:

Tracey

Tracey - the Carnival forums are pretty lively, and there are definitely some chatty people. :D

The roll call for the Panama Canal cruise I just did had over 20,000 posts and we're still posting on it, although not nearly as actively. I made some wonderful friends on that roll call/cruise and we are trying to arrange a reunion cruise for 2011. Can't imagine how big that roll call will get once it gets started.

I cancelled my P&O cruise :( To me Alaska and Hawaii are more important. Have not told hubby yet I have a feeling he is going to be p****d.:mad::mad:Me I would rather sacrifice a 7 day medioca cruise for a 3 week amazing,fantastic, mind blowing cruise:eek: Just hope he see's it my way once he gets over his mini meltdown:p;)

I cancelled my P&O cruise :( To me Alaska and Hawaii are more important. Have not told hubby yet I have a feeling he is going to be p****d.:mad::mad:Me I would rather sacrifice a 7 day medioca cruise for a 3 week amazing,fantastic, mind blowing cruise:eek: Just hope he see's it my way once he gets over his mini meltdown:p;)

Sorry to hear you cancelled your cruise, but I'm sure he'll enjoy the others.

Thankyou Sandy, I know DH will enjoy the other cruises. He is just as big an addict as myself. Any way the South Pacific is on our doorstep. And who can turn down such a good deal for Alaska. Just hope we get as good a deal for Hawaii.;)So come on people. We are waiting for your participation.:D

I have been on this cruise and it is fantastic! We went last year with my parents. They liked it so much they leave from Honolulu next week for another crossing. We all liked it so much we are already booked for the 12 day Ensenada to Honolulu run in 4/11! Best ship, best crew, what more can I say but Alooooooooha!:)

It is very hard to communicate with a fifteen +/- time difference:(

Totally understand. My Panama Canal cruise roll call had a couple from Brisbane and they were always posting at times when no one else was, but it was always fun to log on in the morning and find something posted from them.

I did an group cruise from Esdenda (sp) to Hawaii on the Sprirt 2 years ago it was great.... 5 sea days then the Hawaiian islands.

Well worth it

I have been on this cruise and it is fantastic! We went last year with my parents. They liked it so much they leave from Honolulu next week for another crossing. We all liked it so much we are already booked for the 12 day Ensenada to Honolulu run in 4/11! Best ship, best crew, what more can I say but Alooooooooha!:)

This cruise is definitely one I've been wanting to do for awhile now. Would also eventually like to do the one either to or from Ensenada.

I did an group cruise from Esdenda (sp) to Hawaii on the Sprirt 2 years ago it was great.... 5 sea days then the Hawaiian islands.

Well worth it

I didn't realize there had been a group cruise before. :) I think I might be getting more interest if I was proposing a group cruise leaving from either Hawaii or Ensenada, but Vancouver is closer for me, so that's why I wanted to do this trip.

Our Alaska Cruise on the 9/7/10 is a CC group cruise so it would be great if the Hawaiian side is a CC group cruise as well.:D

Tracey - I was interested in that cc group cruise to Alaska, too, but for a couple of reasons, I decided not to book it.

I still hope we can find enough people to make this trip a group cruise.

Tracey - I was interested in that cc group cruise to Alaska, too, but for a couple of reasons, I decided not to book it.

I still hope we can find enough people to make this trip a group cruise.

Are you not going to book the Hawaiian cruise now ?

Edited by aussie2324

Are you not going to book the Hawaiian cruise now ?

I wanted to wait until I saw whether or not there were enough for a group cruise because of the better rates, OBC, etc. I am able to cruise based on the amount of temp work I get to supplement my pension, and I haven't had a lot of work lately, so I'm a little reluctant to commit to cruises and then have to cancel.

We really need to get this site moving. Surely there are people out there who want to cruise.:eek: Come on people we need 6 more definate cabins to classify as a group and reap the rewards.

Tracey - I guess you and I will just have to chat until we find some other people to join up. I'd feel much better getting more than the required 8 cabins, because if we go with just 8 and someone cancels, then we're stuck paying the full rate and there'd go all our other perks.

Maybe a lot of people aren't thinking that far in advance yet.

Tracey - I guess you and I will just have to chat until we find some other people to join up. I'd feel much better getting more than the required 8 cabins, because if we go with just 8 and someone cancels, then we're stuck paying the full rate and there'd go all our other perks.

Here is a thought Sandy, Tracey and anyone else trying to get the Hawaii CC Group up and running,

why not post the link or a comment that you are working on getting a CC Group going to Hawaii Sept 2010, in your Siggys,

so that everywhere you all post, Like on the 09/07/10 to Alaska for you Tracey, and all the many places you post Sandy,

(and you know you do allot of posting on many different threads.)

your CC Group cruise to Hawaii will be getting a little action.

Just a thought. Sure would be fun to do that B2B :O) See ya on the front end of it Tracey.

So does that mean you are going to stick with us and try and get this CC group cruise going.:DWe do still have a lot of time up our sleeves. I would try and do it my self but I am in Australia and I think it might be a bit of a problem the time difference is the killer.So if you do stay that would be fantastic:D:D:D

Hi Sandy - Found you planning another group cruise I see :D

How is the planning for Panamaniacs II going? I'm having trouble with facebook and the yahoo chat. Drop me a line sometime and let ,e know whats happening.

Just thought I'd pop in and say HI ! Miss you!

Just so you know, you do not NEED 8 cabins to be considered a group. If you have less than 8 cabins, you will not get any tour conductor. However, if you start out holding 16-20 cabins (hoping for increased participation) and end up with less than 8 cabins, you do not lose your group pricing. Also, many of the group amenities are available to groups with as few as 5 cabins.

If this is something you really want to do, get CC's permission for a "group" and set it up. Either it will fly or it won't, but it will not cost you any more money either way (if you end up with less than 5 cabins, you may not get any amenities).

Good luck!!

Hi Sandy - Found you planning another group cruise I see :D

How is the planning for Panamaniacs II going? I'm having trouble with facebook and the yahoo chat. Drop me a line sometime and let ,e know whats happening.

Just thought I'd pop in and say HI ! Miss you!

Hi Lorna - miss you, too. Say hi to your Mom and Jess for me. :D

I think we've pretty much decided on the Miracle for the reunion ship, just have to figure out what dates. Guess I'll post on the roll call, Yahoo and Facebook and see what we decide on.

So does that mean you are going to stick with us and try and get this CC group cruise going.:DWe do still have a lot of time up our sleeves. I would try and do it my self but I am in Australia and I think it might be a bit of a problem the time difference is the killer.So if you do stay that would be fantastic:D:D:D

Yes, I'm still with you.

Just so you know, you do not NEED 8 cabins to be considered a group. If you have less than 8 cabins, you will not get any tour conductor. However, if you start out holding 16-20 cabins (hoping for increased participation) and end up with less than 8 cabins, you do not lose your group pricing. Also, many of the group amenities are available to groups with as few as 5 cabins.

If this is something you really want to do, get CC's permission for a "group" and set it up. Either it will fly or it won't, but it will not cost you any more money either way (if you end up with less than 5 cabins, you may not get any amenities).

Good luck!!

According to Cruisecritic, in order to be an "official" group cruise, you need at least 8 cabins. I don't really want to set up something with amenities, etc., and then have to say we're not getting them. At this point, there are only 4 possible cabins, so if there isn't enough interest for a group booking, then I'll just go with booking on my own.

According to Cruisecritic, in order to be an "official" group cruise, you need at least 8 cabins. I don't really want to set up something with amenities, etc., and then have to say we're not getting them. At this point, there are only 4 possible cabins, so if there isn't enough interest for a group booking, then I'll just go with booking on my own.

Hi Sandy, just commit to it...You know you want to do it :D

There IS going to be a ship, The Spirit, full of people going on that cruise.(or Carnival wouldn't be doing it :p)

I would think by way of Facebook, this board, friends and family, word of mouth ect...

over the next year, you should have the 16+ cabins to make it a great group.

I sure wish I could do it. What fun that would be...and so many sea days to plan fun stuff.

If I was single, and had some time, I would be doing it.

Now that I have found cruising, I am obsessed :O)

By the way is it against the rules to post your Possible group cruise plans by way of your signature?

Again, if not, you all should have it in there. That way it will be where ever you go.

Tracey, on the 09/07/10 maybe others want to do the B2B, and Sandy, maybe some of your Panni friends, might like a cruise to Hawaii.

Good Luck :) Although I think you will find more than enough takers over the next few months

I might be interested in it. I would have to go over and look at some of the info on the carnival site. Tell me a little more about it. Would it be at the beginning or the end of the alaska trip, it there a "layover", etc...?

Sorry, somehow I didn't realize that I started on the second page of the thread. I think I have the information I need. Maybe I can send the kids back home after the Alaska part. Actually, they might freak out and kill me if I did that. Hmm, gotta figure something out.

I might be interested in it. I would have to go over and look at some of the info on the carnival site. Tell me a little more about it. Would it be at the beginning or the end of the alaska trip, it there a "layover", etc...?

Actually, this group cruise would only be for the Vancouver to Hawaii sailing, leaving Vancouver on Sept. 14, 2010.

There are a couple of people who are doing a one week Alaska cruise before this cruise (which is already an official group cruise organized by KellyWhiteHills) and then they are staying on the ship for the cruise to Hawaii.

Edited by Luckysll

Actually, this group cruise would only be for the Vancouver to Hawaii sailing, leaving Vancouver on Sept. 14, 2010.

There are a couple of people who are doing a one week Alaska cruise before this cruise (which is already an official group cruise organized by KellyWhiteHills) and then they are staying on the ship for the cruise to Hawaii.

Hi Sandy, Gina "chelsita"is a part of the CC Group with Kelly, doing Seattle to Alaska to Vancouver.

I have been posting over there for your unofficial, wanting to become Official Group to Hawaii.

Trying to drum up some interest for you and Tracey...

Sure hope this works out for you all, it sounds like a wonderful cruise.

Maybe in a couple years, chelle and I will be doing one :p

Thanks, Marie. I wasn't sure if Gina was already doing the Alaska cruise or just thinking about it. I'm still hoping for more interest in this one, maybe once the summer is over people will start thinking about next year's cruises.

If this one doesn't get off the ground, I still have the B2B with the Panamaniacs for 2011 that will for sure be group cruises as we already have enough to do it that way. Just waiting for that one to see if more CC people are interested before going to Laura for official status.