**OFFICIAL** Island Hoppers ~ Vancouver to Hawaii ~Sept 14, 2010

Luckysll

Aloha everyone.

Join the Island Hoppers for a 12 day cruise from the beautiful port city of Vancouver to;

Tuesday, Sep 14 Vancouver, BC, Canada 5pm

Wednesday, Sep 15 Fun Day At Sea

Thursday, Sep 16 Fun Day At Sea

Friday, Sep 17 Fun Day At Sea

Saturday, Sep 18 Fun Day At Sea

Sunday, Sep 19 Fun Day At Sea

Monday, Sep 20 Kona, HI 8:00am 6:00pm

Tuesday, Sep 21 Kauai (Nawiliwili),HI 8:00am 5:00

Wednesday, Sep 22 Hilo, HI 9:00am 6:00pm

Thursday, Sep 23 Maui (Kahului), HI 8:00am

Friday, Sep 24 Maui (Kahului), HI 6:00pm

Saturday, Sep 25 Honolulu, HI 8:00am

Sunday, Sep 26 Honolulu, HI 8:00am

Reduced Deposit $25 and OBC $200 per cabin

• 2 months later...
Aloha everyone.

I am interested in organizing a group cruise from Vancouver to Hawaii on the Carnival Spirit in September 2010. Who else would like to come along?

Sandy

We're thinking of booking this, and I know at least one other couple who are looking at this as well. The four of us are going B2B, the run the Glacier Bay and then out to Hawaii.

If we can get a deal on the Hawaii run, we'd be interested in booking into your group!

Mike

We are the other couple that Mike is talking about:o. We are from Australia:cool:. Already booked the Alaska side.;) So a Cruise Critic group cruise for this side would be the icing on the cake.:D

Tracey

Carnival Triumph Western Caribbean 30th Nov & Eastern Caribbean 7th Dec 08

P&O Pacific Sun New Caledonia 5th Sept 09

Sun Princess Hawaii to Sydney 29th Sept 09

Carnival Spirit Glacier Bay 7th Sept 2010 Cruise Critic Group

We considered this cruise again a year or two ago and contacted Carnival about the itinerary. For us, the overnight in Kahului is far preferable to one day there and one in Lahaina (what they offered in the last few years). We wanted to try again to do the sunrise on Haleakala, but if the ship moved from Kahului to Lahaina, we'd have to book a hotel (not the end of the world). Kahului was awesome last time as the ship docked, rather than tendered and we were able to park our rental car at the pier. When I called Carnival, they said they had no plans to return to this itinerary. I hope it stays as posted - we will definitely look into it!

Here's the current itinerary from Carnival's website.

Sept. 14 - Vancouver - Depart 5 p.m.

Sept. 15 - At Sea

Sept. 16 - At Sea

Sept. 17 - At Sea

Sept. 18 - At Sea

Sept. 19 - At Sea

Sept. 20 - Kona - Arrive 8 a.m. Depart 6 p.m.

Sept. 21 - Kaui (Nawiliwili) - Arrive 8 a.m. Depart 5 p.m.

Sept. 22 - Hilo - Arrive 9 a.m. Depart 6 p.m.

Sept. 23 - Maui (Kahului) Arrive 8 a.m.

Sept. 24 - Maui (Kahului) Depart 6 p.m.

Sept. 25 - Honolulu Arrive 8 a.m.

Sept. 26 - Honolulu Depart 8 a.m.

I'm glad to see some interest in this group now that Carnival has the date available. So far, we have:

luckysll

mikey233

aussie2324

GottaLuvCruising

There is also one couple from my Alaska cruise this September that may be interested. We need at least 8 cabins to take this to the next step.

Who else would like to join us for this great cruise?

It is a shame we could not place an add.:rolleyes: Although sice the prices came out you have snagged three more interested groups.:DIt does not take long to get bumped to page two.:( I can not believe the amount of activity on this site.:p I am also on the P&O Aus and Sun Princess site. I don't think they know how to type.:confused: Talk about no enthusiasm I think I spelt that wrong.:eek:

Tracey

Tracey - the Carnival forums are pretty lively, and there are definitely some chatty people. :D

The roll call for the Panama Canal cruise I just did had over 20,000 posts and we're still posting on it, although not nearly as actively. I made some wonderful friends on that roll call/cruise and we are trying to arrange a reunion cruise for 2011. Can't imagine how big that roll call will get once it gets started.

I cancelled my P&O cruise :( To me Alaska and Hawaii are more important. Have not told hubby yet I have a feeling he is going to be p****d.:mad::mad:Me I would rather sacrifice a 7 day medioca cruise for a 3 week amazing,fantastic, mind blowing cruise:eek: Just hope he see's it my way once he gets over his mini meltdown:p;)

I cancelled my P&O cruise :( To me Alaska and Hawaii are more important. Have not told hubby yet I have a feeling he is going to be p****d.:mad::mad:Me I would rather sacrifice a 7 day medioca cruise for a 3 week amazing,fantastic, mind blowing cruise:eek: Just hope he see's it my way once he gets over his mini meltdown:p;)

Sorry to hear you cancelled your cruise, but I'm sure he'll enjoy the others.

Thankyou Sandy, I know DH will enjoy the other cruises. He is just as big an addict as myself. Any way the South Pacific is on our doorstep. And who can turn down such a good deal for Alaska. Just hope we get as good a deal for Hawaii.;)So come on people. We are waiting for your participation.:D

I have been on this cruise and it is fantastic! We went last year with my parents. They liked it so much they leave from Honolulu next week for another crossing. We all liked it so much we are already booked for the 12 day Ensenada to Honolulu run in 4/11! Best ship, best crew, what more can I say but Alooooooooha!:)

It is very hard to communicate with a fifteen +/- time difference:(

Totally understand. My Panama Canal cruise roll call had a couple from Brisbane and they were always posting at times when no one else was, but it was always fun to log on in the morning and find something posted from them.

I have been on this cruise and it is fantastic! We went last year with my parents. They liked it so much they leave from Honolulu next week for another crossing. We all liked it so much we are already booked for the 12 day Ensenada to Honolulu run in 4/11! Best ship, best crew, what more can I say but Alooooooooha!:)

This cruise is definitely one I've been wanting to do for awhile now. Would also eventually like to do the one either to or from Ensenada.

I did an group cruise from Esdenda (sp) to Hawaii on the Sprirt 2 years ago it was great.... 5 sea days then the Hawaiian islands.

Well worth it

I didn't realize there had been a group cruise before. :) I think I might be getting more interest if I was proposing a group cruise leaving from either Hawaii or Ensenada, but Vancouver is closer for me, so that's why I wanted to do this trip.

Tracey - I was interested in that cc group cruise to Alaska, too, but for a couple of reasons, I decided not to book it.

I still hope we can find enough people to make this trip a group cruise.

Are you not going to book the Hawaiian cruise now ?

Are you not going to book the Hawaiian cruise now ?

I wanted to wait until I saw whether or not there were enough for a group cruise because of the better rates, OBC, etc. I am able to cruise based on the amount of temp work I get to supplement my pension, and I haven't had a lot of work lately, so I'm a little reluctant to commit to cruises and then have to cancel.

Archived