S-Class Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!!

Mysticks1

SHIP: Solstice

CABIN #: 1597

DECK #: 11

CLASS: Aqua Class

AREA: Center Right near the second floor of the Library

BED NEAR: Balcony

QUIET?: Yes, very

BALCONY VIEW: Wonderful

BALCONY SIZE: normal

WIND A PROBLEM?: No

SOOT A PROBLEM?: No

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Chair noise one sea day morning but not very noticeable. Too small Ice Bucket. Really convenient location for the entire ship.

Ship: Equinox

Deck - Resort Deck 12

Cabin # - 2150

Class – S2

Starboard or Port Side - starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) Noise from upstairs outdoor seating area of cafe; scraping sounds in the am. Not too bad - would book again.

Balcony View - Fabulous - Aft - could watch the wake for hours.

Balcony Size? Nice sized. 2 adjustable chairs, 2 footstools, 1 round table

Was wind a problem? no

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? No soot

Any specific problems with this cabin? none

Any other comments? The balcony is completely covered. Fine if you don't want sun, and quite private.

Deck - 6

Cabin # - 6215

Class –

Starboard or Port Side - Port

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –Balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Very

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Great.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Oversized. One of largest

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? None

Any other comments? Wonderful Cabin!

Deck - 12

Cabin # -1636

Class – aqa

Starboard or Port Side - starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –near balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – yes

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – no problems with obstructions

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - normal

Was wind a problem? no

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem?

Any specific problems with this cabin? None

Any other comments? Others have posted that you do not get the sun in these balconies because of the overhang. This was not our experience . We did receive sun and that was not a problem for us .

With many looking for information on specific cabins on Solstice I thought it might be good to have a form of sorts for everyone to post basic information on each cabin that is easily read and searchable.

Hopefully if future cruisers will cooperate we can eventually obtain information on most every cabin and possibly get it as a sticky. Below is the information that I have noticed many wanting to know about the cabins. Please add any pertinant information that I might have missed. I will add a post after this one with just the questions that you can "Reply To" and add your information without copying and editing this first post. I hope to eventually get the basic info in a table and will try to post that periodically within the thread.

Please name your post with the title "Cabin # xxxx" so that those searching for information on a specific cabin can locate those easier with the search this forum option by using the cabin number that they need info on.

After the questions please add any comments concerning location - close to elevators, far from specific venues, etc. Also, post links to your photos of specific cabins or attach photos to the post.

Ship - Eclipse

Cabin # - 9382

Class – C1

Starboard or Port Side - Aft

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –Balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Yes

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. –

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Oversized

Was wind a problem? No

NoIf an aft cabin, was soot a problem? Minor

Any specific problems with this cabin? No -wonderful, quite cabin

Any other comments? Mid-ship, aft. great location, great oversized balcony. Walt to elevator not as bad as some say. ]

Deck - 6

Cabin # - 6234

Class –

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Near bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Oh so VERY not quiet. Many creaks from ship movement, difficult to sleep through. I must admit, I didn't put in an official complaint or have anyone in to 'adjust' things to reduce the creaks.. now I'd definitely consider doing so.

There was also considerable noise from outside, location is mid-ship, right by the elevators, last in the row in the 'bump out'. So we got noise from the atrium when they were playing music there, from the elevator bay, and from decks on 5 outside the specialty dining. Some nights there was more partying there than others.

I did mention our problem to a crew member on our first full day at sea and asked if there was a place onboard where we could purchase a white noise machine. There isn't.

The next day, after returning from San Juan, our stateroom attendant brought us a package from the crew member (Nina.. turns out she's director of Hotel onboard!) we'd spoken with. It was a Brookstone Sound Machine. Nina had bought it there and loaned it to us for the duration of the cruise. THAT's definitely above and beyond in my estimation.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Deck on 5 directly below, lifeboats below and behind. Could see all balconies aft of us as we were the aft end of the bump out.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? Not really. Not in the cabin or balcony. But it was windy several days during this cruise. You really got it up on the top decks, made it uncomfortable to lay out on the deck above the pool.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? Excessive creaking and too much noise from atrium, elevators and deck 5.

Any other comments? Take your Scopalomine patch, Dramamine, and/or Sea Bands with you. And a sound machine or ear plugs would be helpful.

We had a really good stateroom attendant.. never without a smile and always willing to get or do what was needed. Nazareth was wonderful.

We used room service several times (hubby down with migraines multiple days) and most of the time it was prompt, well cooked, good temperature. But one day it took over an hour for food to be delivered, and several items were cold.

There was some kind of communicable virus onboard during our cruise. Several announcements to explain changes in service (buffet was no longer self serve, all drinks on 14 were poured for you, salt&pepper and cream dishes removed from table and either packets put on table or servers would pour it for you) and to come to their medical facility if experiencing any gastrointestinal issues for a 'complementary consultation'. Two of our group of 22 ended up ill on the last night or debarkation day. NOT a fun way to cruise.

CABIN #: 1203

DECK #:10

CLASS:C2

AREA: Starboard

BED NEAR: Bath

QUIET?: Depends on neighbors

BALCONY VIEW: Fine

SIZE: Normal

SOOT A PROBLEM?: N/A

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS:Stateroom was quiet after midnight on our cruise January 16 - 23,2011. There was a lot of noise from above, sounded like furniture being moved during day and evening.

Edited by Archquark

SHIP: Century

CABIN #: 9307

DECK #: 9

CLASS: FV AFT

AREA: AFT

BED NEAR: bathroom with divider for seperation from sofa area

QUIET?: Yes

BALCONY VIEW: Great Aft View

SIZE: Tons of storage area. Extra deep balcony

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: TV could only be viewed by one person in the bed when they leaned way out of the bed. Since I was the one sleeping by the wall, I could not see the TV. (On account of TV being in the sofa area.

CABIN #: 9232

CLASS: C1

AREA: AFT

QUIET?: YES

BALCONY VIEW: Nice Aft View

SIZE: Normal

SOOT A PROBLEM?: No soot but a lot of ocean spray that was on our balcony door and smudged the view. (never cleaned the whole week.) Also, we'd get the occassionaly napkin, ciggy butt, or french fry from above on our balcony.

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Worst Stateroom Attendant ever (Stanley). Unfortunately room was destroyed about 3 people in the cabin had the Norovirus. Projectile vomiting and diahhrea (from little kids) on rug, drapes, etc. They said they would deep clean after we left.

Not much storage space. The adjustable arm that the TV swings on was broken. Hopefully they will fix. (Notified them on the 2nd day, and not fixed on our stay).

SHIP: Eclipse

CABIN #: 1625

DECK #: Penthouse

CLASS: AQ

AREA: Aft

QUIET?: Very. Suites not public space above

BALCONY VIEW: Straight out

BALCONY SIZE: Normal

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: More than enough storage and closet space for a two week cruise. Bath is particularly generous with storage. Only problem was having to leave pampering experience of AQ and return home. :)

Deck - 10

Cabin # - 1206

Class – CC

Starboard or Port Side - Aft

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – No problems with noise, cabin next to attendants closet.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Great view of aft, no obstructions

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - oversized

Was wind a problem? - Never

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - Minor soot in the morning, but never a problem

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Perfect cabin, lots of storage and great view

Any other comments? - our first time on X and we loved it.

CABIN #: 9228

CLASS: 1B

AREA: Starboard mid-ship

QUIET?: Yes, except for door slamming from all around, esp. in the mornings

BALCONY VIEW: Great view

SIZE: We had plenty of space. We used the sofa to store our suitcases.

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Since I had a broken foot and was in an orthopedic boot, we liked the location of this room. We originally were booked in a Concierge Class cabin that was way aft, but I switched to this cabin to have a more mid-ship location. Our cabin steward, Julio, was terrific. The room was kept spotless, and he brought ice twice a day for me to ice my tired foot (I have a Level 2 sprain as well as a fracture). Our only complaint was the door slamming, from other people's balcony doors (those doors are heavy!) to other's cabin doors. It was quite annoying the last few days.

Thanks for a very informative thread!

I might have been dreaming, but I have a faint memory that there is a document somewhere (PDF?) where all information was put together. But -I can't find it... Can somebody tell me where it is?

Thanks in advance/s

Deck - 9

Cabin # - 9253 - Equinox

Class – C3

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –Bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Quiet

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Nice view out; two decks directly above lifeboats.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal size

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? No problems.

Any other comments? All 4 of our suitcases fit nicely under the bed. We overpacked for 10-nights but found room for everything! Great location, not too far from aft elevator bank; would book again! :)

Jill

Deck - 9

Cabin # - 9253 - Equinox

Class – C3

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Quiet

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Nice view out; two decks directly above lifeboats.

Was wind a problem? No

Any other comments? All 4 of our suitcases fit nicely under the bed. We overpacked for 10-nights but found room for everything! Great location, not too far from aft elevator bank; would book again!

Jill

Hi there,

Perhaps an update can be made to the entry for the above-noted stateroom as a caution for future cruisers.

THIS IS A FOUR PERSON STATEROOM. If Celebrity needs it for four people you can AND WILL get bumped. :eek:

I think this is an important update just so that people are aware of the potential pit fall of booking this room.

Does anyone know of any other four person rooms?

CABIN #: 1512

DECK #:11

AREA:Forward starboard

QUIET?: Under Gym - treadmills from 0630 hours

BALCONY VIEW: Straight out

BALCONY SIZE: Normal

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Great proximity to relaxation room and spiral staircase to spa. Gym noise was not a problem every morning - but enough that I would make sure that I had cabin above and below next time. Very little noise from neighbors - except doors slamming, the doors can get away on you, but you can be more careful.

Deck - 12

Cabin # - 2151

Class – Sky Suite

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Middle of suite but near "the pole"

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – No - very noisy from Ocean View Cafe/Bar directly above. During the day not a problem as we weren't in the cabin but they usually started cleaning and arranging chairs/tables at about 5:15 a.m. (dragging chairs sound was amplified in our room). We did complain and they changed the cleaning time till after 6am. Also if you try to rest during the day, the noice from above will never stop as guests are using the area and that cannot be controled.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – View is aft and partial port side. Nice view

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Larger but probably normal for a suite

Was wind a problem? 1st two days were very blustery - could not sit out. Later days were great - no wind at all while ship was moving.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? Some at times but never a problem.

Any specific problems with this cabin? Yes noise from cafe/bar above was very bad in the early mornings as noted above. Loved the view and the size but would not take this cabin again due to the noise.

Any other comments? Bathtub/shower ceiling is low. If you are taller than 6' 3", your head will hit the showerhead (rain type) while standing and if you're talling than 6'5" your head will hit the ceiling in the shower. Will post pics of the room after I download

CABIN #: 1601

DECK #:11

AREA:Hump Port side

QUIET?: Yes. we could hear the Sailaway party on 3rd night and one morning the moving of deck chairs. The sliding door to balcony cuts out 95% of all the noise.

BALCONY VIEW: Side/forward

BALCONY SIZE: Large

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: great location next to midship elevators and stairs. Only issue I have is limited drawer space.

Deck - 11

Cabin # - 1645- Solstice

Class – AQ

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Very Quiet, only noise was hearing other toilets flushing

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Nice view of the port side

Was wind a problem? Not really, was very windy on last day but not specific to this cabin

Any other comments? Excellent storage space, more than enough for 2 people

Ship- Solstice

Deck - DECK 6 (CONTINENTAL)

Cabin # - 6224

Class – DELUXE OCEANVIEW WITH BALCONY

Starboard or Port Side - STARBOARD

BED near?(balcony or bath) – BALCONY

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – CONNECTING, BUT CABIN WAS VERY QUIET

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – UNOBSTRUCTIVE VIEW

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - NORMAL

Was wind a problem? NO

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? NO

Any specific problems with this cabin? NONE WHATSOEVER...LOVED IT!

Any other comments? We originally had a cabin on deck 8 aft (near the aft cabins that face backward). I called two days before the cruise and was able to change to deck 6 with a cabin close to the elevators. I'm so glad I did! It was very convenient if we had to go to the cabin to get something. There's a wall between the elevator lobby and hallway...very quiet. I would book this same cabin again.

D

Edited by Gram54
Left out the ship's name

Deck - 7

Cabin # - 7296

Class – 2B

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Bed near – Bath

Quiet Cabin – very quiet

Balcony View - Good view straight out or aft, can't see forward past the hump, lifeboats one deck down weren't a problem

Balcony Size- normal

Was wind a problem - no

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem - n/a

Any specific problems with this cabin - geat location, close to stairs and elevators but no noise

Here are the latest updates to the S-Class Cabin spreadsheet, divided into two parts due to size of the files.

Please email me if you would like the Excel version.

Please don't forget to include SHIP NAME in your cabin review.

S Class Cabins 2-16-11 Pt. 1 (1002 - 3154).pdf

S Class Cabins 2-16-11 pt 2 (6103 -9382).pdf