Beach Break + shopping

clover_cruiser

Hubby and I have signed up for the beach break at Bannister Caye offered by NCL...I believe it's approximately 4 hours in length and a tender departs directly from the ship to the island. Does anyone know how long the commute actually is from the ship?

We were hoping to hang around the beach in the morning then tender to port in the afternoon for some shopping. Can this be done? Not sure how long it would take to tender back to the boat and then to Belize city. Any ideas?

Thanks for your help!

P.s. How is the shopping in belize at port? I an assuming that I'll simply need US dollars.

It will depend on how long your ship is in port.

I was on the Valor - our excursion left the ship about 9, and then were back about 12:30. The tender to shore is 15-20 minutes. We had plenty of time to change, then take a tender to shore to shop, then the last tender for our ship was at 4:15.

I am going to Belize in March on NCL Spirit. I am concerned about the tender boat going to the beach. My father will be in our group and has Multiple Sclerosis and is mostly wheelchair bound. What I'm curious about is if the tender boat rocks around alot, if it has a ramp, etc. He can take a few steps, but if it is very rough it would be a problem. Will you email me when you get back and tell me about it or anyone else reading this that has been there. I would really appreciate it.

gregghlee@gmail.com

Archived