Do you need a passport?

BonnieVA

As Guatemala is a foreign country you will have to have a passport to board the ship.

You will also have to have a passport to reenter the USA.

You will need a passport for virtually every cruise you do now (except maybe a cruise to nowhere). TSA nows requires a passport for all travel except within the US (and it's territories).

We are just back from the Coral Princess 1/06/09 cruise of the Panama and the short answer is "no" we did not need to show a passport to get in and out of Guatemala or any other Central American countries. As for US customs, TSA, and cruiseline rules I am not going to comment.

As for US customs, TSA, and cruiseline rules I am not going to comment.

Hmmm ... I'm curious as to what you mean by this. I called our cruiseline 2x today as well as the Dept of State & was told by all 3 that we did NOT need passports to re-enter the US by cruise ship.

Hmmm ... I'm curious as to what you mean by this. I called our cruiseline 2x today as well as the Dept of State & was told by all 3 that we did NOT need passports to re-enter the US by cruise ship.

I didn't mean anything....you only wanted know about Guatemala which I answered. The tag was hoping that you would do your own due dilgence with the others, so if you are happy then I am happy.:)

Personally I would not leave the country without a passport....if God forbid, you had to fly home from outside of the country you would find it extremely difficult to do so without a passport.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We were there last week...NCL Cruise shore excursion staff told us a picture ID and the ship key card. We were told that if you have passports, they should be left on the ship. (take a copy with you if you are using the passport as id). Should you run into difficulty and need the original passport the ship crew would get your passport to you.

We were there last week...NCL Cruise shore excursion staff told us a picture ID and the ship key card. We were told that if you have passports, they should be left on the ship. (take a copy with you if you are using the passport as id). Should you run into difficulty and need the original passport the ship crew would get your passport to you.

Thanks! We're heading out today & will be onboard in 2 days! Can't wait.

Archived