New York Terminal, Driving and Parking???

FlyingJs

Hi Everyone!!

We are driving in from Ohio to board the Carnival Miracle on June 9, 2009. Looking for information on driving into and parking at the port. Than you for any help! Just nervous about driving into the city, always was on a shuttle or cab in New York before, and have never been to the port.

Thank you!! J

Yikes, sorry, looks like I jumped the gun. I saw many posts on this topic in the threads below. Problem is, now I am even more confused!! LOL.

Looks like $30 a day, probably go that route except the cruise does leave on a weekday, yikes.

Thought I would just drive through unless I can find one of the stay and park deals that worked out for me out of Bayonne a couple of years ago. I think I see that there arent too many of those and I really don't know what is and isn't close...thanks for any info!!

I am leaving on the Explorer from Bayonne today. I will check with folks and get back to you in two weeks.

If you drive into the city, take the Lincoln Tunnel and get in the leftmost lane you can. At the other end you would head UPTOWN. Then make a left and go as far west as you can and make a right to go uptown to the west 50's, which is where the pier is. I had to do this in late December and it was really easy.

• 2 weeks later...

We're on the same cruise! I was just thinking today that taking the train up would probably cost us about the same as parking for 8 days, and would be a lot less stressful. My question is, how far is Penn Station from Carnival's cruise terminal??? Would the taxi cost us a fortune?

My question is, how far is Penn Station from Carnival's cruise terminal??? Would the taxi cost us a fortune?

Assuming Carnival leaves from Manhattan cruise terminal I read in another thread that Penn Station is less than 2 miles away and will cost $5-$10 by cab at most.

Hope that helps,

Jallia

Assuming Carnival leaves from Manhattan cruise terminal I read in another thread that Penn Station is less than 2 miles away and will cost $5-$10 by cab at most.

Hope that helps,

Jallia

It's not HOW FAR the cab goes....distance (in NYC) is practically irrelevant anyway...it's HOW LONG you are sitting in traffic going nowhere. The meter in the cab continues to go up whether you're sitting in bumper-to-bumper on 7th Ave. or whether you're doing 60mph on the Henry Hudson Pkwy.

June 9th is a Tuesday therefore once past "rush hour" the traffic shouldn't be too bad. I'm guessing the cab should be in the $15 - $20 range, which still isn't bad.

To the OP...have a great cruise, you're going to love the Miracle!

Archived