Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cruise4Jesus

Transportation from New Orleans airport to the Spirit

Just wanted to know if any one recently off the Spirit has any information as to the cost for a taxi fron the New Orleans airport to the cruise terminal.

Also is there a shuttle service available from airport to the cruise terminal.

Thanks in advance for any info

http://www.portno.com/pno_pages/cargo_facilities_julia.htm

If you go to the Port of New Orleans website, it gives you all the info you'll need, plus phone numbers. When are you sailing?

Airport Transportation

[/url]

The Louis Armstrong International Airport (MSY) is approximately 17 miles from the cruise terminal complexes. Please allow approximately 45 minutes travel time. There are three basic means of transportation from the airport to the cruise terminal. The following numbers and rates are as of August 1, 2005 for transportation between the airport and the cruise terminal complexes:

Airport Shuttle - (504) 522-3500 -

Kiosks in the baggage area of the airport, walk up service. $13 per person.

Airport Limousine - (504) 305-2450 -

Kiosks in the baggage area of the airport, walk up service. Rates start at $35 for one or two passengers.

Taxis - Flat fee of $28 for the first two persons, $12 per person for three or more, plus a $1 fuel surcharge per trip (not passenger).

Baggage Transfer Services

Rush It Courier Service operates a baggage transfer service at the cruise terminals that will deliver your baggage from the terminal to the airport. This is a perfect service for those that have later flights and want to enjoy the sights of the City after the cruise and before departing for home. A great way to extend the vacation. We are also working on a system to deliver bags from the airport to the cruise terminal on arrival, to allow those early arrivals to start their vacations early. For more information and rates, call (504) 471-0080.

We just did a taxi, $25.00. It didn't take 45 minutes, more like 20 or so if I remember right, but that doesn't really make any difference...

Nita

Timing depends on what time you are going into the city and if there is anything of importance going on that day. On Feb. 1st, it should be quiet because everyone will be home for the Superbowl.

We just did a taxi, $25.00. It didn't take 45 minutes, more like 20 or so if I remember right, but that doesn't really make any difference...

Nita

I can believe $35, especially if you had excess luggage.

The shuttle now costs $15.

Taxicabs: A cab ride costs $28.00 from the airport to the Central Business District (CBD) for one or two persons and $12.00 (per passenger) for three or more passengers. Pick-up is on the lower level, outside the baggage claim area. There may be an additional charge for extra baggage. $1 fuel surcharge added to total fare.

AirportLimo.com For over 20 years AirportLimo.com has been providing reliable ground transportation services to and from Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport. Call 1-877-278-5466 or visit www.airportlimo.com for more information.

Airport Shuttle: Shuttle service is available from the airport to the hotels in the CBD for $15.00 (per person, one-way) or $30.00 (per person, round-trip). Three bags per person. Call 1-866-596-2699 or (504) 522-3500 for more details or to make a reservation. Advance reservations are required 48 hours prior to travel for all ADA accessible transfers. Please call well enough in advance for the specially-equipped shuttle to be reserved. For group reservations of 10 or more people please dial 1-866-596-2699. Ticket booths are located on the lower level in the baggage claim area.

http://www.flymsy.com/ground_transportation.htm

This is the luggage transfer company:

http://www.advancecheckin.com/

Thanks Mactrio

We are sailing this Sunday February 01.

Have a wonderful time! We sail on the Spirit on 2/22, counting down the days.

I've read about the airport bus to downtown. Has anyone taken this? The Marriott doesn't offer airport shuttle service...go figure.:D

I've read about the airport bus to downtown. Has anyone taken this? The Marriott doesn't offer airport shuttle service...go figure.:D

There is a city bus that goes from the airport to the downtown area. Cost is minimal, but timeline may be longer than cab or shuttle - and it follows a set route, so you'd have to get from wherever they stop to your hotel. I don't think any of the downtown hotels offer shuttle services.

Contemplating a flight on Sept 5 that arrives at MSY at 2:02. Would that allow enough time to get to the cruise port by the airport shuttle? Assume this is the cruise port about 2 blocks from the Marriott Hotel (near the Convention Center).

Thanks.

I can believe $35, especially if you had excess luggage.

The shuttle now costs $15.

I think the taxi charge has gone up, too - but if it has it's only a couple dollars more.

Would it be a problem arriving barely 2 hours before sailing? Will just bring 2 carry-on bags so would not need time to wait for luggage. Will taking the airport shuttle give me enough time to get to the ship (about 45 minutes?). Thanks.

Would it be a problem arriving barely 2 hours before sailing? Will just bring 2 carry-on bags so would not need time to wait for luggage. Will taking the airport shuttle give me enough time to get to the ship (about 45 minutes?). Thanks.

No--many things can happen--take an earlier flight like the day before-

airplane problems, airport problems, traffic problems all could ruin your

vacation.

Big green

a 6:30 am flight should get me there just before 10:30. :)

i still recommend you go the day before.

bg