Coral World

Leigh-Anne V

We will be in St Thomas on March 17, hubby and I and our 9 year old daughter. I thought that Coral World would be great to go and see ... admittance to the park would be 1/2 the price if we did it instead of the ship excursion though.

Questions I have though are:

How far is it from the where we dock to Coral World? We are sailing on NCL

Is there a beach nearby incase we are finished early at Coral World?

Anyone know roughly how much the taxi would cost and are they readily available or when we take one there do we need to ask them to come back?

Any other suggestions for St Thomas? We are there from 9am - 6pm

thanks!

Leigh-Anne

How far is it from the where we dock to Coral World? We are sailing on NCL

About a 20 minute ride.

Is there a beach nearby incase we are finished early at Coral World?

Coki Beach is right next door.

Anyone know roughly how much the taxi would cost and are they readily available or when we take one there do we need to ask them to come back?

Plenty of cabs at the pier and beach. Cost is around $8.00 p/p ea way.

We did this privately a couple of weeks ago.

Taxi ride took up to 30 minutes depending on traffic. The ride is up to $9 pp.

As the PP said, Coki Beach is right next door. There are places to change at Coral World and they have lockers. The wrist band you get when you buy admission is good for you to go in and out of Coral World so you can use the facilities. The lunch there was good. A lot of food for the price.

Enjoy. We really liked Coral World.

We didn't actually go to the beach but I know we were there much earlier then the cruise ship people go there. We definitely had about an hour to have Coral World pretty much all to ourselves. My husband isn't much of a beach person and we had done a beach day on St. Maarten so we didn't push to get in the water. Beach looked fine though. By the end of the day it was pretty crowded. Its not a huge beach.

We went to Coral World a couple of years ago via a NCL excursion. Our then 8 yo son had a blast. We spent alot of time at Coral World and then went over to Coki beach just a short walk away. Although Coki was pretty it was mobbed. There were tons of people everywhere. We did not have enough time to stay so we dipped our toes in the water and left. When we went out to get back in our "taxi" to go back to the ship, we saw that they were starting to leave without us. :eek: I would recomend Coral World but not Coki beach (We have travelled alot and seen alot but there were a lot of unfriendly locals...which made going to the beach not very much fun).

Archived