Legend Azipod Problem

Cruzaholic41

I was asked by Gina (Cruzaholic) to say what I knew about this since my office is at the Key West harbor. The Legend did visit yesterday on a scheduled stop, although it was not a usual port for them.

Prior to entering KW harbor, the Legend reported problems with one azipod. I do not know the extent of the problem, but oil was being dispersed into the water as a result. The Captain of the Port ordered a boom placed around the ship to contain the spilled oil.

The ship got underway as scheduled, but I do not know if the problem was completely fixed or not...or what the future plans are.

It goes from Tampa to Grand Cayman, then toward Mexico, Belize and Honduras, then back to Tampa (I only know because we did this one last summer and are booked again this summer.) Key West is a big detour, but stranger things happen.

At the risk of being accused a thread hijacker, I gotta ask: what is that photo in your avatar? I ask because it looks very similar to a photo I took on Virgin Gorda a few years ago (below).

100_0127.jpg.3ea8312ec148e4ff5ef4e43eba9eda77.jpg

At the risk of being accused a thread hijacker, I gotta ask: what is that photo in your avatar? I ask because it looks very similar to a photo I took on Virgin Gorda a few years ago (below).

I had forgotten where I took that one, but after I pulled the original, and it is neither Virgin Gorda, nor Iles des Saintes. That is on Saba looking down at the airport from Hell's Gate, at a nice little church.

Here is the original

saba.JPG

Ahh.... in higher resolution, it's obvious the airstrip below. My mistake... sure looked like Virgin Gorda in the avatar! :o

I had to look at the original to remember where I took it, that's what happens when we use big pics as avatars

The good news is the Legend isn't sick.

Perhaps, perhaps not. I mentioned this thread over dinner with my parents last night and my mother mentioned seeing a Carnival ship in Grand Cayman that seemed to have problems holding station. This was the last week in Jan. The ship was Legend, so perhaps it's been having azipod issues for a while.

We were on the Legend when it stopped at Key West on 2/9. We did not notice any boom in the water when we departed the ship, nor was any announcement made about any problems. We docked at the outer mole pier, and had to ride trolley's out of the Naval Base. The Garden of Eden, the Key West clothing optional bar, did a fantastic amount of business that day.................:D

Archived