anyone ever use bestonbahamas.com

morganboys

I am interested in an answer to this as well. The price for the stingray swim in Nassau is much less than the ship or thru portpromotions.com (because they have a children's fee as well).

Anybody know anything?

Thanks!

I have also booked for March on the Stingray trip. They sent me a confirmation and they're mentioned on the travel channel website, so I'm hoping that they're legit! I'll pay $81 total for the Stingray for two people, but they charged me a deposit and I'll pay the rest when we get picked up in the Bahamas. They pick us up at the port though, so no other transportation fees are needed. Hope this helps!

I have also booked for March on the Stingray trip. They sent me a confirmation and they're mentioned on the travel channel website, so I'm hoping that they're legit! I'll pay $81 total for the Stingray for two people, but they charged me a deposit and I'll pay the rest when we get picked up in the Bahamas. They pick us up at the port though, so no other transportation fees are needed. Hope this helps!

Thanks! That's more info than I've been able to garner. I tried e-mailing them but got no response. I was able to get my questions answered on their website but I thought I'd feel better actually communicating w/someone!

When are you going? We'll be there 3/17

I have called their toll free number, and spoken with someone.

They seem nice and on the up and up.

I am trying to move up one of my exercusion times, and they are trying? We'll see.....

They did have space available for the sea lion encounter, when the blue lagoon said they were full? I don't understand this, but I guess I'll find out.

I will write a full review, but I think we are going the same time as some of yall-- March 14-21...

I have called their toll free number, and spoken with someone.

They seem nice and on the up and up.

I am trying to move up one of my exercusion times, and they are trying? We'll see.....

They did have space available for the sea lion encounter, when the blue lagoon said they were full? I don't understand this, but I guess I'll find out.

I will write a full review, but I think we are going the same time as some of yall-- March 14-21...

What ship? We'll be on Norwegian Sky?

OK, is there a local out there who can tell us the difference in these excursions... bestonbahamas, and there's another tour company as compared to the one offered by NCL for $62 per person? What's included and not, by price?

We DEFINITELY want to swim with the stingrays, and usually take private excursions rather than cruise line ones through the help of these great boards. Any advice?

When I emailed them on the dolphin encounter they told me that price didn't include transportation. they stated transportation would roughly be $5-$10 per person which put the excursion close to the carnival price.

The Dolphin Encounter to Blue Lagoon Island includes transportation to the Private Island. If you are booking independently, you will need to take a cab to the Paradise Island Ferry Terminal. This should cost $4pp.

You can take the ferry back to the PORT dock when you return..so you won't need a to spend additional funds. Just ask which of the ferries will take you back to the boat. One goes to Port, the other back to Paradise Island.

You seem to know what you're talking about. Do either of these private tour companies have the same stingray tour to blackbeard cay as the NCL cruiseline... or is it different somehow?

NCL's is $62 per person. Includes lunch, swimming with the rays.

Help us, please.

You seem to know what you're talking about. Do either of these private tour companies have the same stingray tour to blackbeard cay as the NCL cruiseline... or is it different somehow?

NCL's is $62 per person. Includes lunch, swimming with the rays.

Help us, please.

They all use the same tour company.

- There a Beach day which is just the ferry to the island with chaise.

- The Beach Day with Stingrays (which includes feeding and swimming with with stingrays)

- The Treasure Hunt (which is a cheesey kids tour where they find dubloons and use them for food or towards souveniers).

Or a combination of all any or all of the above.

You can add the stingrays to your beach day for about $25 by paying at the beach shack or at the bar.

Some boat tours.. like the Yellowbird.. include a DJ and Rum punch, but the go to the same island and have the same tours.

Schedules change based on what boats are in and what their timing is.

Booking thru any of the tour sites will get you the exact same tour.. They all lead to the same boat, the same island and the same stingrays.

If the description inclludes rum punch, limbo and DJ.. then it's the YELLOWBIRD.

• 2 years later...

:mad: I booked a sub tour excursion for 2 at the Best Of Bahamas and was very excited. They had me pay in full and said I would recieve a confirmation in a few minutes.

Well, I never recieved it and I called and they said they would sent it right away...

Never came, so I called again and they said the excursion is now cancelled and I would need to pick another day.

I was booked for the week so I couldn't and I asked why it changed and they said, "Things just change" Wow, ok? I complained of terrible service and wanted my full refund. Needless to say I'm still waiting weeks later for my refund and they are not replying to my e-mails.

I had to file a complaint with my bank and go on vacation with $300 less to spend. Very upsetting when your excited for your vacation and have a company treat you this way and not refund my money.

They all use the same tour company.

- There a Beach day which is just the ferry to the island with chaise.

- The Beach Day with Stingrays (which includes feeding and swimming with with stingrays)

- The Treasure Hunt (which is a cheesey kids tour where they find dubloons and use them for food or towards souveniers).

Or a combination of all any or all of the above.

You can add the stingrays to your beach day for about $25 by paying at the beach shack or at the bar.

Some boat tours.. like the Yellowbird.. include a DJ and Rum punch, but the go to the same island and have the same tours.

Schedules change based on what boats are in and what their timing is.

Booking thru any of the tour sites will get you the exact same tour.. They all lead to the same boat, the same island and the same stingrays.

If the description inclludes rum punch, limbo and DJ.. then it's the YELLOWBIRD.

You refer to 'the island'. Can you give me more info pls. We have a 3rd old, going to be in Nassau in January next year. Appreciate the weather may not be glorious but a short boat trip and day on a nice beach would be perfect so the beach day you mentioned sounds ideal!

Archived