• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Return of OBC

BaumD

Just returned from Independence. Had a $100 Next Cruise OBC, a $100 shareholder credit (both done before the Jan 1, 2009 change) and a $48 fuel surcharge OBC. Total of $248.00. Only spent about $229.00, leaving a balance of $19.00. Based on what I had read on these boards, I assumed it would be lost, after all it was only $19.00.

To my suprise, upon returning home and checking my credit card activity, I had a $19.00 credit from RCCL.

You should have received a letter in your cabin explaining obc's. We did on the Jewel last week....

If I remember it right.....the nextcruise and shareholders are NOT refundable but if you don't use the fuel or purchased obc's they are refundable.

The fuel surcharge is always redeemable as long as the cost of oil stays below I think $40 or so dollars (I forget exact amt) for 30 days prior to cruise. I was on a btb 2day and 5 day. The 2 day they handed me the $$ and the 5 day it was credited to my cc as I had used other OBC.

The fuel surcharge is always redeemable as long as the cost of oil stays below I think $40 or so dollars (I forget exact amt) for 30 days prior to cruise. I was on a btb 2day and 5 day. The 2 day they handed me the $$ and the 5 day it was credited to my cc as I had used other OBC.

fuel surcharge is reconsidered if the cost of oil goes over $65/barrel..... I think as of 2/10/09 oil was at $37-38/barrel

On Navigator last week I received the same letter about no refunds. The stock and booking on board OBC is not refundable, but OBC's like Credit Card etc. that is not provided by the cruise line (unless it's a fuel surcharge, that is refundable) is refundable. Each OBC has a code attached to it and the codes provided by the cruise lines are used first, then all others after that.

What about gc that you redeem as onboard credits?

Not sure what you mean, but my understanding is any OBC given by a TA, Visa Points or a gift from someone is refundable of you do not use it all..

Any OBC give by RCL such as nextcruise, or stockholder credit is NOT refundable...

hoytarchery999, OBC..On Board Credit...

Not sure what you mean, but my understanding is any OBC given by a TA, Visa Points or a gift from someone is refundable of you do not use it all..

Any OBC give by RCL such as nextcruise, or stockholder credit is NOT refundable...

hoytarchery999, OBC..On Board Credit...

I have multiple OBC because we were given Royal Caribbean gift certificates and you can apply them as payment or as OBC. Since we had already made final payment we applied them as OBC.

Since the OBC is the result of a gift certificate any extra should be refunded.. it generally goes back on the credit card you used for your seapass but I have also gotten cash back on the last night of the cruise...

Since the OBC is the result of a gift certificate any extra should be refunded.. it generally goes back on the credit card you used for your seapass but I have also gotten cash back on the last night of the cruise...

Thank you....good to know. I am sure we will use the full amount but you never know!!!!

Archived