Whats the Constellation really like?

PEMCO007

Just wondering if anyone has recently returned from the Constellation, love to hear stories and exsperiences esp if you had a holiday cruise on her. We are looking at christmas and new year, after just returning this year with rccl, and really enjoyed being away but just cant decide on ship. We have narrowed it down to the Connie and Sea Princess, we did travel with Celebrity on the Mercury about5 yrs ago but not sure how much has changed, also i have heard feedback about celebrity ships being a little shabby!

Please share any thoughts you have, I am in such a dilemma!!!!

Rachael:confused:

Just wondering if anyone has recently returned from the Constellation, love to hear stories and exsperiences esp if you had a holiday cruise on her. We are looking at christmas and new year, after just returning this year with rccl, and really enjoyed being away but just cant decide on ship. We have narrowed it down to the Connie and Sea Princess, we did travel with Celebrity on the Mercury about5 yrs ago but not sure how much has changed, also i have heard feedback about celebrity ships being a little shabby!

Please share any thoughts you have, I am in such a dilemma!!!!

Rachael:confused:

Was on Constellation Baltic, 2006; Caribbean, November 2007 and November 2008. If there is any wear and tear, it is minimal; so much so, that I don't recall anything that was noticeable enough to stay in my mind. Would sail her again in a heartbeat. Bill

I was on her last June on a Baltics cruise. I would sail her again in a heartbeat. She is a wonderful ship. I notices very minor wear and tear on some of the chairs in the RendezVous Lounge but every place else was clean and bright and very well cared for. Her staff is amazing and there are little nooks and crannies to read or think or just relax. You will have a wonderful time on the Connie. Have fun.

We spent 3 weeks on the Connie in November/December and loved EVERY minute! Love Ocean Liners, the speciality restaurant, Cova Cafe, Michael's with Perry Grant and on and on and on. We loved it so much we are booked for 4 weeks in November on the Southern Caribbean and Panama Canal cruise! Bon Voyage, I know you will love the Connie! Nancie

We were on the Constellation over Christmas/New Year's and had a wonderful time. It was our first Celebrity cruise (previous cruises on Princess and Holland America). We had two concierge cabins (adjoining cabins) on deck 8. The ship was beautifully decorated for the holidays and we would sail on her over Christmas again. If you have anything specific you would like to ask...ask away

We were on the 11 night Christmas/New Year cruise and we felt there was quite a bit of room for improvement. While the entertainment in the lounges was good, the theatre entertainment was awful. An indication of this would be the fact that there was not one comedian booked during the entire holiday cruise. While the food in the buffet was quite good for lunches and dinners, the food in the dining room was very disappointing. I have always enjoyed dinners on cruises, but I have to say that there was not one dinner on the Constellation that was really good. The food was bland and flavourless. If it was a restaurant, I simply would not go back. If you are expecting anything really special for the holidays in terms of little extras, (to go along with the inflated cost of cruising at that time of the year), you will be disappointed. The Christmas show in the theatre was embarrassing and the carols sung in the atrium were brief, poorly organized and poorly attended.

The ship is well cared for and the service is very good but the above points have made me book with another line for a summer cruise this July. This is a pity because my first experience with Celebrity, on the Century a few years ago, was very good.

It's impossible to have a bad time on a cruise, but this one left me thinking I did not get my money's worth. If you want more information, I posted a complete review in January.

Archived