• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Timing of excursion and docking

jm2cc

I am a cruise virgin and I have been reading this forum for months and this is my 1st question. I am on Celebrity Millie departing June 12 out of Vancouver. We arrive in Juneau @ 8am and want to book with HArv & Marv. She gave me 3 start times for the whale watching tour. I requested the 12:30 tour but she put me on the tour which meets at 9am and starts at 9:30 am. Will this give me enough time to disembark and make the 9 am start time? Also, what is the best time for a whale watching tour - or does it really matter. The choices were 9 am, 12:30 and then 3:30. Thanks for your help.

Tour operators will not set up situations where they know you might miss the tour. They have lots of experience with each cruise line. I wouldn't worry since you have 1 hour of leeway. I do recommend you have their local office number and they have your cell number.

Time of day doesn't matter a lot. The advantage of morning is you have time in the afternoon for another excursion, or H&M can drop you off at Mendenhall and you can take the MGT shuttle back to the docks. We took the 3:30 H&M tour and the MGT buses had finished for the day (last bus is 6:30). The 12:30 tour cuts your day in half, I would go for morning or afternoon unless you don't plan to do any other tours.

I am a cruise virgin and I have been reading this forum for months and this is my 1st question. I am on Celebrity Millie departing June 12 out of Vancouver. We arrive in Juneau @ 8am and want to book with HArv & Marv. She gave me 3 start times for the whale watching tour. I requested the 12:30 tour but she put me on the tour which meets at 9am and starts at 9:30 am. Will this give me enough time to disembark and make the 9 am start time? Also, what is the best time for a whale watching tour - or does it really matter. The choices were 9 am, 12:30 and then 3:30. Thanks for your help.

You should have no problem at all. The shore excursion people are well aware of the ships schedule because that is their livlihood. if for some reason the ship is late they will know. have a good time in alaska. My whale watching was always in the a.m. and did ssee whales. I do not know about in the afternoon.

Marilyn

Ok Thank you for the info. I thought that would be the answer, I just wanted to have some assurance and if need be make changes to the tour time. I like the idea of early tour so I have plenty of time to do something else that day.

Budget Queen, Yes I told them what ship I would be on and what time it would arrive 8:00 am. I actually requested the 12:30 slot but she put me on the 9 am slot. How long does it take to disembark? I have never been on a cruise so I don't have a good frame of reference!

Should I be concerned and request a later time?

we arrived at 2pm and by 2:30 we were off the ship. it really doesn't take that much time...

as said , the vendor knows what to expect..when the ships get to dock, how long it takes them to tie up and when to epect you to get off the ship.

Archived