Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ranquet91

Lion Cubs In Cabo

No, it is not! The cubs were drugged when I saw them and that is wrong, wrong, wrong! No other aspect of the operation would justify this.

You have a right to your opinion!

They were obviously drugged when we have seen them too, many times- it now makes me sick everytime we have to walk past it. The women there is involved with the scam, she is the one who is telling all the different stories about the "preserve" and showing the fake pictures. We have noticed as well as many others that we know that she appears to be on something herself everytime anyone has seen her- she is not right.

Also their hours vary. I have seen them much earlier than 11 and later than 3. If there is a cruise ship in and they think they can scam some more dollars from unsuspecting tourists, they are there.

As I said previously, the first time we were there the Jaguar did appear to be drugged, but the last two times, they were not drugged. They fought being held.

As for their hours. It is possible that they vary, but we arrived on a cruise ship and two others were there as well. We passes there at 10am and nobody was there. A server in the restaurant told us that she arrives about 11am daily. When we returned to board our tender at 3:30pm, she was gone. I understand this is more than likely a scam. I would never have my picture taken there again, but the three times that I was there, the animals were only treated with love and attention. I can only imagine what happens behind the scenes.

Ellen

SDPadre Fan & Househunter-I have a question....

This totally dates me (like 10-15 years ago), but are there any worries about getting sick from the ice/water when you get a margarita down in Cabo? It used to be that everyone would only drink bottled drinks. I'd love to go Gordo's but am a little scared of eating there. Since you both seem to go there often, is getting sick eating in Mexico a worry anymore?

Thanks,

Kathy

We have been going since 1994 and eat everything- salad, fruit, salsa and I have never gotten sick and my husband has only once but it could have been a virus he picked up, maybe not from food. All of the restaurants and bars use purifed ice in their drinks so the margaritas are fine everywhere. I know where to drink the tap water and do in many places including my resort but just drink bottled water and you will be fine. There are so many of us regulars over on trip advisor who go to Gordo Leles on a regular basis. No one has reported getting sick there. He cooks the meat on a grill and his food is very simple. Don't miss out on these delicious tacos. They are a must!

Have fun!:)

Hey Househunter; you need to adjust your cruise countdown calendar just a little I think. It says you are going on the Oasis in 54 days. Me thinks that's a bit optimistic isn't it. My understanding is that she's still being built and RCCL is a little concerned about finding the financing to finish her.

Hey Househunter; you need to adjust your cruise countdown calendar just a little I think. It says you are going on the Oasis in 54 days. Me thinks that's a bit optimistic isn't it. My understanding is that she's still being built and RCCL is a little concerned about finding the financing to finish her.

I know, but I don't know how to fix it! Any ideas?:confused:

SDPadre Fan & Househunter-I have a question....

This totally dates me (like 10-15 years ago), but are there any worries about getting sick from the ice/water when you get a margarita down in Cabo? It used to be that everyone would only drink bottled drinks. I'd love to go Gordo's but am a little scared of eating there. Since you both seem to go there often, is getting sick eating in Mexico a worry anymore?

Thanks,

Kathy

I wouldn't worry too much about eating and drinking in Mexico. A little caution and travel smarts is all that is necessary. Drinks in all the resorts and tourists bars will be fine, same with the food. By the way, you can't blame a hangover on bad ice.

There is one condition to my advice. If you are a germ-a-phoebe then you will probably get sick just looking at food. Our bodies are conditioned to fight MOST bad bugs we get from food and water. The problem is this, we have purified and sanitized our food and water to such an extent, that for some (germ-a-phoebes), our bodies can no longer fight these simple bugs and we get sick at the drop of a hat. If that is you, then you should probably just stick to beer and a pre-wrapped granola bar. Why is beer safe? For the most part, beer has been pasteurized. For most of us who eat normally, we have no problems eating in Mexico or any where else for that matter. Are we careful, of course, but we're not 'fraidy cats. Want examples of how good are bodies are at fighting little bugs. Just look at the local population in places like Cabo, PV, etc. They buy things right off the street because their bodies are conditioned to handle them. It's also much cheaper for them, than to buy in the tourist joints, so it's an economic decision as well. But they do seem to survive. For most of us, SOME street vendor's would really through us in a loop. Some however are quite safe. Gordo's, at his old place, was basically just a street vendor. But he was a very safe street vendor. Now, because of the overwhelming generosity of the Cabo fanatics over on TripAdvisor's Cabo forum board, he has his own small restaurant. They raised/donated over $2500.00 to help this great guy out.

Have a great time in our "second most" favorite city. Of course our favorite is where we live.

I know, but I don't know how to fix it! Any ideas?:confused:

Maybe you just have to delete it and start again.

Maybe you just have to delete it and start again.

I don't even know how to do that. In fact, I can't even figure out how I got it on there in the first place. Age and blondness:o

When you go into play with your signature, in the upper right corner of the editing box is a button that puts you in editor mode. That will allow you to see the hidden codes that you can change/delete/modify. It's fairly similar to revealing the hidden codes in MS Word or Wordperfect. Like tab, paragraph, and page break codes, etc.

Worst, comes to worst, delete the whole signature and start over.

Don't yell at me if it all goes haywire. Sometimes I even have to start over to get it the way I want. I need to do it again just to get my font sizes adjusted correctly. My cruise details are way too big and waste board space. Something for a rainy day I guess. Not today, 84 degrees and sunshine today.

Oh, rub it in will you! We had snow 3 days ago and today is a balmy 37 and raining!

But hey, you have four seasons right. Isn't that what EVERYONE wants. I'm kind of happy with 1 1/2 though.

Many years ago - lets say about 30 give or take, the Seattle newspaper had a contest for the best slogan for a tee-shirt. The winning slogan: "It Must Be Summer, The Rain Is Warmer". I was stationed at Whitbey Island 1976-1979

Windows & doors are wide open. Tee-shirt's and shorts today.

When you go into play with your signature, in the upper right corner of the editing box is a button that puts you in editor mode. That will allow you to see the hidden codes that you can change/delete/modify. It's fairly similar to revealing the hidden codes in MS Word or Wordperfect. Like tab, paragraph, and page break codes, etc.

Worst, comes to worst, delete the whole signature and start over.

Don't yell at me if it all goes haywire. Sometimes I even have to start over to get it the way I want. I need to do it again just to get my font sizes adjusted correctly. My cruise details are way too big and waste board space. Something for a rainy day I guess. Not today, 84 degrees and sunshine today.

Thank you, you are so smart! It's all fixed.

Thanks guys...

No I'm not big into germs. I teach Kindergarten and the germs are abundant!! I should have great immunity ! :)

I just remember going to Club Med about 20 years ago (when we were young :) and boy did we both get sick!)