• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

last possible moment

luvtravel38

Yes, you can book, and I'm sure the cruise line will love you for it!! You can print e-docs too. I haven't booked that close to the date, but maybe someone else here can tell you if they would actually mail you something too.

We have booked with less than 3 weeks until sailing. You can find some great last min. rates. A friend of our actually booked the night prior to the sailing about 1 1/2 yrs ago. E-docs are easy to do, and even if you can't access the e-docs, you can take a copy of your cruise confirmation to the dock.

We booked 24 days before our cruise in December. Celebrity told us we had to do e-docs. It was very easy to print out everything we needed for check-in.

Our next cruise is in March. For that one, we booked eight weeks before the cruise. I kept watching prices of it go up after we booked. Right now, it's showing up as sold out--four and one-half weeks before we sail.

Can anyone tell me if its possible to book a cruise 3 weeks prior to it sailing if rooms are available? Will my documents make it to me in time? Thanks
Yes, you can book. As far as documents go, you don't need any. However, if there is an e-mail option, that will work. Nonetheless, even without any documents (other than your passport) you would still be able to board, it would just take longer to complete the process once you arrive.

I believe TSA requires a list of passengers 72 hours before sailing. So you can book until then. Cruise lines will get you what you need. The problem would be if you needed to book air, you may be looking at a few, high priced choices.

That's what I thought also, but apparently they just need the list at least 48 hrs. prior to returning to the US.

Archived